do u give money to the homeless?

the reason i posted this thread was because i paid shitload of taxes last year and im not getting much back. where the fuck's all that money going? then i thought, ANYBODY can get free medical care and food stamps off what i'm paying for taxes. that's enough and so i don't give to the homeless. a good percentage of these homeless people are actually meth/heroine addicts. i could tell just by looking at them.

Fuck, no. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Then, they'll be back the next day begging for more.

No but I've bought food for them before. I haven't seen a homeless person in a few years though.

I bought one a 6 inch meatball sub one time from subway lol.

I felt really good about that :)

I just gave a homeless woman who had a sign saying she was pregnant some money. Who knows if what she said was real. I only gave her like 60 cents.

I just gave a homeless woman who had a sign saying she was pregnant some money. Who knows if what she said was real. I only gave her like 60 cents.

Damn dude your the real hero .You changed her life

I help them more by jumping over them on a skateboard. The money would just go to waste but the shared achievement lasts forever.

Sounds great but you could be radicalizing them into god knows what

No they spend it on meth, just buy them a reebok hoodie and some dick pills

I rarely visit the city but when I do and a homeless person asks me for money I usually ask them to rap for it, if they can bust out some sweet rhymes I’ll kick them a few bucks...once had a homeless dude with like 3 teeth rapped for like 5 min about eating pussy it was hilarious I gave him a 5 spot I was laughing so hard

You should only give travelers money. The homebums already know where all the free food and shit is. They just want meth.

No point in telling them I'm out of change, as that implies I'd give some if I had any. I just tell them no, and maybe buy them a bottle of water, instead.

Only if they work for it...Like play an instrument, or tell jokes. DANCE MONKEY!

Never give money, but I buy food for the probably on average 2 times a week.

If someone asks me for money I just walk on by if anyone asks me to help them get something to eat and there is anything like a subway or McD's nearby and I am not in a hurry I will ALWAYS take them in and let them order what they want, pay and leave.

Years ago during that crazy DotCom era when I was part of a fast growing startup and we were having a binge drinking weekend and just walking out of the liquor store with stupid amounts of booze and some guy asked if I could help him with some money so he could get groceries for his kids and wife. I gave the booze to my friends and told him to come with me and we went in to the grocery store in the same building as the liquor store. I told him to grab a cart and get whatever he wanted. We went up and down every aisle and he was picking out juice boxes, sandwich meats, cereals, and all sorts of young family type stuff. He kept looking at me like 'is this still ok" and I just kept saying 'whatever you need'. We ended up with about $75 worth of groceries which would be about $300 today. He was so grateful and I felt good and guilt free as I binge drank all weekend with the boys.

The only "homeless" I really ever see in my city are people standing on the exit ramps with signs. Never give a dime.

Back