do u give money to the homeless?

I'm a complete sucker for beggars. Although I don't see them in Canada very often. The winter probably kills them all off I guess. But in Thailand I probably spend more baht on beggars than I do on hookers. They're mostly little kids and I can't say no to a little 5 year old girl begging for money. But also you walk the streets and there are deformed mutants laying around begging for money. Dudes with extra arms or tentacles or some shit. How could you not give them anything?

Someone told me it's all just one giant scam and all these Thai beggars are controlled by the local mafia or some shit but I can't help myself

I never give them money. However, i always offer to buy them a meal and water.

I dont feel comfortable giving money because I am pretty sure most will spend it on booze/drugs. On the flipside, i understand that those kinds of issues don't automatically make them less human or less deserving of compassion. So a meal and water is a good alternative.

If they turn down the offer of food and water and inist on money, then it pretty much confirms to me they only want money to buy booze/drugs.

Usually when I have spare change. The homeless people aren't that visible here.

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't

If its a crack head I try to ignore them, but many times they get aggressive and violent and demand the money

I did have crackheads reject my coins, thats the worst when they aint satisfied, they saw me putting some 20s and a 5 in my pocket after leaving starbucks and I gave him my spare change his sign even said spare change I gave him like 4 quarters and a couple pennies and nickels, and he threw the coins at me and told me don't even dare disrespect him again.

I moved quickly to my car and left a lot of those homeless are diseased and when they start flapping their gums saliva flies, the grosses was a homeless woman who had no teeth and she was talking close to me and her saliva flew all over my food when I ate outside on the patio area in DTLA, I told her she could have my food because she started asking for change and said she needed it for food, and she told me to fuck off she wants to buy her own food, I just threw that shit in the trash other people would have threw that food on her the moment they saw her saliva splattered on it.

more like she wanted to buy some crack or some weed and not food, they always bug me out when the claim they need the money for food yet when you give them food they reject it or threw it in the garbage.

Whatever happened to the homeless who said will work for food, last time I seen a homeless with a sign like that it was in the early 90s and I was still in elementary school.

All the time. Homeless guy needs a few bucks, so he asks for a few bucks. I have a few bucks, so I give a few bucks. And I don't bother myself with what he does with it.

Not directly, I used to but the "new breed" of pan handlers are awful. I have seen them run many scams on people. Around this area it's the same people and they have become prop acts. They'll have a pet one day, some crutches, a cane or walker another day. There was a Polish days festival around here in May last year. I saw the usual "homeless" crowd come over, panhandle and then 3 of them bought $60 worth of pirogi and sausage. Then the next day they were back out there appearing as poor as ever.

They're aggressive too, to the point where they will follow you through the parking lot to your car. At this point I don't even acknowledge them past "sorry I don't have any cash".

i do, but only from the fucking high amount of taxes i pay, they can get welfare and medical care. i pity those who give money to them, who are most likely lazy fucks who know they can get money from begging and refuse to work and are probably already under government support and high off drugs.

Riveting tale from an ignorant, crass, self centered conservative jackoff.

I don't see giving homeless people cash as counter-productive enabling. Yeah, it's not the best way to help them. But it's incredibly difficult to really help even a struggling loved one get their shit together, let alone some random stranger in a sea of random strangers. So I do what's feasible, and I consider better than nothing: I give them money -- the same thing I'd want if I were in their situation, not to be micromanaged by the person giving it.

I used to buy hobos food when I was traveling and killing time. Half don't even want it when they find out I'm just buying them food and not giving cash.

I give money when they're playing music or something like working for it but if not I'll get them a sammich.

Ones who are just begging I've offered an sammich to and they were like "oh I'd rather have something else I'll just take what you've got"

Well you don't get no sammich son

Ah sherdog. Where we dont tip waiters but give money to bums

In austin the homeless problem is out of control. Theyre fuckin everywhere. I get asked for money 20 plus times a day. No exaggeration.

You get numb to it after a while. Ill give them a cigarette or lose change. Have given them opportunities to work for a few bucks occasionally aswell

Although I don't see them in Canada very often.

Really?

They're everywhere in Montreal.

If you're downtown, a hundred people are asking you for money.

I don't carry cash or change. I credit card all my purchases, so I have nothing to give.

Nah I give em cigarettes and nugs of weed

So Canada has alot of homeless too? I didnt know that

I have no idea. I imagine by the standards of somewhere warm, we don't have that many, but in the city center, there are a lot.

Back