Do u guys remember GSP vs. Jon Fitch?

That was an amazing fight. Fitch is a tough mofo, I don't care what popular opinion of him may be.
he was a hero here for about a week after that fight. then it went back to normal hate mode.

Fitch is a beast.. people talk alot of shit but the dude I think could be successful in today's ufc welterweight division. It's so fucking weak

Yeah, seriously, I cant believe Fitch, already damaged a lot during the first, survived that counter right hook at the beginning of the 3rd. Seriously, GSP came so close to finishing Hardy and Fitch, and if it happened this way, almost everyone would call him the GOAT now without question.

Fitch has one career defining UFC victory against Thiago Alves in his entire career and that's it. Guy was pure UFC hype and pit against the Diego Sanchez', Roan Carneiro's, Luigi Fioravanti's, and Brock Larson's of the world.

Shields and Hughes were far better gurapplers with much super sturiking performances and actually dangerous with submission or GNP in Hughes case . Fitch was no threat on the guround to finish u with GNP or submissions

Fitch was a better ground fighter than almost everyone Maia fought during his WW run.

Remember when Maia subbed a bunch of WWs but couldn't sub Fitch when they fought?

Fitch also beat Shields. Something Mr BJJ Maia could not do.

My wife and I were cage side.
9-hardcore-boston-red-sox-fans.jpg
Who took the picture

Fitch was a better ground fighter than almost everyone Maia fought during his WW run.

Remember when Maia subbed a bunch of WWs but couldn't sub Fitch when they fought?

Fitch also beat Shields. Something Mr BJJ Maia could not do.
Do you want to know the funny thing about that all those fights sucked.

If GSP had good power, he would have murdered every WW he fought, except maybe Hendricks.

If knees to grounded opponent's heads was allowed he would have finished most guys in the first.

Do you want to know the funny thing about that all those fights sucked.
Of course. Maia is boring. Great BJJ but if he can't get the sub, his fights are fucking awful.

Its ironic how a fight between 2 "boring" fighters was fight of the night.

Gsp doesnt just beat fighters. He mentally destroys them. They are never the same. Alves, trigg to name a few were left in tears at how useless they were deemed.

Goat.

Ugly fight in a sense.

When one fighter is better at literally everything than the other fighter, it gets ugly fast.

Fitch had no potential "out" in that fight. Zip.

I remember Fitch eyes rolled at least twice in that fight. Hitting the ground was waking him up and he was able to see the end of the fight!

I guarantee 90% of the 2014-2016 posters have never seen that fight, yet claim that gsp is a boring fighter.

So if they watch that fight, it will erase their memory of every fight after? I'm not a hater of gsp at all, and i hope he makes bisping pay for ducking every legit mw contender.

But the word 'boring' is attached to his legacy for better or worse because of his lack of risk taking to try and finish fights. Can't have it both ways; His game plan, lnp, and strategy was a success but it came at the cost of intensity, excitement, and highlight reel finishes. And it affects his legacy, regardless of anyone's opinions.

But the word 'boring' is attached to his legacy for better or worse because of his lack of risk taking to try and finish fights. Can't have it both ways; His game plan, lnp, and strategy was a success but it came at the cost of intensity, excitement, and highlight reel finishes. And it affects his legacy, regardless of anyone's opinions.

It impacts his legacy in the eyes of *some fans*, not in any objective and ultimate sense.

Fitch got the CTE in that fight for sure.

Back