do mma fighters punch w/ the first 2 knuckles?

With gloves on you can hit with the first two knuckles or all the knuckles.

I always use bottom three knuckles. Actually sort of between the middle and ring finger. The index knuckle really doesn't get involved for me unless its a mishit. Similarly, the calluses I have from lifting are all on the last three fingers. No calluses on index finger.

That happens to me a lot probably because I throw awkward overhand rights and corkscrew jabs.

lol iv never been taught to punch with any knuckle in mma some boxing gyms have dif thoughts but mma we have much more important things to focus on getting hit with 4 oz gloves is gonna do damage regardless so it snot a big deal

When I was working in dominos me and this Mexican had a fight in the back to see who was better, so I hit 1 superman punch on him (keep in mind that I was always taught to hit with the first 2 knuckles) and his chin started dripping blood.

That's why it's important to hit with the first 2 knuckles of your fist, it is the most effective way, anyone who tells you other wise are one of those kungfu motherfuckers that think their style is the best.

You'll break your wrist if you punch with the first two knuckles, causes to much flexion in your wrist.

You should be punching with the middle and ring finger knuckle because it's the correct way to throw a punch as is the most stable force of power.

EDIT: Put your knuckles up against the wall, starting with Middle and Ring. Than try Index and Middle and Pink and Ring finger knuckles, you will feel the flexion in your wrist if wiggle your hand against the wall.

You'll break your wrist if you punch with the first two knuckles, causes to much flexion in your wrist.

Well maybe I just have a strong bone structure I have never broken a bone before either. Everytime someone has punched my elbow when it's extended I don't feel it. So i really don't really think my knuckles will break unless i hit someone like andrei arlovski.

Well maybe I just have a strong bone structure I have never broken a bone before either. Everytime someone has punched my elbow when it's extended I don't feel it. So i really don't really think my knuckles will break unless i hit someone like andrei arlovski.

It's not that, it if you hit them on a funny angle with your first two knuckles your wrist will snap. Funny story, I walk into work today and my buddy has a wrist brace on from punching someone in the head with his first two knuckles.

Depend on your wrapping and taping. The wrist is usually wrapped for support, making it less bending. If aligning the last 3 knuckles with your forearm don't mess up your grappling grips, go for it. Otherwise, go with the first 2 knuckles; when they're aligned with the forearm, the wrist is somewhat neutral making the grip more natural.

Back