do u agree with KRSONE about black/white history?

What rapes actually occured? If you can't support then KRS-One's position should seem reasonable.
He supports a black man that vacations in africa just to fuck little african boys.

Fuck anything KRS has to say.

"Hip Hop is the CNN of the black community."
At least, it used to be. But like he says, the mainstream programming doesn't see that as part of its charter anymore.

He supports a black man that vacations in africa just to fuck little african boys.

Fuck anything KRS has to say.
So there's proof that Bambaata fucked little boys? If no, KRS-One position is reasonable.

Serially, there have to be two things going for the nation to get over the hump.

White acceptance that our forebears fucked shit up and fought to keep it fucked up. Gradually that became white guilt, which isn't entirely misplaced; there are clearly problems blacks face that whites don't. But such is the nature of majority. .

Pretty sure whites of accepted the messed up things of years gone by. But at the same time, not all Americans even derive from those “forebears”. For instance my lineage came from my great grandfather that jumped ship out of Germany in the 1930s because he saw the Nazi crap coming from a mile away. My best friend’s parents came here from Hungary in the 1960s. And there are countless examples just like this. But of course black people refuse to acknowledge the difference.

So I and many Americans can be proud to say that there is no “white guilt” in our plate.

2. Black people losing the victim mentality. Becoming more aware of in-community problems that are definitely not due to white people.

It's a shit sandwich and everybody has to take a bite and stop bitching.

Victim mentality is something they have weaponized. I don’t see them letting go of it any time soon.

cliffs:

civil rights were made mostly by white people
freedom on religion was mostly made by white people
mostly white people voted for obama
real freedom doesnt have a colour on it

my take: he wants to say that the demonizing on white people is not justified, because u have to see that from the other side as well.

No, he's an idiot who's objectively right, but not smart enough to know why being objectively right, is still irrelevent
Civil Rights were 'made mostly by white people'? which civil rights? the civil rights act? well yes, i suppose so if by 'made' you mean passed into law. Thats what happens when 90+ % of you legislative body is white. But the impetus to create such an act was done by the graciousness of white america. it was hard fought over with streets of blood by minorities.

Freedom of religion? are you shitting me? Free exercise of religion (other than judeo-christian) has long been a sticking point in this country and has required constant activism to stay relevant. The fact that organizations like CAIR exist and constantly win discrimination suits is testament to that.

White people voted for Obama? yeah. they did. its almost like white people make up 75% of this country and whoever earns the white vote will win an election. what a profound reflection on basic mathematical fact.

He's trying to sound woke, but he's really just talking like a tool who doesnt understand population ratio, balance of power, and political opportunism.

So there's proof that Bambaata fucked little boys? If no, KRS-One position is reasonable.

I dunno wtf happened in these allegations being brought up, but doesn't this exact same forum and American men in general have a big problem with attacking people's careers based on hearsay allegations of sexual impropriety?

So, was there evidence, proof, or charges filed in these cases?

Wtf actually happened?

Pretty sure whites of accepted the messed up things of years gone by. But at the same time, not all Americans even derive from those “forebears”. For instance my lineage came from my great grandfather that jumped ship out of Germany in the 1930s because he saw the Nazi crap coming from a mile away. My best friend’s parents came here from Hungary in the 1960s. And there are countless examples just like this. But of course black people refuse to acknowledge the difference.

So I and many Americans can be proud to say that there is no “white guilt” in our plate.

Victim mentality is something they have weaponized. I don’t see them letting go of it any time soon.
I guess I'm more hopeful that people learn to accept the past and parse responsibility.
I have hope that we'll move beyond it all... it hasn't been very long since the slaves were freed and told to stay the fuck away from white communities.

That was KRS' response as well...

Long standing "rumors" and accusations like that do not exist for no reason, word to cosby, weinstein, spacey, and R.Kelly.

12 minutes in and I agree with him completely.

The abolitionist movement and a great deal of our social progress in the United States has been driven by people uniting together and a great deal of those people have been and are white.

But his points about maturity are really striking home and I don't think it's limited to hip hop.

When my wife and I were pregnant with our first child one male friend (already a father at that point) tell me this will be the best thing that ever happens to me and it will make me a better man. I say "how so?" He says it is because at every moment you will think of someone else before your self.

The men vs boys dichotomy he describes revolves around this axis of responsibility vs selfishness but it goes far beyond hip hop.

Media in general and social media in specific seem like they're driving people of all ages closer to narcissism and emotional immaturity.

So we do our best to make sure that our children grow strong.

To quote Frederick Douglas "it is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."

I guess I'm more hopeful that people learn to accept the past and parse responsibility.
I have hope that we'll move beyond it all... it hasn't been very long since the slaves were freed and told to stay the fuck away from white communities.

Aren't all those slave owning - segregation goof dead already? Or at least barely hanging on in nursing homes? Because I really think that this point that unless we invent a time machine and confront the people that were REALLY responsible its really a moot point.

Side note: I went on a lengthy argument in a youtube comment section with a black chick who said it's, "Karma that the white are being killed off today in Africa and low birthrates in the west are killing off white etc etc.."

Really? Karma? Even the white folks that had nothing to do with it, AND have no lineage connecting us to it? Of course she ducked and dodged instead of answering this.

That was KRS' response as well...

Long standing "rumors" and accusations like that do not exist for no reason, word to cosby, weinstein, spacey, and R.Kelly.
So the reasoning for Bambaata being guilty is that others were found guilty? You have to do better than that.

I dunno wtf happened in these allegations being brought up, but doesn't this exact same forum and American men in general have a big problem with attacking people's careers based on hearsay allegations of sexual impropriety?

So, was there evidence, proof, or charges filed in these cases?

Wtf actually happened?
Here's the thing- nobody aside from Bambaata and his accusers know the truth, however, there seems to be a large segment of people accusing Bambaata on little more than accusations, and people willing to villify those for refusing to condemn Bambaata (e.g. KRS-One) on little more than accusations.

Aren't all those slave owning - segregation goof dead already? Or at least barely hanging on in nursing homes? Because I really think that this point that unless we invent a time machine and confront the people that were REALLY responsible its really a moot point.

Side note: I went on a lengthy argument in a youtube comment section with a black chick who said it's, "Karma that the white are being killed off today in Africa and low birthrates in the west are killing off white etc etc.."

Really? Karma? Even the white folks that had nothing to do with it, AND have no lineage connecting us to it? Of course she ducked and dodged instead of answering this.
What's being referred to is the lasting outcomes. Slaves were freed but with very limited civil rights and social acceptance. You can end the cause while the damage lasts. If one looks at black communities that are struggling with crime, it doesn't happen in a vacuum.
That's why I said there has to be acceptance on both sides of what occurred and what the results have been. Black and white folks have been struggling with it for a long time, but not quite honestly and not for long enough, it seems.

So the reasoning for Bambaata being guilty is that others were found guilty? You have to do better than that.
No.

Im saying where there is smoke there is fire.

Bambatta had that label tied to him since I was kid in germany listening to grown folks conversations.

You know my rationale has some logic to it, you just refuse to acknowledge it off principle. I understand why. I can dig it.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

I can continue to point to perfect examples as to why we should all be side eyeing both of KRS and AB, but because it's not hard evidence it will be ignored.

Rumors dont persist for 30 some odd years for no reason.

No.

Bambatta had that label tied to him since I was kid in germany listening to grown folks conversations.

You know my rationale has some logic to it, you just refuse to acknowledge it off principle. I understand why. I can dig it.

I can continue to point to perfect examples as to why we should all be side eyeing both of KRS and AB, but because it's not hard evidence it will be ignored.

Theres's always a reason that rumors persist for such a length of time. However, the reasoning that such a length of time is due to truth is not a convincing argument. After all, there are rumors that have lasted for centuries that have proven to be false.

I don't know a single thing about him, besides him being a rapper, but he is speaking the truth. Good for him for being a mature man who looks at the big picture. There would have been no freedom for blacks if not for white people dying to give it. Not to say we were alone in this either. It took blacks fighting and dying too, and other races. This is known.

We all can take a cue from him, regardless of color. Stop demonizing our fellow man, regardless of color. This seems simple to me, and I hope it catches on, though it doesn't seem likely. We love to fight about race too much.

Serially, there have to be two things going for the nation to get over the hump.
1. White acceptance that our forebears fucked shit up and fought to keep it fucked up. Gradually that became white guilt, which isn't entirely misplaced; there are clearly problems blacks face that whites don't. But such is the nature of majority.

2. Black people losing the victim mentality. Becoming more aware of in-community problems that are definitely not due to white people.

It's a shit sandwich and everybody has to take a bite and stop bitching.

Both solutions you posted Im torn on. As a whitey I feel zero guilt for what some white people did in the past and Id also vote against reperations. Whites dont have a monopoly on being tyrranical and blacks dont have a monopoly on being enslaved. Its time to clean slate and stop citing race as a problem altogether. Fuck I wish I was better at conveying my thoughts. There isnt any easy solution because people tend to be bitter and vengeful with long memories.

I don't know a single thing about him, besides him being a rapper, but he is speaking the truth. Good for him for being a mature man who looks at the big picture. There would have been no freedom for blacks if not for white people dying to give it. Not to say we were alone in this either. It took blacks fighting and dying too, and other races. This is known.

We all can take a cue from him, regardless of color. Stop demonizing our fellow man, regardless of color. This seems simple to me, and I hope it catches on, though it doesn't seem likely. We love to fight about race too much.
He has a lot of profound on a lot of issues that people will often times resist because it goes against the grain.

No.

Since you brought it up, please do.

"Rumors don't persist for 30 some odd years for no reason"

It's 2018. There are still people in the United States who believe the Apollo moon landing was faked.

Rumors are just rumors, they may or may not have any relationship with the truth.

But rumors of something terrible happening do warrant investigation.

Back