Do people really think that Conor could "one punch" KO Khabib???

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just find that odd.

Conor hits hard, we know this. That said, I think Conor is more of a shot placement type of guy, he has good timing and tends to catch guys in the right spot rather than just landing with hellacious power. Conor is a counter striker, he needs you to over extend to land the money shot, look at Aldo, look at Alvarez, look at Poirier.

Can you really see Khabib throwing combinations with Conor? Like really??? I just don't understand this notion that Conor now somehow has Rumble Johnson one punch power - I think a lot of stars need to align for Conor to knock Khabib out. We also have seen zero evidence that Khabib has a bad chin.

I just don't get it.

Can you not jinx this man please.

fM9n1Gt.gif

Yes , many fighters have been KOd with 1 punch, I don't see why Khabib would be imune to that.

Inb4 MJ 'rocking' Khabib gif
Thing is Michael Johnson arguably hits just as hard as Conor, he just doesn't have anywhere near the technique, poise and accuracy. Khabib ate that shot, took him down repeatedly and broke him.

Yes , many fighters have been KOd with 1 punch, I don't see why Khabib would be imune to that.
Totally, but it's an outlandish thing to predict knowing the fighters in question. Khabib is not going to be swinging hooks with Conor.

Surely he can KO him flush with the help of momentum when Khabib rushes in for a takedown. Otherwise, I see it going much like the Alvarez fight. An accumulation of punches will get it done.

TS is just begging for the leprechauns to come in. Give it time.

khabib will not rush in chin up like he used to do and mcgregor will not be as helpless in the grappling as people think.

this fight is pretty much a 50-50 I think

Khabib doesn’t necessarily have to be throwing combination after combination to be caught flush when he’s closing the distance

I really hope the ref does not give Conor a quick call win for a knock down. Conor fast and accurate enough to clip Khabib at least. If Khabib does something risky like Aldo, Connor can KO. I doubt Khabib repeats Aldo error.

I just find that odd.

Conor hits hard, we know this. That said, I think Conor is more of a shot placement type of guy, he has good timing and tends to catch guys in the right spot rather than just landing with hellacious power. Conor is a counter striker, he needs you to over extend to land the money shot, look at Aldo, look at Alvarez, look at Poirier.

Can you really see Khabib throwing combinations with Conor? Like really??? I just don't understand this notion that Conor now somehow has Rumble Johnson one punch power - I think a lot of stars need to align for Conor to knock Khabib out. We also have seen zero evidence that Khabib has a bad chin.

I just don't get it.
Khabib just goes right in there for the take-down, leaving himself exposed somewhat. Conor will not exactly counter strike, but counter Khabib's forward movement with a strike. As you mentioned, Conor's timing and placement is exemplary, and he hits real hard, which means that Khabib will have to be more careful than he's ever been before.

Khabib's goal will be to get the take-down. The strikes he exchanges with Conor will all be part of the equation to get Conor down, not to KO Conor on the feet. How he will do this exactly I'm not sure. I hope one of the MMA analysts does a breakdown of that, like Dan Hardy or Robin Black or whoever.

As for the stars aligning, Conor has a way of moving the stars so that happens, but so does Khabib. And as for Khabib's chin, he has been rocked, but he recovered quickly, so you could say he has a very good chin. But it's never been hit point-blank by a Conor punch.

So looking forward to this fight. Who wouldn't be?

I just find that odd.

I just don't get it.

This is moronic. Of course he can one punch KO him. Connor has serious power, speed and timing.

Can he stay on his feet long enough to land one though? That's an entirely different question.

But Al Iaquinta managed to stay standing for a long time. Granted he is a better wrestler, but he also doesn't have the power or timing to keep Kabib nervous about closing the distance.

If Kabib has to shoot 15 times and Connor is able to stay standing for 10-15 mins, of course he can land a KO shot.

Not saying Connor will win, but he always has a chance at landing a KO.

Yeah but there really is no basis for thinking that's what's going to happen. We've all seen how many times Khabib has left himself open and dropped by punches. What a weak chin he has...

Khabib nickname should be Eastern Bloc because his chin is like a block of Iron.

Even so mystic Mac got that Irish Magic

Well I didn't.....

But now that you made this fucking thread I am having second thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

khabib will not rush in chin up like he used to do and mcgregor will not be as helpless in the grappling as people think.

this fight is pretty much a 50-50 I think

Its strange. Khabib has a reputation as this guy who just marches into the clinch, but he's spent many fights just circling the octagon and looking for his opportunity to shoot or letting the opponents close the distance for him. He was going backwards and circling during pretty much all of the the pat Healy, Kamal shalorus, and Thiago tavarez fights for example.

Khabib doesn't have the same approach for each fight.

Back