Do you celebrate Christmas?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you celebrate Christmas?

If yes, how and where are you going to celebrate this year?

I've recited the Shahada after Khabib's destruction of your false goat.

Alhamdulillah.

I exchange gifts, drink, have a nice meal with the family.

I don't celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Yes, we celebrate the Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Go to church and attend the mass,

Feast with the family at 12am.

Exchange presents.

Christmas is fun.

Even growing up Jewish I did. My dad was Catholic so there was that. But might as well when everyone else is.

The wifey is catholic so we celebrate as well. And I keep it real, fuck buying a tree from a parking lot, I cut one down myself.

Overall though it does disgust me how Christmas is such an incredibly materialistic holiday. I enjoy the Christmas cheer and the atmosphere, but hate the presents aspect. Although my home theater will be that much dope after this black friday.

Loved xmas as a child but each year its harder to get in to now. Even with making the effort to enjoy it. So much pressure and stress.

Where I'm from Christmas is an imported holiday from the west. It's even more commercialized than in the states so it's become mostly a day for couples to buy gifts for each other and go to fancy places just like Valetines. So as a single manlet, I don't celebrate christmas. The upside to this is that there are lots of desperate single chicks at bars, just like Valentines.

I drink, eat, exchange gifts, drink some more and then go home.

That's pretty much my Christmas.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_myrmfnGjbx1qbvx0xo1_500.gif

I do, it's one of the two or three times a year all of my family/extended family on my dad's side gets together, catches up and hangs out(4th of July is the other). It sucks though because my job still requires me to be there if it falls on a Mon-Fri, which I do make $60-ish an hour being there, but Christmas time with them holds many great memories, so I do miss not being with family.

Sidenote: As of 10-ish years ago my parents did away with celebrating Christmas or doing any sort of holiday at all...due to it not being "Jesus's real birthday". They also try to throw the guilt trip on every year if you even mention the day. Which is always awkward because I do enjoy the time of year and time spent with family during Christmas, and I have always had a great relationship with them...but really Black Friday-Dec 25th is like a Cold War "That which we do not speak of Christmas" season...and it's just odd.

I go to my sisters house for dinner. The children get presents. There’s a tree. No religion involved.

Christmas is a bullshit holiday. It’s a fairytale and the basis of it is Siberian’s eating fly agarics.

Unfortunately I have to participate on this made up holiday and buy gifts to my close ones, last Christmas I received the least amount of gifts, ever. Good thing about my ex was how much she spoiled me during the holidays, onto the next one now.

Family, presents, sports games on tv

Not by choice. It’s 1 day and the arguments it leads to aren't worth the trade off.

It's a nice time of year. Kids get excited. I've wrapped a shitload of presents every Christmas eve for 15 years now. I mean, like until 4am busting ass. The room goes from looking normal, and often dingy to be honest, to a Christmas wonderland for the kids. Other people would take a bunch of pics and show off, but I do it for my kids.

I'm literally broke this year. First time this bad. Going to be rough. The 3 older ones are old enough not to get as much, but the 11 year old needs another year or two.

Just diner with the family. Nothing religious or commercial. Just good food to fill mah belly.

Back