Do people really think that Conor could "one punch" KO Khabib???

And people act like if Conor gets taken down one time he is getting submitted.. Al survived the ground for 25 full minutes. And people seriously can spare me this bullshit argument that Al is some really top-notch fighter. He was ranked 11 and he will never hold a belt in the UFC. People overate both sides of this argument.
Actually only 2 rounds were on the ground, the khabib chose to screw around and test himself on 5 rounds. Sure he could have taken al down again and kept him there. What everyone can see is that chad took him down 3 x in first round... With khabib, when people get taken down they stay down and get pummeled. Chad is no submission machine. I dont recall anyone conor has fought that is a sub artist really. Khabib isnt a sub machine. But conor isn't a cardio machine either. Khabib smothers people on the ground w pressure. Which cost alot of energy for the bottom fighter to be in that position carrying khabibs wright while eating punches. I dont expect conor to be taken down 1x and get subbed, as hes not fighting that type of fighter. I, like many others, expect conor to be taken down and have no way to get back up until the round ends. I expect about 2 rounds of this be4 conor is really gassed. Conor gets a few shots at the ko early, if he doesnt get it then, he will have no way to win barring injury to khabibs fist from pounding on a gorrilla. For the record, al is a decent fighter and more well rounded than conor. Conor is definitely a better striker. Ive seen conor after 3 rounds and al after 3 rounds.. Conor has no gas, al was gassed but not running away to create distance and stall.

according to my precise calculation....
200w.gif

... its totally, perhaps ....
im think i'm still in shock about how he caught aldo, tbo

I mean it's very unlikely but when you ask questions like "could" the answer is always yes because anything could happen in this game.

If Conor lands flush in the first couple rounds, which I don't think he will because he'll be on his back sweating like a whore in church, he may drop Khabib but I don't think he'd rush in to try and finish because he'd risk getting grapple fucked. He'd probably invite Khabib to stand again like Diaz 2.

Actually only 2 rounds were on the ground, the khabib chose to screw around and test himself on 5 rounds. Sure he could have taken al down again and kept him there. What everyone can see is that chad took him down 3 x in first round... With khabib, when people get taken down they stay down and get pummeled. Chad is no submission machine. I dont recall anyone conor has fought that is a sub artist really. Khabib isnt a sub machine. But conor isn't a cardio machine either. Khabib smothers people on the ground w pressure. Which cost alot of energy for the bottom fighter to be in that position carrying khabibs wright while eating punches. I dont expect conor to be taken down 1x and get subbed, as hes not fighting that type of fighter. I, like many others, expect conor to be taken down and have no way to get back up until the round ends. I expect about 2 rounds of this be4 conor is really gassed. Conor gets a few shots at the ko early, if he doesnt get it then, he will have no way to win barring injury to khabibs fist from pounding on a gorrilla. For the record, al is a decent fighter and more well rounded than conor. Conor is definitely a better striker. Ive seen conor after 3 rounds and al after 3 rounds.. Conor has no gas, al was gassed but not running away to create distance and stall.

People talk about a fight that Conor won inside of two rounds and somehow use that as a criticism as if he has a major weakness. To say grappling is his weakness and using proof of a fight he finished inside of two rounds to me it’s kind of a weak argument. Yes all fighters have Strength but he showed that night it’s not really a weakness either. He dealt with the damage got up and knocked his man out. And it did not take him 25 minutes to do this. It took him less than 10 minutes. The major issue his opponent has this upcoming fight is his striking. And Conor McGregor has shown himself to be one of the greatest strikers that has ever lived in the sport. I would argue in terms of the lower weight classes he is the greatest striker of all time in the sport. By the way when you say that Al is more well-rounded What exactly has he ever accomplished to lead you to believe this? Because this is the fighter that has zero dominant weapons of any kind. He is not a great wrestler, and he is not a great striker. That is why he’s ranked 9 and 11 back then.. having decent wrestling and decent striking does not make you a top contender. He isn’t very good. Like at all.

Last edited:
khabib will not rush in chin up like he used to do and mcgregor will not be as helpless in the grappling as people think.

this fight is pretty much a 50-50 I think

Interesting point of view. That would make a way more compelling fight

Anything can happen in this sport. One punch KO à la Aldo is unlikely, but dropping him multiple times can happen if Khabib rushes forward chin high like he usually does.

I just find that odd.

Conor hits hard, we know this. That said, I think Conor is more of a shot placement type of guy, he has good timing and tends to catch guys in the right spot rather than just landing with hellacious power. Conor is a counter striker, he needs you to over extend to land the money shot, look at Aldo, look at Alvarez, look at Poirier.

Can you really see Khabib throwing combinations with Conor? Like really??? I just don't understand this notion that Conor now somehow has Rumble Johnson one punch power - I think a lot of stars need to align for Conor to knock Khabib out. We also have seen zero evidence that Khabib has a bad chin.

I just don't get it.

The fact that you don't get it just shows you haven't been watching MMA for long.

I have a hard time believing Khabib is simply going to charge straight into Conor's fists with reckless abandon. This is not WMMA where fight IQ and gameplans do not exist. Kahbib will keep his chin down and circle away from Conor's power hand while looking for opportunities to clinch with Conor and press him up against the cage.

It is also possible he will surprise Conor and shock the world with something like this:

tumblr_o536m3BM6w1ry1rm7o3_r2_500.gif

The worlds most spastic looking ko ever.

Except MJ didnt even hit him clean on the chin.....

And lol at arguably hits as hard, how many of his wins are by TKO/KO compared to Conor, who has done it against better competition?
Michael Johnson hits super hard, he's just not as accurate or as slick as Conor. Stop reading fight outcomes on Wiki and watch the man fight.

And people act like if Conor gets taken down one time he is getting submitted.. Al survived the ground for 25 full minutes. And people seriously can spare me this bullshit argument that Al is some really top-notch fighter. He was ranked 11 and he will never hold a belt in the UFC. People overate both sides of this argument.
Al actually knows BJJ, Al actually has some cardio.

It could just be a TKO... You really think Conor can't stun or rock Khabib at all?

After seeing Conor against Aldo, anything is possible.

Khabib took some nice shots from Raging Al, but Al played it cautious and didn't follow through with more.
Definitely Conor has more power than Al, so its possible.
As can be seen from video he puts 80% of his body into the shot.

Al actually knows BJJ, Al actually has some cardio.

Conor does not know BJJ LOL?? He's been training with a world class grappler for over 1 year. He escaped a sub attempt from Mendes and then knocked him out.. He also outgrappled Max.. You are not even trying..

Conor does not know BJJ LOL?? He's been training with a world class grappler for over 1 year. He escaped a sub attempt from Mendes and then knocked him out.. He also outgrappled Max.. You are not even trying..
Does he know how to grapple compared to some fighters? Sure.

I feel no way about criticising his BJJ though. Oh wow, he escaped a mounted Guillotine attempt by a tired fighter who was so desperate to finish the fight that he went of an ill-advised, rushed attempt whilst being in half-guard. He has been training with a world class grappler for over a year, okay great. I guess if you train with world class fighters then you have to be world class then right? I guess Mike Perry is now a world class fighter, well rounded and has a bunch of fight IQ since going to Jackson/Wink... oh no, he's still the same fighter, a brawler with a great chin.

He outgrappled Max, accurate statement. But what exactly did he do? He took him down, got into half guard and sat there. What would he have done if Max was on top of him? How old was Max when he fought him? How would he do against Max on the ground if they fought now?

If you want to claim that Conor can grapple then I just need you to show me more than 2 second clips.

Look at SBG on the whole, outside of Nelson they are all pretty shocking on ground and you know what, I would forgive that but their HEAD COACH is supposedly some BJJ master of Europe. Snake oil salesman more like.

People talk about a fight that Conor won inside of two rounds and somehow use that as a criticism as if he has a major weakness. To say grappling is his weakness and using proof of a fight he finished inside of two rounds to me it’s kind of a weak argument. Yes all fighters have Strength but he showed that night it’s not really a weakness either. He dealt with the damage got up and knocked his man out. And it did not take him 25 minutes to do this. It took him less than 10 minutes. The major issue his opponent has this upcoming fight is his striking. And Conor McGregor has shown himself to be one of the greatest strikers that has ever lived in the sport. I would argue in terms of the lower weight classes he is the greatest striker of all time in the sport. By the way when you say that Al is more well-rounded What exactly has he ever accomplished to lead you to believe this? Because this is the fighter that has zero dominant weapons of any kind. He is not a great wrestler, and he is not a great striker. That is why he’s ranked 9 and 11 back then.. having decent wrestling and decent striking does not make you a top contender. He isn’t very good. Like at all.
I agree. Conor has done well against the grappler he has faced being chad. The pro lem is chad took him down 3 x in round 1, and again took him down in round 2. He kept him down for most of the round until he went for the stupid guillotine and totally gave up position. Chad gassed plain and simple. He was on fumes when conor tkoed him. I cant see chad on a full camp being the same fight. In the end it doesnt matter tho, because chad is no where close to able to lay the damage on conor from the top as khabib is. Khabib wont hive up position for a weak guillotine attempt. Khabib is bigger and stronger than chad. I give conor props for surviving against chad... But again it was on 10 days. Also survived against nate the 2nd time barely... But nate has shit for takedowns. We have only seen conor against thesd 2 that were really good on the ground. Chad did well until he gassed, and nate won 1 of 2 by sub. In 2nd fight conor was literally running to buy time because he was gassed. If nate had the takedowns that khabib possesses it would have been another loss for conor. Saying grappling is conors weakness is a fact. Even conor wouldnt dispute it. I never said conor was the worst grappler ever, but against a guy w khabibs credentials he is a fish out of water. He is as u say one of the best srtikers around no doubt, but u cant say that a guy who has won 26 fights, and never been even phased is such a bad striker. Khabibs striking is odd, but it serves its purpose which is to close distance and get ahold of u. His def striking game is pretty damned good.. He even has decent offensive striking. Al is more well rounded than conor because he has more tools anf better wrestling and tdd. He is definitely not as good of a striker.

Back