Do people honestly consider Jones the GOAT or are they just trolling?

He WAS the Goat until he roided.

Now it's default back to GSP.
GSP was legitimately the Goat at one time. Now he is by process of elimination.

Anderson gone, Jones gone.
GSP still stands.
Just wish his last few WW title fights were more exciting.

If steroids caught during the USADA era are a dis qualifier, how can GSP be considered if he fought PRIOR to USADA

It's the same thing that the NFL is doing with black quarterbacks, Marvel is doing with superheroes, and Obama getting elected.

It's desperation at its finest.

I'd say we can assume that being caught twice, hiding under the cage for 8hrs from testers and the ridiculous change in his physique puts him up there with the most severe cheaters.

I wouldn't call the change in his physique ridiculous to be honest. He just put on some mass while he was out.

filter

2E9785E300000578-3325137-Jon_Jones_shows_off_the_effects_of_his_seven_month_powerlifting_-a-4_1447929903202.jpg

no filter

rt515PH.jpg

I have that question regarding McGregor.

As far as Jones, he is undefeated. Yes, there's the PED and the behavior, but his record is against top opponents speaks for itself, so with that said--I think many do consider him the GOAT, and rightfully so.
He does not have a peer in the octagon, everyone gets handled. I am aware of the lackluster OSP fight and the controversial Gus one. He is one of my most disliked fighters, but I do think he belongs in GOAT conversations, that's for sure.

Free Bones! It's outrageous that USADA keeps tainting his samples like this.

I wouldn't call the change in his physique ridiculous to be honest. He just put on some mass while he was out.

filter

2E9785E300000578-3325137-Jon_Jones_shows_off_the_effects_of_his_seven_month_powerlifting_-a-4_1447929903202.jpg

no filter

rt515PH.jpg

Photos are often very deceptive but id still say that there's a suspicious difference in his physique.
More than what would be attained naturally.
He is very ecto and is a natural beanpole. So naturally it's very hard for him to gain a good amount of size and strength.
Especially while training MMA which will make it even more difficult to bulk due to the calories expended.
But i guess "ridiculous" is a subjective term.

filter

no filter

rt515PH.jpg

Im not saying he wasnt juicing. (I think they all are personally)

But arent these pics 4 year apart, the second after a year off power lifting?

Im not saying he wasnt juicing. (I think they all are personally)

But arent these pics 4 year apart, the second after a year off power lifting?

Yes something like that. He got bigger yea, but nothing out of the ordinary. He was out of comp and was able to focus on gaining mass only.

JJ's results inside the octagon indicate that he is the GOAT. The only question is to what extent those results were achieved by doping. If you decide that tips the scales in GSP's favor, I have no problem with that.

Jones is the goat at what he does, Jones is the darkness used to cast shadow upon the light of righteousness we know as DC. Jones is the antiChrist, the devil incarnate, Lucifer in the flesh, Diablo at dawn, the waiting Satan , the mark of the beast and champion of the least,

He's the greatest fighter we've ever seen in MMA

That's my honest opinion. Is he the GOAT? Meh maybe not

Here's how the GOAT list breaks down via weight class...
Fedor = DQ'd for fighting 90% of his career in a glamourized pro wrestling company
Bones = DQ'd for drugs
Anderson = DQ'd for drugs
GSP = DQ'd for not enough finishes
BJ = DQ'd for moving weight and being bad at it (9/2)
Aldo = DQ'd for losing to the worst fighter ever in 13 seconds
MM = Who?
Hmmmm, this is tough...almost like it's stupid and meaningless.
Anyway, after some adjustments are made, we're left with the one true GOAT....
100_3538.JPG

You guessed it.......it's

I get your point but MM is the guy who broke the UFC consecutive title defense record and will probably own all the UFC champion records when his career is over. That is a notable accomplishment. Who cares if casuals don't know him, casuals don't know SRR either.

I mean everything can be debated but records can't be debated. If Mouse owns the records, he is a GOAT candidate at minimum. I mean that is how sports records work. Athletes who hold the best records in their respective sports are considered the best.

I absolutely consider Jones as one of the GOATS, steroids or not.

How is he not the GOAT?

Explain. Don't give me any USADA bullshit.

He's got the best record and most dominant championship victories.

Yes he is an utter shitstain of a person, and if not for his gifted physical abilities he'd be dead or serving a long stretch behind bars.

He's taken PEDs and was caught twice, shaving years off his career.

If you don't care about cheating, please stay out of GOAT discussions, or qualify them as "GOAT including Cheaters".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back