Do you have enough retirement savings?

trade school...aint no shame in that. school cheaper, lots of companies pay it off for you and you have pensions in alot of them

Of course: This is No Country for (broke-ass) Old Men.

Knowing the way we treat poor people and old people in this world, you'd have to be insane to not have money when you've been enfeebled by Time.

However the owner of my favorite bookstore is retiring in four years. He wants fifty thousand dollars....
B821479401Z.1_20140107171429_000_GJU1503L6.2_Gallery.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

3e571fc36784328d67a333ca49b2de90.jpg

...my close friend said he'll slap the Sleeper-hold on me if i try to follow through with it. "Bookstores don't make money, dumbass!" The owner even said as much.

But it's always been a dream of mine to be an old dude in a bookstore, just reading...I've always had a reverence for books, especially growing up poor- the library card was my literal free ticket to other worlds. After grinding for most of my adult life, I'd like to revist those worlds.

Happiness is a risk worth taking.

I know I always post this, but here's some good general guidanceRetirement Detail smaller.jpg

Knowing the way we treat poor people and old people in this world, you'd have to be insane to not have money when you've been enfeebled by Time.

However the owner of my favorite bookstore is retiring in four years. He wants fifty thousand dollars....

IMG_7384.jpg

...my close friend said he'll slap the Sleeper-hold on me if i try to follow through with it. "Bookstores don't make money, dumbass!" The owner even said as much.

But it's always been a dream of mine to be an old dude in a bookstore, just reading...I've always had a reverence for books, especially growing up poor- the library card was my literal free ticket to other worlds. After grinding for most of my adult life, I'd like to revist those worlds.

What does the $50k get you? I'm assuming it would be everything, but does he rent or own the real estate?

Is that building also a residence?

Yeah about seven single bedroom apartment units at the back of the building. The dude who owns the property only rents the units out to chicks or old profeesionals.

Yeah about seven single bedroom apartment units at the back of the building. The dude who owns the property only rents the units out to chicks or old profeesionals.

Would you be living there as part of the lease you take over? That's the only way that I could see you making it with a book store. You'd probably have to mailorder/ebay too.

Would you be living there as part of the lease you take over? That's the only way that I could see you making it with a book store. You'd probably have to mailorder/ebay too.

I'm not sure if I'd want to: You can't smoke weed in those apartments and besides, I like my crib.

My intention isn't to really make a huge profit. I'd be perfectly content to break even every month.

It's still just a dream right now. Most of my family and friends are firmly against the idea....which makes it all the more appealing for some reason.

IMG_7384.jpg

Make the second floor a bed and breakfast and you've got something

your alpha meter dropped 50 points faster then my brothers credit score that time he bought that vacation to bali on his credit card and then just stopped paying his account.

<puh-lease75>
Yeah.

But TBH it's worth it, so:
<{poor?}>

im not the one without retirement.

That's busy. I did work out that I'm down to the "options" part. Yay me...?

I guess I could increase the emergency fund.

That's always a good thing. Never hurt to increase emergency funds, but it really depends on the household dynamics (single vs dual income, job security, etc) and overall non-retirement investment/savings/etc.

Here's a much simplied version
Retirement Wrapper.png

Back