Do you believe that extra terrestrial intelligent life has visited earth?

ocean size

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In the early days of the internet and into the Oughts, I feel like UFOs were still all the rage. Now you don't don't hear much about them and most conspiracy theories seem to be more geopolitics focused. Why is that sherdoggers - is there just too much info out there now or have people's collective consciousness moved on- or am I dead wrong?

Informal poll - who here believes UFOs are 'real' in terms of being alien life?

Nope!

There's no good reason to.

First thing is to establish something exists in the first place before you start talking about where it's been and what it's been doing.

Space traveling aliens is silly. It would require traveling faster than light and given that kind of technology there would be more interesting places closer to them... so no reason to travel here, which would represent no small expenditure of resources.

If they've stopped in.... they've decided they can come back later after we've destroyed ourselves.

Nope!

First thing is to establish something exists in the first place before you start talking about where it's been and what it's been doing.

Space traveling aliens is silly. It would require traveling faster than light and given that kind of technology there would be more interesting places closer to them... so no reason to travel here, which would represent no small expenditure of resources.

Thanks for revealing your true agenda bud. Illuminati member confirmed.

51Gzt0WcWbL.jpg

but I don't

It would be really cocky and illogical to think there's no life except on Earth and no species can possibly have more advanced tech than humans.

I believe Earth is the giant Noah's Ark/zoo/animal preservation site for various forms of life aliens found elsewhere and decided to preserve those species here.

C95E571C-8CD8-4790-B3D4-FF31F191970F.png
Nope!

I believe there is alien life out there... not so sure they visited earth though

Now serially...
I would love for aliens to exist that we could actually interact with.

But the distances are almost incomprehensible. At C, 186,000 miles/second, it would take over four years to get to the nearest star, which is a white dwarf, unlikely to have a complement of habitable planets.

But there are stars very much like Sol out there. Currently our best speed, attained with gravitational assist, is Voyager, loping along at a rate that would get it to Proxima Centauri in something like 70,000 years.

So we have a ways to go technologically, and for many reasons, it may not be possible to travel as fast as light.

We may, unfortunately, be stuck in our little neck of the woods forever since the distances are so insane.

I believe Earth is the giant Noah's Ark/zoo/animal preservation site for various forms of life aliens found elsewhere and decided to preserve those species here.
What do you make of the fact that DNA of everything on Earth suggests we are all related and come from the same early microbes.

the universe is big, so yes.
Universe = big factors into the drake equation and the likelihood of alien life existing, but do you think that also means the life that exists has visited us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back