Do Glory want paper champs? Vakhitov on the path of Princey, following Rico with a DEC robbery?

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Danyo Ilunga certainly won this fight. Didn"t he?

GLORY 56 saw Artem Vakhitov retains his GLORY Light Heavyweight Title against Danyo Ilunga, while Jady Menezes pulled off a shocking upset by defeating Anissa Meksen to win the GLORY Women’s Super Bantamweight Title in Denver.

Both main events are surrounded by a black smoke of controversy as a result of the judges’ scorecards from the bouts. Vakhitov won a unanimous decision, with two judges scoring the contest 48-47 and one a more confusing 49-46 when a good portion of people felt Ilunga did enough to deserve the nod. This, however, couldn’t top the women’s title bout, which saw one judge give the bout 50-45 to Meksen, the defending champion — a score unanimously agreed upon by the kickboxing community. But the other two judges scored the bout as a 48-47 win for Menezes.

And Twitter exploded, with many having a field day at what they saw in the headliners.

http://www.fightsports.tv/twitter-reacts-to-glory-56-decisions/

Are we still closing our eyes? Glory has become a shitty promotion in judging.

http://www.fightsports.tv/glory-56-...-see-vakhitov-retain-menezes-pulls-off-upset/

https://kickboxingz.com/glory-ceo-meksen-deserves-rematch

Glory doesn't employ judges you dimwit.

Questionable decisions happen in litterally every fight promotion.

Kickboxing judging has always been unreliable K-1 included. Not sure what can be done about that.

If you think promotions don't have influence on judges you are very naive

Unless you're into conspiracy theories - which he clearly is into judging by most of his posts.
I can tell you only some things. Many events are priced in the US by bookmakers. :) For some of you it"s hard to believe, but the Europol also found many fixed games in Scandinavia. Corruption is everywhere, less or bigger.

It can be individual betting or even board betting. Or board decisions. Or board decisions plus bettings.

We will never know, but Glory from a while is having these strange decisions. I am not talking at all about closer fights, and I am happy not just Moroșanu was in this position against not so talented Polish.

If you have lived in the US you could have said it"s ok, because of the laws. Asia, Latin America, even Europe and even Australia through the Asians, CRIMINALS.

Now I don"t know if in Sweden it"s a common thing, certainly random people are considering it a "low" custom. You are more like Switzerland there. But "grande" Germany is full by corruption and it"s not just the immigrants. The Austrians does with via businesses too in the world, and I have also heard cases from Sweden (at the highest level, in companies, and sports). Why being naive, mate? Just because you are less corrupt than some others? This is a cancer of the world.

PS. Now I am sorry I have talked about countries. I respect all the world. Yes, I am crazy patriotic guy but I am also honest. And Vakhitov right now at least in the LHW is a very good fighter. It"s his work and recognition.

Last edited:
But Ilunga was very robbed, the fight is uploaded. I don"t even think Ilunga deserved a chance to the belt, he is not a contender anymore since 3-4 years ago. This was an awful fight from Artem and should have paid the price.

In this rythm, we will have another Rico. So far only Sittichai has kind of legacy. Of course, if you ask me now, Verhoeven and Vakhitov are not fake champions and do hold recognition compared to RvR. RvR who is very talented but is not in some prime for some years.

Some of your posts don’t make any sense man

But Yeah Sittichai, Petchpanomrung, Meksen and Ilunga were all robbed on their championship title

Back