Do you believe in ring rust?

I don't see why you WOULDN'T think it's real. That doesn't mean everyone experiences it in the same way though

Whenever I see a question like this in the OP it makes me realize how many sherdoggers have never participated in any type of sport at any relatively high level.

Because if you have participated in a sport then its impossible to not understand what 'time away rust' is and to question its existence.

Do you see ring rust as some mental thing or it's bullshit?

I believe there are those who believe and therefore fuck themselves up by believing ..while others do not and remain constant..at the end of the day its what each fighter believes in that moment..

For 95% of athletes. There's that special few in every sport than can come back from the most horrible injuries and be at peak performance right away though

I believe ring rust can be a real problem for certain individuals, depends on training partners/coaches and if they thrive on the pressure of being in the spotlight... some guys can take layoffs and get high then walk through a fight no problem

Some of the time I think so... but then you have guys out for a while and looked better than ever.

Of course it's real you bunch of mongs. If you don't practice competitively in any sport you wont be as good. Fucking idiots on this site at times. Jesus.
tenor.gif

Ask Cain. He should be the ambassador for ring rust conversations.

I think it is a mental thing.
Long time between fights can bring doubts to a fighter.

Because I do believe you train so hard and for so long preparing to a fight, that it is not possible that "your timing will be off" or you will "get tired" more easily.
IMHO these are excuses, justifications.

Then again, I am not a pro-fighter, so what do I know?

Of course it's real you bunch of mongs. If you don't practice competitively in any sport you wont be as good. Fucking idiots on this site at times. Jesus.

Yes

Have you ever gone a long time without getting laid?

Silly question haha

I don't see why you WOULDN'T think it's real. That doesn't mean everyone experiences it in the same way though

Whenever I see a question like this in the OP it makes me realize how many sherdoggers have never participated in any type of sport at any relatively high level.

Because if you have participated in a sport then its impossible to not understand what 'time away rust' is and to question its existence.

Well it looked like some believe in it and some don't... Different opinions is what i wanted to hear on, not once did i say it didn't existed. Not my fault you couldn't understand the question and took it wrong ;)

<Lmaoo>

Very real. I took 4 months off due to family emergency prior to my next boxing fight. Trained, cut weight, sparred and felt great . Total time since my last fight was 8 months. Got in the ring and everything went to shit immediately. My legs didn't work, and I boxed like dog shit. Lost UD and it wasn't even close.

Took two weeks, got back in the gym and fought almost immediately. Won TKO 3rd round. Then 3 months later fought the golden Gloves Tournament. Made it to the Championship Fight. Lost split Decision. But fuck I was sharp and felt good.

Ring Rust. It's real, hespect.

I think it is a mental thing.
Long time between fights can bring doubts to a fighter.

Because I do believe you train so hard and for so long preparing to a fight, that it is not possible that "your timing will be off" or you will "get tired" more easily.
IMHO these are excuses, justifications.

Then again, I am not a pro-fighter, so what do I know?

Yeah i believe similar to you ..its a personal thing to certain fighters...i think its a mental question that plagues some and doesnt other...if your ready to return your ready.. If your wondering about if your going to have ring rust..or be tired or bad timing leading into your return fight after a full camp of preparing..then your not ready..and will probably think or use ring rust as your excuse...

Ring Rust is Real be it mental, physical, or both it's real and it depends on the guy is he still keeping sharp or falls off..? Ring rust can be worked off in one good fight (ko, tko,sub,) or months of hard road depends on the man...

The bantamweight goat thinks otherwise , there is only ring rust if you dont train hard enough , ring rust is a mental weakness as the goat dom cruz said

Very real. I took 4 months off due to family emergency prior to my next boxing fight. Trained, cut weight, sparred and felt great . Total time since my last fight was 8 months. Got in the ring and everything went to shit immediately. My legs didn't work, and I boxed like dog shit. Lost UD and it wasn't even close.

Took two weeks, got back in the gym and fought almost immediately. Won TKO 3rd round. Then 3 months later fought the golden Gloves Tournament. Made it to the Championship Fight. Lost split Decision. But fuck I was sharp and felt good.

Ring Rust. It's real, hespect.

Hope your family is ok and I'm glad you bounced back from the loss. Respect.

Well it looked like some believe in it and some don't... Different opinions is what i wanted to hear on, not once did i say it didn't existed. Not my fault you couldn't understand the question and took it wrong ;)

<Lmaoo>
My point was more to people replying to your OP that it is a mental thing.

NO IT's NOT. Not saying that the mental part is not huge too but the physical part, the lack of training or the proper training also matters, a lot.

To deny that is just to say training does not matter and fighting is all mental.

Of course ring rust is real.

Training for something is not the same as doing that thing...in front of an audience of thousands.

Back