Do people really like Alice in Chains?

Yeah, people really do like Alice In Chains TS.

I have a hard time listening to them now because I have an ex who was a big fan. And she was one of the good ones that got away.
I was going to give you a like on this mo chara but honestly that is sad as hell.Not only a lost love but negative vibes listening to such a brilliant band.Sad.

RIP Mike Starr.

I love the funky bassline and riff of the intro on this one:

Layne Staley's last performance:

I love the improvisation of the chorus at 1:08. Unfortunately Layne looks very thin and gaunt in this video. He's still able to belt out the high notes, but it's so damn depressing to see him like this.

grunge is awful,it all sounds the same to me.But i like punk,same can be said for it,what do i know....so no

Your loss imo. Layne had a god given voice, add his personnel experiences and emotions to that voice and...wow. Met him once years ago, after a gig, super fucking nice guy...we chatted about Prince, I had seen in a interview that he was a huge fan of his, great chat.

RIP.

tumblr_msuls90Eng1shamsuo1_500.gif

Fave vocalist of all-time. They had already came and done their thing before I was coming of age - Layne died when I was 15 - but I always got the sense dude cool as fuck and very down to Earth. He had one of the most inimitable voices of all-time: ridiculous power, control, range, grain and pain.

Re: Jerry Cantrell. He's obviously a great musician, songwriter and capable vocalist in his own right. The de facto main man of Alice in Chains as the founder, brains and lead guitarist behind it. Layne was the heart, soul and voice (obviously). It's almost criminal to sound this fucking great live, spine tingling great. Probably the best version of "Love, Hate, Love" as well.

Atmosphere at this gig was something else too.

There is no other band out there that perfectly captures the feeling of what it is like to be a heroin addict. Alice In Chains in my opinion is one of the best bands to come out of the 90's and one of the best bands period. I fucking hate that Layne Staley couldn't kick his heroin habit because ultimately it led to his death. I wonder what Alice Chains would sound like today if Layne was still alive

Like shit.

When you take away drugs from rockers, or give rappers tons of money, their music turns to shit.

Jerry Cantrell identifies the band as primarily heavy metal. He told Guitar World in 1996, "We're a lot of different things ... I don't quite know what the mixture is, but there's definitely metal, blues, rock and roll, maybe a touch of Punk. The metal part will never leave, and I never want it to"

Punk rules
Punk sucks dick the only part that might of been remotely punk was some of the lyrics Layne wrote on their early demos.

I really really dislike them. I was into the general grunge movement but I never understood why people like anything Layne did. Seemed like a bunch of depressing ramblings of a heroine addict. I don't get it.

This band had a pretty uneven catalog. Some things, like "Would," were excellent. Others left me cold.

I listened to Dirt every day when I was shooting dope. Then I couldn't hear them at all for about 2 years after getting clean. It was like I could smell black tar as soon as one of their songs started. Thankfully, that passed.

I'll never forget driving back one day after buying a shitload of heroin with this girl. She and I had nothing in common musically, or otherwise really. She asks to see my ipod because she didn't like anything I usually had on. A minute later, Junkhead starts playing.

I listened to Dirt every day when I was shooting dope. Then I couldn't hear them at all for about 2 years after getting clean. It was like I could smell black tar as soon as one of their songs started. Thankfully, that passed.

I'll never forget driving back one day after buying a shitload of heroin with this girl. She and I had nothing in common musically, or otherwise really. She asks to see my ipod because she didn't like anything I usually had on. A minute later, Junkhead starts playing.

Loved it using love it now:cool:

Yes I like AIC, as well as Mad Season.

If it wasn't for Kurt Cobain, Layne would have been the voice of Generation X, and in my opinion the best vocalist to come out of grunge. Dirt is pretty damn depressing, but it balances well with Jar of Flies and Above (Mad Season).

Last edited:
Layne Staley's last performance:

I love the improvisation of the chorus at 1:08. Unfortunately Layne looks very thin and gaunt in this video. He's still able to belt out the high notes, but it's so damn depressing to see him like this.

Really depressing. He had a lot more to offer.

Back