Do you feel the UFC is a disgrace from the perspective or view of kickboxing fans?

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor vs. Khabib has been tipped as "bread and circus" in my country (it"s a word). Some call it blood like in the Roman Empire. How can the Americans back such scandals and fake White shit?

They get rich from idiots and promote violence. MMA is such a violent sport and a disgrace for the real martial arts.

So now all of a sudden you care about Martial Arts? What's so Martial Arts about two overweight Eastern Europeans whiffing haymakers in a ring?

It's a real fight and real fights are violent. I grew up on the original UFC before their were rules.

I bought the PPV and had friends over to watch it and everyone had a fantastic fun time. Worth every penny.

Conor's trash talk was rude and all, but he didn't say anything to Khabib that seemed all that crazy. There are a lot of fighters who have said and done worse in the lead up to a fight; same with what Khabib did after the match. Pro Wrestling-style promotion sells well in America, that's what Conor went for and he did it damn well. It was all just to build up hype and sell more PPVs. The most disgraceful thing about UFC at the moment is the cheesfest of a moneygrab that is Daniel Cormier VS Brock Lesnar. It's obvious that DC is trying to get a nice payday/legacy fight before he retires instead of taking on the real competition -- but I digress.

MMA is no more violent than any other combat sport, nor is it more wacky than they have been in the past. It's just in the limelight right now, so everyone can see its bullshit moreso than the other ones.

Conor vs. Khabib has been tipped as "bread and circus" in my country (it"s a word). Some call it blood like in the Roman Empire. How can the Americans back such scandals and fake White shit?

They get rich from idiots and promote violence. MMA is such a violent sport and a disgrace for the real martial arts.
this shit happens in Boxing and Kickboxing too I don't get what you're trying to say.

LOL! like groenhart getting attacked after knocking out Grigorian from behind did not happen too long ago in "real martial arts"

LOL! like groenhart getting attacked after knocking out Grigorian from behind did not happen too long ago in "real martial arts"

Or Jaraya assaulting a judge lol

Having said that I always found the pre fight circuses to be really lame and at times distasteful, regardless of what sport is doing it.

Last edited:
4KS5DUU.gif

well that escalated quickly but i kinda expected something by this, but of course not on that magnitude...

sometimes these shits happen on any hand to hand combat sports,especially when a guy talk tons of shit about his opponent.

for example last year´s deplorable Dirrel vs Uzcategui brawl,if this shit wasnt controlled quickly it would be a shitstorm

Golota vs Bowe was a classic riot as well

Barrera vs Morales outside the ring.

Mayweather vs Judah,another classic one...

It didnt happen very often in Kickboxing and MMA compared to Boxing,Boxing had an big history of brawls on the early 90´s til the mid 2000´s.

Promotions learned with that and this is why there is a lot of police guys and security guards across the ring if some heated shit happens.

Forgot a crazy one that was Luis alberto Lazerte vs Casimero(the filipino guy that KO´ed Ruengoeng in their rematch)

IT happened on Lazerte hometown(argentina), After casimero won the whole Lazerte team jumped on him and the fans started to throwing fucking chairs on the Filipino, and it was just 6 years ago, this was fucking nuts

Saw Sapp 'fight' Aerts in Amsterdam , just as unsavory only in a different way .

Thought about that straight away too. Let's also ignore the fact that it wasn't possible to host a Kickboxing card in Amsterdam not too long ago because of all the times the events turned into massive brawls quite often involving the fighters too.

Thought about that straight away too. Let's also ignore the fact that it wasn't possible to host a Kickboxing card in Amsterdam not too long ago because of all the times the events turned into massive brawls quite often involving the fighters too.
Yup, and because they were connected to organize crime and gang activity.

This thread is so ridiculous but it's what we've come to expect with @Broadcast. Sadly, he just dropped this gem on us and fled the forum. I was hoping for a bit of back and forth engagement on the subject.

You got to respect the true martial arts... Ya'll just hatin!

The ufc has been a disgrace for over a decade.

Back