Do rings help the impact of a punch?

babyjay

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I dont have rings, but might consider it if it helps KO power. Im sure rings can cut you, but can it actually help increase the impact of a punch?

are you talking about wearing a bunch of rings ala mr. t?

in that case (like you said) it would help you cut people, and maybe give a little more impact (tiny amount) it the one little spot where it hits, but it can break your finger really easily. if you hit someone with a ring, the ring is placed on your finger which gives; you're knuckles don't. i wouldn't bother unless you wanna look g'd out or cosa nostra.

It doesn't help KO power.

But depending both on how you punch and how you hold your fist, they can add solidity to impact.

i think they can add to the ko power. definatelly nice to wear if going clubbing. think about the point of impact. depending on the knuckles you land with should dictate ring placement.

I wouldn't say it technically adds to KO power though. It doesn't enhance the strength and or power of the person punching. It just adds some solidity. But such solidity might be wasted on a guy who hits like a bitch. Like getting hit with a bat, real soft.

You brass knuckles add more KO power.

Regular rings?

I would think you're better off gripping a roll of quaters to make your had hard than punching with a ring on.

KingSnake said:
I would think you're better off gripping a roll of quaters to make your had hard than punching with a ring on.

Agreed, just from a physicists point of view. Personally, I've never hit anyone with rings or with a roll of coins but the roll of coins would make your entire fist more solid while the rings would just make one point harder. That isn't saying the rings wouldn't help at all. It'd be kinda nice to punch someone in the forehead with one of those 4 finger rings from the 80's that says "I'm a bitch" backwards.

Its not going to help unless you wear a lot of big rings! And then you'll probably get KTFO for looking like twat.
Rings are only good for cutting someone. This is a fight stopper for a lot of people, especially if the cuts around the eyes. Its something I'd be conscious off if I had to fight someone who wore a ring/s.

babyjay said:
I dont have rings, but might consider it if it helps KO power. Im sure rings can cut you, but can it actually help increase the impact of a punch?

No offense but your money would be better spent on training to learn to fight better or hit with more technique and hence harder.

rings can tear apart someones head, they wont wont help ko power because this comes from the head being shook but they could help brake a jaw or any bone because they reduce the area u hit them with which increases the pressure, my friend once had a fight with some people with rings and he was covered in cuts, where they had hit him on the head all his hair fell out, rings are definatly a good way to fuck someone up

depends on the ring,
you have to search A LOT for a good ring. you can probably right a freaking book on it
and spend the next 2 years perfecting this art.

when you say KO power, think about it,
in the street, KO doesnot mean lights out, it means the guy is unable to
continue.

you gash him bad and he turns into a blood fountain and freaks out, screams for
an ambulance goes into shock this is KO.

as long as u dont wear it on the ring or pinky becouse they lack meat to hold the finger still a way u can test that is if u make ur hand into a fist and push ur fingersthe more solid ons u can have a ring the movable ones u do more harm then good

search for combat rings and your research will begin.

Most rings are harder than knuckles, so a large enough ring can definitely increase the chances of a KO or a broken jaw.

pressure= Force / Area

the ring, especially if its big, will have a much smaller area than your knuckles, you generally land with several in a punch. Force is unaffected. but since there is less area where the same force is applied, it will hurt alot more. Additionally, it will hurt your finger more, so it would be most productive to have the outside of the ring sharper than the part thats touching your flesh. It doesn't have to be pointy, it could just be rounded. But if its like a standard wedding band it'll add almost as much damage to your finger as it would be to the point of impact (almost as much, because a wedding band is still somehwat rounded).

yeah they are not.
but they are selling them to bikers who do not give a hoot.

also checkout their shoe blades they sell.

If I were LEO I'd be studying up just as much on what the bad guys arm
themselves up with and their current trend instead of just reading GALLS all the time.

Back