Do people really think Mike Perry is superstar material?

Not yet but he could be. If he gets a shot at Woodley and play the drama right it will be big.

The short answer is "Yes"

Woah! Racist?

As Sherdog's Official Black Man if Perry is racist I need to know.

Source?

This is false. Mike's been lining brothas up since 2002

jLYVRka.jpg

I used to think Platinum was the future of the 170 division, now I think he may be the death of it due to his 100% KO stiff rate.

No...

He only looks good knocking out cans.

He doesn't have very many skills. The first decent fighter he fought made him look silly.

He's only exciting with a lot of finishes because he's not top 10 and hes fighting other unranked amateurs.

I couldn't have been happier when Jouban beat him, and i will experience that feeling again when Ponzinibbio beats him.

I think he's too Jersey Shore bro to be a full blown star. He'll definitely have his fans. Already does. But the guy isn't exactly likable.

I think he's too Jersey Shore bro to be a full blown star. He'll definitely have his fans. Already does. But the guy isn't exactly likable.

How about I don't invite him to speak to the PTA, but I cheer when he uses "dem hands" and KTFO somebody?

He's only exciting with a lot of finishes because he's not top 10 and hes fighting other unranked amateurs.
Ellenberger was at 13 when Perry flattened him and was hardly an "unranked amateur" even before he was signed by the UFC. Jake has a KO over welterweight great Shields too, a very underrated victory.

The whole Hyun Gyu Lim fight and what surrounded it,
His behavior in the weigh ins, twitter remarks with using "funny Asian" name instead his real one, supporting his camp shouting racist remarks during the fight.

I can go on and on, but why should I? Here is the compilation:

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/overwhelming-evidence-ufc-fighter-mike-perry-absolute-trash/

You can't be serious about the n-word? Context is important. Mike Perry used the term nigg-a, not nigg-e*. There's a difference. If you were familiar with Mike Perry at all, then you would know that Perry comes from an urban background and often speaks in ebonics. 'I can go on and on' Please don't. You failed too hard already, and you barely started.

Ellenberger was at 13 when Perry flattened him and was hardly an "unranked amateur" even before he was signed by the UFC. Jake has a KO over welterweight great Shields too, a very underrated victory.
Lmfao. That's a lot of hoops to jump through to pretend I'm not right.

Truth hurts dork.

he came in on short notice and knocked out a guy bigger than him on the main card of a Conor ppv, he was gonna be hyped no matter what.

Lmfao. That's a lot of hoops to jump through to pretend I'm not right.

Truth hurts dork.
So judging a fighter based on his performances is considered "jumping through hoops" now? lol come on. In 2016 Jake held his own against Tarec Saffiedine over 3 rounds, and was just outstruck by the better kickboxer, that came right after the KO defeat to Wonderboy too so it was a confidence booster, Saffiedine was a former champ. Jake then blew Matt Brown away in the opening round before losing to Jorge Masvidal via freak injury, admittedly after eating about 50 shots. That's the tale of a guy that still had something left to offer IMO and is a very dangerous opponent for most welterweights outside the top 5.

31-13-0 and he's only 32 years old

I made the same assumption when I first saw Perry but he comes off like respects his job and the position he's in, and just wants to earn his way up, lucky for us in devastating fashion. Gotta give people a chance, just like Black Beast turning his life around. Good for him too. Just my trigger free thought on the matter. Peace

Back