Do I have poor genetics for MMA?

Just dont bother on planning and researching too much until you get punched in the face a couple of times...

What kind of martial arts do you do? Can you take shots? Do you have cardio? Do you excel at any particular discipline? Can you be coached?
Read those questions in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm 21 and have always wanted to try MMA. So I've heard reach is important and my reach as far as I'm concerned is really small. I live in Sweden and is your average joe here. I am about 184cm tall and my reach is like 184cm too (hard to measure by yourself), is it too small to have any chance against taller opponents?

I am currently ripped at about 78kg, but my natural weight is like 83kg if I'm not strict with food. I think I have a decent frame, wrist size is about 19 cm at this ripped state, and a little higher at 83kg, like 19.5cm. Maybe I am just finding doubts for no reason?
Get a mouthy Irish friend with corny tatoos and too much swag and you'll be a UFC fighter in no time, reach or no reach! :D

OP living out his MMA athlete fantasy on a forum.

Get to a gym and stop with the selfish questions.

mighty-mouse.jpg
Looks like Damon Wayans here.

You call yourself short at 6'0? Lol

I'm 21 and have always wanted to try MMA. So I've heard reach is important and my reach as far as I'm concerned is really small. I live in Sweden and is your average joe here. I am about 184cm tall and my reach is like 184cm too (hard to measure by yourself), is it too small to have any chance against taller opponents?

I am currently ripped at about 78kg, but my natural weight is like 83kg if I'm not strict with food. I think I have a decent frame, wrist size is about 19 cm at this ripped state, and a little higher at 83kg, like 19.5cm. Maybe I am just finding doubts for no reason?

To quote Tom Lawlor on his move up to light-heavyweight, "I know I'm not the biggest guy there, but I've been told my whole life that size doesn't matter."

Post pic leme see your pyshique
Physique

And I finally manned up and I start MMA-training on tuesday, lets see if I get my ass kicked. Any tips?

Physique

And I finally manned up and I start MMA-training on tuesday, lets see if I get my ass kicked. Any tips?

Looks like ur carrying too much muslce. I dont know if thats always good but they say if u carry too much ul gass very quick?But u do have good genetics imo. Nice round shoulders

You can do whatever you want. Genetics will not hold you back. Unless you're Indian. There's always medical school.

If Artem can find success, anyone can!

awwqgnvb-jpg.289433

There probably is bad generics for MMA. But not a reason not to try.

I bruise, cut, and swell so fucking easy, but I'm not sorry I gave it a shot.

For reference, when I do scouting I don't often pay that much attention to height or reach, unless they are an extreme. From your pics, you will be fine, but as someone said above, focus on cardio, you need functional muscle not show muscle. If your cardio is on point to go 25 minutes in the cage, then you have an advantage over 80% of fighters out there already.

For reference, when I do scouting I don't often pay that much attention to height or reach, unless they are an extreme. From your pics, you will be fine, but as someone said above, focus on cardio, you need functional muscle not show muscle. If your cardio is on point to go 25 minutes in the cage, then you have an advantage over 80% of fighters out there already.
I have done 2 training sessions now.
Most people I train with seem to be around my height. Fortunately I was blessed with good genes for cardio, although 2hours on the mat yesterday was exhausting, however really fun. Apparently I was good at the wrestling part, however I got some nice bruises on top of my feet which will harden over time I have heard

Back