Do you agree there are 6 main political factions today?

This is just laughable. With all the dirty shit done by the left that's been brought into the sunlight, it's truly amazing their are still people that support them. Y'all have battered wives syndrome.
<Dany07>

There are two groups of people. The people who agree with me, and the wrong people.

Wisconsin was an example of anti democrats not showing up.

The number of voters in the state was s two decade low. Trump got about the same number of votes as Romney and won.
Black turnout in Wisconsin fell off a cliff in 2016 compared to 2012. If black turnout had stayed the same, Clinton would have won.

How many black people do you think were part of the Bernie crowd? Let's be honest here, they are the whitest snowflakes around.

Trump did get anti establishment republicans and social conservatives. A lot of it was because they hate Hillary. They also wanted to put a Republican in charge of nominating Supreme Court justices.
It amazes me how little it’s acknowledged that the Supreme Court Justice appointment played a role in the election. For a substantial number of moderate conservatives that I know, it was the factor that pushed them over the edge to vote for Trump.

Robert Reich has an offensive racist name. So i disagree with him whole heartily.

It amazes me how little it’s acknowledged that the Supreme Court Justice appointment played a role in the election. For a substantial number of moderate conservatives that I know, it was the factor that pushed them over the edge to vote for Trump.

Don't know if something that makes Republicans vote for the Republican candidate is going to be much of a factor in an election. Probably just something people say to make them feel better about voting for such a poor candidate but not something that actually swayed a noticeable number of votes.

A more underrated aspect of Trump's appeal was his lies about policy goals (no cuts to Medicaid/Medicare, no regressive tax changes). Those are hugely unpopular aspects of the GOP platform, and disavowing them probably did help him a bit.

I see it more as:
True Liberals
Neo Liberals
Liberals for the sake of 'me too' i.e. the poor that actually receive the benefits espoused by the Democratic party
SJW/Far Leftists

Religious Right conservatives
Libertarian (of which I feel the vast vast majority of young Conservatives actually fall into, whether they realize it or not)
Corporate/MIC conservatives (most of the older, more established conservatives that don't tout religion too much)
Alt Right in the form of racists/white supremacists/etc..
Alt Right in pure troll fashion (most young trump 'supporters' fall into here IMO)

what about reptilians though
meet-the-creatures-reptilian0.jpg

and

hqdefault.jpg
<{danawhoah}>

I don't generally watch videos here, but the summary in the OP doesn't really say anything and doesn't seem credible. How on Earth can "(politician) supporters" be a main political faction, for example?

Reactionaries, boot lickers, political hipsters, etc.

I see it more as:
True Liberals
Neo Liberals
Liberals for the sake of 'me too' i.e. the poor that actually receive the benefits espoused by the Democratic party
SJW/Far Leftists

Religious Right conservatives
Libertarian (of which I feel the vast vast majority of young Conservatives actually fall into, whether they realize it or not)
Corporate/MIC conservatives (most of the older, more established conservatives that don't tout religion too much)
Alt Right in the form of racists/white supremacists/etc..
Alt Right in pure troll fashion (most young trump 'supporters' fall into here IMO)

I don't think you can really pull an answer to this question out of your ass. Gotta do serious research to really be able to identify the main sub-factions.

Also, didn't this election completely discredit the "Religious Right"? The movement began in opposition to ending Jim Crow, and their support of Trump even in the primary made it pretty clear that it was never really about religion. Likewise, I think actual, consistent libertarians barely exist for real. I suspect that if you break it down, you'll find fewer than six main political factions. There are different flavors of expression within different groups, for sure, but if they always vote the same, they're not really a different faction.

Don't know if something that makes Republicans vote for the Republican candidate is going to be much of a factor in an election. Probably just something people say to make them feel better about voting for such a poor candidate but not something that actually swayed a noticeable number of votes.

A more underrated aspect of Trump's appeal was his lies about policy goals (no cuts to Medicaid/Medicare, no regressive tax changes). Those are hugely unpopular aspects of the GOP platform, and disavowing them probably did help him a bit.
I don’t know, I think the risk of losing the Supreme Court seat actually did influence some Republicans who would have either voted for a different candidate as a protest vote (such as Johnson or Paul), who would have voted for Hillary (a lot of Republicans I know voted for President Obama over Romney), or who just would have stayed home. A lot of moderates view any one candidate as not too damaging because the next swing of the pendulum can undo a lot of policy, but Supreme Court decisions can last for much longer. I think it did influence a lot of moderate conservatives who were fairly ambivalent into voting for a candidate they didn’t really agree with.

This guy is suffering from extreme out-of-touch baby boomeritis. "Trump" isn't a unique political ideology. He's a '90s moderate blown out of proportion by the American TV/print media's attempts to survive online via tabloidism and his willingness to play along.

His vague definition of establishment Democrats as intelligent successful tax cut guys but "believing in equal rights" unlike their evil Republican equivalent, whatever the fuck that means... I'm guessing he places himself there?

I don't have a problem with him saying established Democrats try to strive for equality more than Republicans. He should have said established Republicans strive more for law and order. He could have said libertarians strive for non-aggression and property rights ect. It is a 2 minute video so I don't expect it to be perfect.

I can't even fathom the stupidity of someone who actually believes Trump ran for president to get more money for himself.
How so? You should be able to fathom that this job is going to make him a tremendous amount of money through tax breaks alone. It's an empirical question with a factual answer, and not an opinion.

Are you too stupid to fathom that? I suppose you're not, so what makes it unfathomably stupid to believe that's a top motivation for him? If we're being fair, your comment is so stupid that it's hard to fathom that you believe it.

in this two minute clip Robert Reich says there are 6 main political factions today.

Do you agree?

I think it is oversimplified but pretty accurate.

Established republicans
Libertarian Republicans
Social conservative Republicans

Established democrats
What I will call egalitarian Democrats

Trump supporters.

Love Bob.

I think he left out war as an area of concern as well as neglecting to factor in collective ignorance fo party politics.
Its very possible that a candidate could emerge that nails it on the concerns of multiple factions, but because they are pro-guns or pro-abortion their entire platform could collapse.

Doesnt matter how many there are.... They all serve $$$$$

oversimplified

the role that money plays is on a continuum imo. all follow special interests; some of those are wealthy, and some are not. some are led from the top and elite down, and others are led more by the masses.

dont think so? well the wr was full of people saying that "the establishment" had chosen rick perry for president. but.....then he said something so stupid, that the people decided thats not happening. what was the popular democratic pres candidate in '08 who made an odd yell during a campaign speech? that alone, got him booted from the running.

Back