Do service dogs piss anybody else off, or is it just me?

Fake service dogs, fine, but TS is shitting on people who legit have mental problems and find the presence of service animals calming/stabilizing. If they pay for a spot on the plane, frankly, they can bring a service rhino, for all I care. People with real issues have the right to their therapy. In the same way you wouldn't take away a person's walker in a store just because it annoys you for some reason, you should not take away their service animal. The whole notion that someone with diagnosed anxiety is just "too big of a pussy" is idiotic beyond belief

I have experienced anxiety before and it sucks, but it's not impossible to tough it out. What the fuck is a dog going to do for them anyway? Do they need to carry a blankey too? I'm not even mad about it if they have a severe mental issue and it helps, but I can guarantee you most of these cases are just exploiting a loop hole so they can bring their dogs with them.

Big differences between a legit service dog and idiots who have non trained "emotional support" animals.

Zero issues with service dogs, big issue with people who have an ill behaved little shit dog with them that causes problems.

Does your PD have policies for when you have to arrest someone that requires a service dog? I'm talking about a legit service dog of course.

I don't mind. I'm actually kinda glad that stores are becoming more accepting of animals. As long as your dog is well behaved, on a leash and isn't pissing or shitting all over the place, I think it's fine.

Was getting off a plane last week and some guy was standing, waiting to board his plane at the gate next to where mine was unloading. He had a service dog that was pretty big, a yellow lab mixed with something probably, and they are next to a pillar. He just let it piss there and did nothing. He saw his dog do it, and didnt even react, just kept listening to his music. Dude was such a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, he had a red scarf around his neck, and this is in fucking MIAMI

Seeing the mention of a dog pissing in the airport. It still shocks me to see the firehydrants and fake grass areas in Atlanta and other airports when I travel. It looks tacky as hell, and they make the whole area reek.

Well there's a distinction between service dogs, and emotional support dogs which is just silly made up bullshit.

Well there's a distinction between service dogs, and emotional support dogs which is just silly made up bullshit.

Ain't made up bruh. I can't muster the strength to even log onto Sherdog without at least 3 dogs and 4 cats.

I don't mind. I'm actually kinda glad that stores are becoming more accepting of animals. As long as your dog is well behaved, on a leash and isn't pissing or shitting all over the place, I think it's fine.
Until the problem arises that nobody is in charge of making sure the animal is well behaved, and pets don't really belong in public spaces. For the truly disabled an exception is reasonable, but all these entitled douches bringing their pets everywhere because forcing them not to is too much work.... meh.

It's like when you go to a store and see some grown adult throwing a tantrum to save $5 off of something. They do it because it's easier than dealing with them, but we shouldn't let entitled cunts have their way all the time because nobody wants to deal with them. It emboldens other cunty people that they can get their way if they push enough.

Ain't made up bruh. I can't muster the strength to even log onto Sherdog without at least 3 dogs and 4 cats.
Lolz at least those are in your house though. Current circumstances require me to be constantly surrounded by cats and dogs too. I should get them all gay little vests and take them to Wendy's with me.

Lolz at least those are in your house though. Current circumstances require me to be constantly surrounded by cats and dogs too. I should get them all gay little vests and take them to Wendy's with me.

Wendy's? Sheeyit, that's at least a 10-cat job.

So what would you do in that situation?
Have our animal services officer take the dog to doggy jail or release the dog to family.

Offender goes to jail and can argue with OCSD staff about their dog.

I have experienced anxiety before and it sucks, but it's not impossible to tough it out. What the fuck is a dog going to do for them anyway? Do they need to carry a blankey too? I'm not even mad about it if they have a severe mental issue and it helps, but I can guarantee you most of these cases are just exploiting a loop hole so they can bring their dogs with them.

Many, but not all. Unless you have experienced every mental illness and trauma at every intensity, you can't use your experience as a proxy to that of other people. What you think they are going through and what they actually are going through are likely very different things. Your argument boils down to to the idea that any level of anxiety can be toughed out, which is nonsense. Also, how certain therapies work doesn't always matter as long as they work.

The bottom line is that you don't know who does and who doesn't legitimately need a service animal and it's up to the authorities that license them to do so in a conscientious and diligent manner. The burden of restricting abuse is on them, they need to make the rules in such a way so as to minimize abuse. Hell, I'd love to have my German Shepherd on the plane with me while I travel - not even as an act of frivolity, it's actually because I'd prefer not to put my dog through seven circles of hell that is airline pet transport, which can result in anything from trauma, to injury and death - but it's up to the person granting me the license to make sure I'm not faking it.

This is a prime example of a system that worked fine before all these douchebags decided to pretend they needed it too.

For the longest time, only blind people and disabled people used service dogs.

Now fucking everyone thinks they deserve to take their dog everywhere. It's very difficult to prove someone doesn't have anxiety. So they all just say that shit.

I bet more people have dog allergies than legit severe anxiety, so the greater benefit to society is to ban dogs from planes.

The issue is about 98% of those emotional support animals are not trained and the owner just bought the certificate on the internet so they can bring their pet with them everywhere. I have nothing against people that have real problems and real trained service animals.

The burden of enforcement is on the agencies that licence these animals as service animals. People will find loopholes and abuse the rules until the end of time - until the said loopholes are closed. Be mad at the system, not at the people gaming the system.

700.gif

People in electric scooters with attitude have been pissing me off lately. Driving on the road, driving fast on sidewalks and forcing pedestrians to jump out of the way. And always mean-mugging everyone.

By no coincidence they're all morbidly obese and look like they are making their way back to a trailer park.

Disabled by fat.

rascalsduo.jpg

The burden of enforcement is on the agencies that licence these animals as service animals. People will find loopholes and abuse the rules until the end of time - until the said loopholes are closed. Be mad at the system, not at the people gaming the system.

700.gif

Anyone can choose to register their pet as a service animal with no real need. The people that choose to do it just suck.

Of coarse I'm not referring to blind people, because that's a legit reason to have a service dog, but I'm talking about these assholes that take their dogs into the grocery store or an air plane with them, because they have anxiety.

I love dogs, but I find it very selfish when people hall their mutt around with them everywhere they go. Some people are allergic and other people just don't like dogs. Being too big of a pussy to leave the house should not warrant a person to have their dogs in public places.

I honestly don't think a whole lot about it, but I drive uber so at some point I'm bound to get a passenger w/ the service dog or emotional support tribble or something.

That being said, I've noticed an uptick in people bringing their small dogs under their arms while grocery shopping? That always sort of skeeves me out a little bit for some reason

700.gif
If these ass hats wouldn’t game the system, we wouldn’t be having this problem.
So yes, we can blame the people abusing the system.
Fucking clown shoes.

Back