Do boxing and kickboxing have popular fighters with fake WWE persona, Colby style?

B Hops executioner masks with 2 roided he mans was kind of...homosexual like

in boxing you have adrien broner

i used to think Tyson Fury was fake but now i realize that his personality that comes across is genuine,

as for kickboxing back in the day Badr hari was the poster boy for bad boy wwe style, guys entrance theme is literally his name on repeat, attached is the shit he has done, in his defence he has calmed down over the years

View attachment 395243
But i dont know any colby type kickboxers nowadays

This is the first personal life section of a wiki I see instead of starting “he was born in___” starts with “he was arrested multiple times. Bronson must be jealous.

And Broner is really fake persona?
Can't find the clip on YouTube but a local news station interviewed him as a young standout and he talked about how if it wasn't for boxing he'd be stealing cars or something. I think he's a complete moron but looking at his background it's understandable. However I don't think he's fake at all.

I really think Broner is fake, he's wannabe mayweather, when i think of fake i think of guys who have pre-planned antics like colby does, as for broner this promo and that whole "fake proposal comb my hair instead prank" screamed disingenuous whereas Fury seems like he just says exactly whats on his mind no matter what and is a nutjob with immense boxing talent

EDIT: Hari has definitely had been convicted of crimes with assault charges
I agree Fury is a legit nutjob. Hard for a guy like that to have a long distinguished reign but he can cause anybody trouble if he's focused on fighting.

i think Broner is the closest thing to Colby, because Badr and Tyson Fury aren't acting. Badr is really an asshole in real life, and Tyson is really crazy.

also, Shannon Briggs i think is waaay better at real life trolling than Colby is. Colby only really trolls the internet, because it's safe. Shannon Briggs straight up stalks motherfuckers lol

Haha that’s bottom video is funny as fck

Briggs is a brilliant troll; funny but doesn’t over step the Mark. Colby is just a disrespectful cunt

i think Broner is the closest thing to Colby, because Badr and Tyson Fury aren't acting. Badr is really an asshole in real life, and Tyson is really crazy.

also, Shannon Briggs i think is waaay better at real life trolling than Colby is. Colby only really trolls the internet, because it's safe. Shannon Briggs straight up stalks motherfuckers lol

Briggs is another NY guy like Zab that didn't live up to the hype. Lineal champ he may be but it was against too old Foreman who had bad hip problems. He was very amusing in his "let's go champ" campaign but he's was an old fighter that had a already been dominated by Vitali.

Gervonte Davis comes across as a complete prick, and has already been world champ. Although he's managed by Mayweather so shouldn't be surprised on either count.

he's a genuinely terrible talker though, very uncharismatic, he comes across like a shy schoolkid at times who is still far too young to be asked to speak in front of an audience

Mayweather was one. He's not entirely the brash asshole you see on 24/7. There's a reason most of his "problems" always cropped up just before a fight. Don't get me wrong, he has real personal issues and has had to pay his debt for some of them, but "Money" is a persona. Watch any fight pre Gatti, or how he handled his loss at the Olympics. Generally speaking, he seems well mannered.

David Haye is a good pick for another.

Having a hard time thinking of any others. Broner is just a stooge. I think he's legitimately an idiot in real life, and his problems stem from his real personality. If not, he let his "fake" personality creep in too far to his real one to the point that they're indistinguishable.

in boxing you have adrien broner

i used to think Tyson Fury was fake but now i realize that his personality that comes across is genuine,

as for kickboxing back in the day Badr hari was the poster boy for bad boy wwe style, guys entrance theme is literally his name on repeat, attached is the shit he has done, in his defence he has calmed down over the years

View attachment 395243
But i dont know any colby type kickboxers nowadays

I think all of those guys are a lot more genuine than Conor.

Simple answer is no. To bring MMA in from the fringes needed a lil something.

No, the dickheads in Boxing are 4 reals... eg) Broner isn't an act, he's a legit fucktard.

I think almost every successful celebrity fakes their public persona to a large degree. Some of the fakeness probably comes naturally -- people that seek fame are usually trying to be someone else. Some of the fakeness is calculated. It's like rap guys trying to look rich and surrounded by hot women when a lot of them are bankrupt and only attract skanks.

Even a lot of the celebrity-to-celebrity marriages are calculated moves and therefore in my definition "fake". I really doubt that the actresses and basketball stars are generally falling in actual love. Instead it just makes sense to compound their stardom to keep their names in all the press.

Anyway, most fighters that become household names do so in part because of their public personality and the smart guys will groom that purposefully.

Canelo actually talks 0 trash. He is a good example of someone who made it to the top just fighting and being genuine. Outside of Broner most top boxers don’t really talk trash and Broner isn’t a top boxer either btw

Ali said his antics to rile up a crowd were directly inspired by the WWE star Gorgeous George. In kickboxing Yasuhiro Kido does a lot of these weird joke skits that are pretty gimmicky but actually pretty funny too. There is also Syuri who was actually a pro wrestling champion and became a successful kickboxer. She just transitioned to MMA too.

Last edited:
Back