Do moderators have to delete good threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredman

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is there such a rule on sherdog? Because it seems to me that every time someone makes a thread that is a bit whacky and interesting and fun and different than the usual fare it gets deleted because we aren't discussing something that falls strictly within the boundaries of the particular forum.

I'm referring to the thread "sherdog forum orginal labels" or smth like that about nicknames that started here. No one was bashing fighters, everyone was having a laugh.

Can you at least move the thread and not delete it?

I couldn't agree more with you more

it's sucking the fun out of this forum

There's a few here that get locked when they should just be moved. I agree with that.

Typical OT threads are funny. Why not just move them?

It doesn't happen often, but it does get annoying, kind of like getting the cane in school...not that I'm old enough to know ;)

totally feel ya bro. i even intentionally posted in the wasteland once cuz i knew i was talking about dumb shit and they still dubbed me and locked my thread. best thing is to just remember that this is just a place where angry little mma fans come to call each other retards so no one has to know that they get beat up by their sisters.

try going out and talking to some real people! they can't ban u from that!

It depends on who is moderating.

It would be fun if this thread would be deleted.

Being serious, there was a thread about under appreciated fighters that was made. As a matter of fact it was a three thread trilogy of sorts. It was leading to some interesting talk and debate, then it just got deleted. It was kind of confusing becuase it was a good thread in a MMA forum. What is the exact criteria for deleting a thread?

Being serious, there was a thread about under appreciated fighters that was made. As a matter of fact it was a three thread trilogy of sorts. It was leading to some interesting talk and debate, then it just got deleted. It was kind of confusing becuase it was a good thread in a MMA forum. What is the exact criteria for deleting a thread?

Subjective opinion of mods.

Is there such a rule on sherdog? Because it seems to me that every time someone makes a thread that is a bit whacky and interesting and fun and different than the usual fare it gets deleted because we aren't discussing something that falls strictly within the boundaries of the particular forum.

I'm referring to the thread "sherdog forum orginal labels" or smth like that about nicknames that started here. No one was bashing fighters, everyone was having a laugh.

Can you at least move the thread and not delete it?

I see what you mean, the thread you were referring to was going along just fine.

With posts like these I can't imagine why it would be deleted?

Michael "The C#nt"Bisping
Nick 'The Cock' Ring

In "Big Nig"'s defense people do mistakenly hit the I instead of O. They're right next to each other.

And anyone who's watched TUF could find Nick 'The Cock' Ring amusing. He has a sense of humor, why can't we?

Subjective opinion of mods.

totally. i had one deleted that a mod said had been done a "million times"

my favorite part was that right next to my thread was a "how would badr hari do in mma" thread which i in my relatively small amount of 5/600 posts have seen a shitload of times. i get the excuse that theres only so much the mods can catch but seriously it was on the main page right underneath mine. u gonna tell me they didn't see it? or the mods just really like talking about all 23 seconds of badr haris mma career?

smelled like bs to me but the bottom line is what the f am i gonna do about it? nothing. cuz its just a friggin website...

In "Big Nig"'s defense people do mistakenly hit the I instead of O. They're right next to each other.

And anyone who's watched TUF could find Nick 'The Cock' Ring amusing. He has a sense of humor, why can't we?

Well Big Nog wouldn't have been funny at all then would it.

And what, no defense for the Bisbing label?

These types of threads inevitably lead to fighter bashing and then dubs and bans, just as this one was. No reason to think otherwise so it got deleted before it got out of hand.

People seem to forget this is a private forum not a public one and that it is subject to certain rules. We enforce tham at our discretion. There are always going to be some people that don't agree with how we do it. We can't please everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so annoyed when they deleted the '10,000 lesners v 1,000 bears' thread, that was one of my favourites.

These types of threads inevitably lead to dubs and bans, just as this one was. No reason to think otherwise so it got deleted before it got out of hand.

People seem to forget this is a private forum not a public one and that it is subject to certain rules. We enforce tham at our descretion. There are always going to be some people that don't agree with how we do it. We can't please everyone.

It's Bisping !!

These types of threads inevitably lead to dubs and bans, just as this one was. No reason to think otherwise so it got deleted before it got out of hand.

People seem to forget this is a private forum not a public one and that it is subject to certain rules. We enforce tham at our descretion. There are always going to be some people that don't agree with how we do it. We can't please everyone.

I would say 90% of people on the forum disagree with your (the mods) work.

So you hardly please anyone.

I would say 90% of people on the forum disagree with your (the mods) work.

So you hardly please anyone.
Am I right in saying you spend most of your time in the heavies?

Do you think they get paid to do this or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back