Do gyms pay top tear fighters to train there or the other way around?

They usually train there for free and often teach some classes for compensation.

Depends on the gym. From what I understand, some gyms do in fact reach out tp big named fighters to train with them.

wtf is a top tear fighter?
beat me to it

jon-jones-crying-press-conference-doping.jpg

Does anyone know about the gym culture surrounding UFC fighters? Do they keep away from other fighters? Is food included? Do they kick everyone out of the gyms except the sparring partners? Do gyms have security to precent people from getting autographs

some gyms I know don't mind u coming in when practice happening.
im sure the fighters pay the gym since there are training there and all.

All top tear UFC fighters are kept in individual octagons, they are let out for holidays and for public viewing..........some got special treatment, like Jon Jones, he was allowed to sleep under his octagon, whilst others where allowed out to fight in rings with 40 year old boxers with brittle hands and the odd bus.......

Usually pro fighters pay more to train at gyms

Also to train with pros you need a special invitation n it’s outside of normal hours

I'm not sure about top tear fighters, but regular tear fighters pay for their training yet some compensate teaching at gyms. (Not necessarily the same gym)

It depends. At my gym the fighters pay to train, but if the fighter is also a coach then they don't.

Does anyone know about the gym culture surrounding UFC fighters? Do they keep away from other fighters? Is food included? Do they kick everyone out of the gyms except the sparring partners? Do gyms have security to precent people from getting autographs
<DCrying><mma1>

Ngannou might be training and eating for free at the UFC Performance center or whatever its called.

I worked in a gym with ufc fighters for four years and saw the marketing first hand. Also, one of my good friends I met there managed att in coconut creek and they have a ton of ufc fighters.

Fighters I’ve seen generally don’t pay the gym, they pay a trainer/training partners part of their purse or direct pay for the help. The gym paying fighters is very rare. That’s what the blackzillion model did (sponsored by Jaco I believe) and they tanked.

One common misconception in my experience is that ufc fighters attract memberships. It would blow your fucking mind how much that is not the case. The gym I worked at sold 2500 memberships while I was there and I interacted with every single one. There were two people that came as a result of fighters. As in, get, I came to meet/train under this guy. Literally two. Maybe two dozen knew who the fighters even were beforehand.

Most people who came to train mma were not die hard ufc fans, but became so after they started training. We joke about that with my friend all the time. People think that the average ufc groupie online would be your target market and it’s not the case at all.

It was fucking rare for someone to be a hardcore fan and to show up and want to train at either of those two gyms.

Big gyms run by name trainers usually take a percentage from their top fighters. GSP give Zarhabi say 10%. A fighter who teaches might get additional pay.

Scrubs without champ potential have to pay.

Some dudes with huge potential like Hendricks even get sponsored at the beginning of their career but then they have to pay like 50% from what they earn which leads to real heat and lawsuits.

I guess Tony Ferguson could be considered a top tear fighter, you have to be pretty high on the tear rankings to tear your ligaments while doing media obligations.

Back