Do You Abandon Your Children If You Discover They're Not Yours?

What do you do when you discover that you are not the father?

• Total voters
I raise him, but the marriage is effectively over.
I can agree with this. I voted otherwise, but I do think it would be hard to distance yourself from a child you've grown to love. It would also be really tough being around a kid who's a reminder that your wife cheated on you.

well this guy might be forced to depending on what State he lives in. In Canada and many US States once you 'assume' the role of the parent you are one just as if the kid was yours.

One of my best friends younger brothers who is a very successful dentist found out his kids were not his. His wife left him (before he could leave her) and she blamed him for being a workaholic as to why she strayed. She moved in with the father of her kids who did not work and she sued him for support securing big monthly payments from his successful dental practice. She bought a house with his money for herself and her new unemployed man and their kids with his money. 8 years later he is still paying and hardly gets to see the kids as she makes it difficult.

He has literally been forced to support not just her but the man she cheated with and the kids that are not his so none of them have to work regularly. And all because she committed a fraud against him that society won't call a fraud.

These types of stories are in my top three " can' t read to much triggering". Why I dislike postmodern society. No common sense.

You're the penultimate sucker (evolutionarily speaking) if you stay. Women have the benefit (and the risk) of their choice between the alpha savage who typically has great genes but also probably won't stick around after siring the children, or the beta cuck provider who has the resources but not "the physicality".

The best outcome for the woman is going to be getting banged by her security while her millionaire husband goes off to work.... and hope she never goes onto Maury.

I'm not against the idea of adopting a child or mentoring some random boy who doesn't have a father. I've been great with other peoples' kids and I think every guy likes the idea of passing his ideas/skills to "proteges" beyond his own offspring.

I couldn't raise a kid who I was told was mine when they aren't though. I really think the deception of the mother would linger over that relationship like a dark cloud and it would be best if I distanced myself, hoped someone quickly replaced me in their life.

Then again I don't bang "empowered" hos so this entire scenario seems very distant. Never dated with a girl who has male friends hovering around her/goes out on the town without me and never want to try it.

I'm not against the idea of adopting a child or mentoring some random boy who doesn't have a father. I've been great with other peoples' kids and I think every guy likes the idea of passing his ideas/skills to "proteges" beyond his own offspring..

Great point
Adoption is noble and in my mind on a different plane than raising a single mothers children. Same thing with being widowed. Totally different.

Then again I don't bang "empowered" hos so this entire scenario seems very distant. Never dated with a girl who has male friends hovering around her/goes out on the town without me and never want to try it.
You sound insecure. If you're confident, you don't get upset if your girl has male friends or goes out from time to time. If she cheats, you kick her to the curb and keep it moving.

You sound insecure. If you're confident, you don't get upset if your girl has male friends or goes out from time to time. If she cheats, you kick her to the curb and keep it moving.
Doesn't seem insecure to me, more like a risk averse investor really.

Doesn't seem insecure to me, more like a risk averse investor really.

If you feel like your significant other going out with friends and having some fun without you from time to time is a "risk" then maybe that's not the girl you should be dating.

If you feel like your significant other going out with friends and having some fun without you from time to time is a "risk" then maybe that's not the girl you should be dating.
Sure and AviatorShades seems to agree.

That depends on the circumstances but if the kid has bonded with me then I can't imagine abandoning them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back