Do people really think Mike Perry is superstar material?

So do people think that if someone has good looks they can't fight? What is this fascination with Jouban being a model? What does that have to do with anything?
That’s what the haters think. Dinosaur brains.

He was a troubled young man and found fighting as a way to succeed.
He puts on exciting fights and has them black belt hands.
He's a unique character who marches to the beat of his own drum.
He's rough around the edges and gives funny interviews.
Anyone calling him racist needs more proof then some silly name changing. Culturally insensitive, maybe. Racist, nah.
WAR PLATINUM!

No.....it all started as a joke to make fun of Conor fans....then people started hopping on the bandwagon not knowing it was a joke....

The guys who started this joke are kicking back and laughing their asses off at all the people who weren't in on it.....they're the bronies of sherdog....
I agree with your assessment, but it appears to have gone way beyond that. It appears as if there are many pushing for an agenda on his behalf
Geez one loss while he was going through a transition & he earned that backlash?
When he beats somebody in the top 20 we'll talk. He will need a miracle to defeat Ponzinibbio in Dec, who is a far better striker.

He was a troubled young man and found fighting as a way to succeed.
He puts on exciting fights and has them black belt hands.
He's a unique character who marches to the beat of his own drum.
He's rough around the edges and gives funny interviews.
Anyone calling him racist needs more proof then some silly name changing. Culturally insensitive, maybe. Racist, nah.
WAR PLATINUM!
Pretty much the most sensible post ever written about Platinum on Sherdog, ever.

Take a bow bro.

People talk about him like he can be a future champion and ppv star. Is this serious or just an inside joke that I missed?
Both. It was a shot at Conor fans.......... But Perry absolutely could be a champ if he gets to training his skills. Plus, he is fucking amazing to watch.

He looks like a douche and has no notable wins, the only reason I even know who he is is because he's a meme fighter on the internet. Otherwise he'd just be a generic mid-card fighter to me.

Very interesting personality.
Bullyish, loudmouth, racist - and definitely not smart.
People with ghetto mentality is interesting for people who grew up in suburbia. Nothing like watching nuckleheads fight in a cage and witness them say stupid shit afterwards. Its like cockfighting if the cocks could give interviews after every fight. Interesting shit huhh?!?

Last edited:
UFC tries to keep fighters who appeal to a certain demographic. Perry falls in the white trash appeal.

Platinum Mike has to have one of the lowest IQs on the roster.

I'll be ready to bump this thread when he does become champion.
The Platinum Nation neck tattoos thread will be legendary too

myself and @Kristian82 are getting them done when he wins, and if anyone else wants in just let me know :D

Last edited:
People with ghetto mentality is interesting for people who grew up in suburbia. Nothing like watching nuckleheads fight in a cage and witness them say stupid shit afterwards. Its like cockfighting if the cocks could give interviews after every fight. Interesting shit huhh?!?
mt2cyo8kvo23vyf6g.jpg

The whole Hyun Gyu Lim fight and what surrounded it,
His behavior in the weigh ins, twitter remarks with using "funny Asian" name instead his real one, supporting his camp shouting racist remarks during the fight.

I can go on and on, but why should I? Here is the compilation:

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/overwhelming-evidence-ufc-fighter-mike-perry-absolute-trash/
haha you're twisting facts here to make Mike look bad

defamation lawsuit incoming

tumblr_m502mo1fUs1r9e26to1_400.gif

I agree with your assessment, but it appears to have gone way beyond that. It appears as if there are many pushing for an agenda on his behalf

When he beats somebody in the top 20 we'll talk. He will need a miracle to defeat Ponzinibbio in Dec, who is a far better striker.
He's already beaten somebody in the top 20......

pJd99xJ.jpg

Last edited:
He's an entertainment material for sure,

But championship material is still a mystery.

I think the biggest championship material right now is Usman.

I'm sick of the Matt Brown can crushing era and was happy to see him lose to the elite welterweights like Lawler and Maia. Plattypussy is slowly but surely making his way to the deeper waters of this division where he will be summarily drowned.

Imagine a finely tuned, seasoned striker like Paul Daley vs Platinum. He would be murdered.

Back