Do you guys ever watch music videos?

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I love them too. That whole album is basically about losing family to cancer and death, but their videos are really light-hearted and fun.

That's my favourite video too actually, and I have a picture disc vinyl of that single. The face of the picture disc is basically the thumbnail of that video, and it looks pretty fucking sweet.
I been meaning to get the single on vinyl. I have almost everything else they've done on vinyl. I have to say the vinyl cover art for Once More Round The Sun is my all time favorite artwork of any album ever. So f'n trippy

Emperor Of Sand the first time I listened to it and I'll be honest here I was tearing up a bit. My own mother was diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer a few years ago and the doctors didn't know at all if she'd survive and everything. The first doctor we saw told her to get her affairs in order because he basically said she was going to die. She ended up going to Sloan Kettering in NYC who ended up doing aggressive chemotherapy and other treatments, She lost all her hair, had to have surgery to remove her ovaries. Also had a good amount of post surgery complications and shit. So yeah EOS really hits home for me and its now 2017 and my mom is luckily in remission but knowing Cancer it could return and that shit scares me. Think I'm going to put the vinyl on right now and give it another listen.

I been meaning to get the single on vinyl. I have almost everything else they've done on vinyl. I have to say the vinyl cover art for Once More Round The Sun is my all time favorite artwork of any album ever. So f'n trippy

Emperor Of Sand the first time I listened to it and I'll be honest here I was tearing up a bit. My own mother was diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer a few years ago and the doctors didn't know at all if she'd survive and everything. The first doctor we saw told her to get her affairs in order because he basically said she was going to die. She ended up going to Sloan Kettering in NYC who ended up doing aggressive chemotherapy and other treatments, She lost all her hair, had to have surgery to remove her ovaries. Also had a good amount of post surgery complications and shit. So yeah EOS really hits home for me and its now 2017 and my mom is luckily in remission but knowing Cancer it could return and that shit scares me. Think I'm going to put the vinyl on right now and give it another listen.
I seriously love all their art work. I don't know know who does it, but it's amazing. I haven't got any tattoos or anything, but if I ever get any, I know I'd get something inspired by their album covers. Just out of curiosity, did you get their Game of Thrones picture disc vinyl?

I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope everything stays okay with your mum and everything. I think the Mastodon videos can help through those bad times even more, because when you're thinking about all this and you're feeling down, you now think of a small Indian man snorting people through his nose and you can laugh.

I seriously love all their art work. I don't know know who does it, but it's amazing. I haven't got any tattoos or anything, but if I ever get any, I know I'd get something inspired by their album covers. Just out of curiosity, did you get their Game of Thrones picture disc vinyl?

I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope everything stays okay with your mum and everything. I think the Mastodon videos can help through those bad times even more, because when you're thinking about all this and you're feeling down, you now think of a small Indian man snorting people through his nose and you can laugh.
http://www.theartofskinner.com/art/detail/mastodon-once-more-/all/2014

Skinner does all their art or the vast majority of it I didn't get the GOT vinyl but I'm seriously thinking about doing so.

Whenever I ask people if they've seen the new music video of a band they like, I normally get the response of "I don't watch music videos.". It seems like I'm the only one (at least out of people I know) that enjoys watching them. I think a lot of the time it adds a lot of personality to the song/artist, and it can sometimes help you understand where the artist was coming from when writing the song. What do you guys think?

Very rarely anymore. I don't like the newer music as much as the awesome music that was coming out in the 1980's and early 1990's, so I guess I don't have as much interest in the videos either. The MTV Classic channel is not part of my package, but if it was I would probably watch it quite a bit.

Very rarely anymore. I don't like the newer music as much as the awesome music that was coming out in the 1980's and early 1990's, so I guess I don't have as much interest in the videos either. The MTV Classic channel is not part of my package, but if it was I would probably watch it quite a bit.
If I'm sat in my room or something, i normally put Youtube on my tv and browse through music videos on there. It's good because you can find new bands too, as i found Tame Impala that way.

Most of the bands I listen to don't even have music videos. So no

Leningrad band is known in Russia for releasing some nice music videos:

Ok GO produces some of the most creative and original music videos. I will watch them if they are unique or well made or creative.

Ok GO produces some of the most creative and original music videos. I will watch them if they are unique or well made or creative.

I'm not the biggest fan of their music, but yeah, you gotta appreciate their videos.

I mostly watch live videos these days.

I want to watch Phantogram because the girl singer's voice is nice. I want to assume she's super good looking and flashes titties like that one European singer.

Is Rob Zombie still doing crazy creepy music videos?

Back