Do you eat the fat from meat?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don’t. I think it is disgusting and not to mention unhealthy. I have quite a few friends that enjoy it. I don’t mean the marbling part of the steak because that portion is actually good. The only fat that is worthwhile eating is from pork belly.

Natural fats like that are actually healthy and your body does need it.

You may wonder isn't fat bad for you, but your body needs some fat from food. It's a major source of energy. It helps you absorb some vitamins and minerals. Fat is needed to build cell membranes, the vital exterior of each cell, and the sheaths surrounding nerves. It is essential for blood clotting, muscle movement, and inflammation.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good

You should educate yourself a bit on nutrition.

Depends on the meat really. I hate any fat that's chewy, that shit is gross. Crispy fat on roast pork or the kind that pratically melts in your mouth? Sign me up.

I won't go out of my way to eat it, however I won't take 10 minutes to cut every little bit off of every piece of meat either.

of course i do.

and no, its not unhealthy.

The side strip of sat fat on a ny is delicious if you make sure to sear it on that side as well.

Good lord no. Not just the health issues, but the texture is sickening to me. My dad and brother did/do it and both had/have cholesterol problems despite being skinny.

Fuck yeah I do, particularly from a lamb chop or something, awesome, OP is a manlet.

I'm from southern white trash, you bet your sweet ass i do.

Last edited:
Hell to the yes, if im gonna eat a steak, im going all out. Butter that bad boy up, don't cut off the fat.

Sure why not. I cut it up and add it to the meat as i eat. I don't usually just eat the fat on it's own

Absolutely. And sometimes, the steak fat isn't enough so I have to add more.

DX4RiDgVAAAvnj2.jpg

I cut it off and feed it to my dog.

Natural fats like that are actually healthy and your body does need it.

You may wonder isn't fat bad for you, but your body needs some fat from food. It's a major source of energy. It helps you absorb some vitamins and minerals. Fat is needed to build cell membranes, the vital exterior of each cell, and the sheaths surrounding nerves. It is essential for blood clotting, muscle movement, and inflammation.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good

You should educate yourself a bit on nutrition.

came in to post this

that being said, i hate the texture of steak fat. feels like eating a chewy booger

Depends on the fat, and if it's rendered or not. Rendered fat is yummy!

Back