Do you feel the UFC is a disgrace from the perspective or view of kickboxing fans?

He means getting the fighters to face off and do a stare-down and most of the time also shouting abuse and so on, like you'd see 2 guys do before getting into a street fight.
Got it now, but i wouldn't say "most of the time" at all, usually the weigh ins are relaxed and pacific, out of a entire card there may be a lot of tension in like 2 or 3 bouts, but in general fighters are respectful on weigh ins.

well, compared to kickboxing and Muay Thai, MMA seems have much more younger and casual fans that like the drama and those edgy behaviour that some fighters show.

but the fighters are looking for expousure while doind this in order to get more bigger money, its just part of the game,it happens a lot in boxing as well.

Its a profession, they want money, the honor bs is just generic, they are going for the money as everyone else...

Got it now, but i wouldn't say "most of the time" at all, usually the weigh ins are relaxed and pacific, out of a entire card there may be a lot of tension in like 2 or 3 bouts, but in general fighters are respectful on weigh ins.

Ok maybe not most of the time but a lot of time there's at least some abuse, some pushing or some other kind of taunting. It's definitely not uncommon.

But anyway we're going away from he point he made which is that they get fighters to face off / stare down, which you don't see in MT for instance.

well, compared to kickboxing and Muay Thai, MMA seems have much more younger and casual fans that like the drama and those edgy behaviour that some fighters show.

You definitely put your finger on it, it's mostly the casual fans who want to see verbal abuse, taunting, blood, and anti-social behaviours, while I don't think age is as much of a factor.

Educated fans want to see good match-ups and good technical fights and don't care as much about the drama.

So now all of a sudden you care about Martial Arts? What's so Martial Arts about two overweight Eastern Europeans whiffing haymakers in a ring?

It's a real fight and real fights are violent. I grew up on the original UFC before their were rules.

I bought the PPV and had friends over to watch it and everyone had a fantastic fun time. Worth every penny.

No eye poking and no biting! Early UFC was the best. The mix of sizes and styles were so cool.

Haven't read through the thread but UFC does a great job at promoting their events. Kickboxing, not so much.

UFC is also much more competitive.

If kickboxing had anything like the UFC, we could have had the following sick weight classes in the last couple of years.

FW: Petpanomrung, Qiu Jian Liang, RvR, Adamchuk, Kaew, Hiramoto Ren, Petchtanong, Ilias Bulaid, Wei Rui, Giga Chikadze, Yang Zhuo, Koya Urabe, Ezbiri, Gonnapar, Matt Embree

FW: Sittichai, Yodsanklai, Buakaw, Chingiz Allazov, Petrosyan, Superbon, Yodwicha, Enrike Gogokhia, Vlad Tuinov, Dylan Salvador, Moiseev

Those would have been pretty sick weight classes. Right now i don't feel like there is too much action in kickboxing.

Last edited:
Thai kickboxing is full of scumbag piece of shits that like to pretend their shit don't stink. I bet badr hari is a great ambassador?

Ok maybe not most of the time but a lot of time there's at least some abuse, some pushing or some other kind of taunting. It's definitely not uncommon.

But anyway we're going away from he point he made which is that they get fighters to face off / stare down, which you don't see in MT for instance.
Renzo Gracie once commented that in the early fights in Brazil from his era they would have never bothered with these stare downs,for there would be a fight every time.

You definitely put your finger on it, it's mostly the casual fans who want to see verbal abuse, taunting, blood, and anti-social behaviours, while I don't think age is as much of a factor.

Educated fans want to see good match-ups and good technical fights and don't care as much about the drama.
There are alot of factors. One is how it was marketed in the beggining. Its never 100% shed that stigma of being a "Fight to the death" and that old footage isnt going to go anywhere. We also have so many different contrasting cultures and disciplines all coming together,that there is bound to be intensified conflicts.I feel like the way PRIDEFC was marketed,in Japan,there was a much deeper respect factor than you see in the states. Sure you had the sensational "freakshow" fights,but you also had big ratings between two judo olympians in Yoshida and Ogawa and they didnt have to resort to any serious schenanigans to sell that fight. Marketing has alot to do with the negative aspects of MMA that you have brouight up but i dont think that MMA in general and the people who train in it are necessarily less "moral" than those who are training in centuries old rigid disciplines.

The American UFC crown is blood-thirsty. You wouldn"t see that in kickboxing. Hagel, talks for your the Netherlands, but even there it"s better now.

The American UFC crown is blood-thirsty. You wouldn"t see that in kickboxing. Hagel, talks for your the Netherlands, but even there it"s better now.

of couse you would. Hari is still the most popular Kickboxers, and whenever there is beef in Japanese Kickboxing people are all over it.

Back