Do mice make good pets if I have kids? - Would rats be better?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Do mice make good, cheap, easy, and fun pets if I have kids that are 4,7, and 10? I want them to have pets. I'm not ready for a dog at this point. I don't like cats. Fish are lame b/c you can't play with them. I think mice are better than hamsters and guinea pigs. I would get 3 female mice or something like that.
What say you Sherdoggers? Get some mice as pets? I would actually love to get 2 rats but they take up too much room and people seem freaked out by rats. When actually they are smart and clean animals.

Mice are cool pets, they're easy to take care of and don't cost much to have.

yeah, and their favorite thing to eat is snakes, but make sure the snake is alive. Fresher the better.

Mice don't live long beyond a year

Perfect! My kids will get bored with them after a year anyway. At least I won't be stuck with an animal that I have to take care of for another 10 years :)

Mice are cool pets, they're easy to take care of and don't cost much to have.

Ya, I think they sell mice at my local pet store for like $4 each! lol. They basically give them away but then you have to buy all the stuff to go with it.....cage, bedding, toys, food, water, etc.

Disgusting. Just get a dog like a normal person.

What's the point of a pet mouse????

If you're going to get a pet then get a pet..not a real pet's food
Just get a small dog. Your kids will get a lot more out of that, as will your household.

Mice or rats will attract any snakes that are in the area. We ended up with a cobra in our house last year as a result of some 'pet' mice. 0/10 experience.

One good thing about mice, though, is that they're not very affectionate and have a short lifespan....so your kids will have a soft introduction into losing a pet.

Mice or rats will attract any snakes that are in the area. We ended up with a cobra in our house last year as a result of some 'pet' mice. 0/10 experience.

One good thing about mice, though, is that they're not very affectionate and have a short lifespan....so your kids will have a soft introduction into losing a pet.
<{Joewithit}>
The hell? Then what?
Was it front of the rat cage? How'd you get it out?

See that fat African bullfrog in my avatar ? He’s hungry

Back