Do you have friends who are on the opposite side of the aisle?

Center right and center left get along very well. Often better than center and their far varieties

Friendship also helps by not hyper focusing on politics

My regular golf foursome, one guy is way left of me. He is a Union shop steward, and campaigns for lots of democrats. One guy is die hard conservative and the other guy has 5 kids(all girls), so he is just happy to get the fuck out of his house. He stays out of the political conversations. 3 of us are small business owners, and the Union guy owns 3 rental properties. My regular 4 some for the last 20 years. Nobody hates anyone for their views, and would ride or die with anyone of the other if we had too.
We bust balls, but also are smart enough to know the media is trying to push a narrative that everyone on the other side is wrong and ruining the country.
It would be stupid to drop a friend because the are a democrat or republican. If they starting believe crazy shit sure, but if a normal R or D, then no need to drop them as a friend.

I love this reply. Really nice to see something like this in the War Room of all places.

I have had friends, family, and girls all over the spectrum. As long as you're not droning on about politics all the time I couldn't care less which side you support as long as you treat me with respect and love (which I'm more than happy to reciprocate). If we chose to focus on what unites us rather than what divides us more often we'd have a much better political climate.

I'm on an isle?

No man is an isle unto himself.

On topic, I have plenty of conservative friends. Strangely, most of them are rich immigrants who want to the government to stop taking their money and keep riff-raff from their countries out. The rest are rural white boys I used to smoke weed with when we were done landscaping.

Yeah, old football buddies that voted for Trump, but they gassed and have stopped arguing for him at this point, and we are on to arguing about the coming football season. One of them thinks Connor is going to beat Floyd too, so that is fun.
I'm sorry you buddy is retarded. Wish him the best of luck with his challenges.

My best friend voted for Trump.

My best friend is not an idiot.

In fact, he came down to visit, and said, "But what do I know? I voted for Donald Fuckin' Trump?"

Do you have close friends on the other side of the spectrum? How do you deal with it?

I have another friend who voted for Trump. He is, in fact, an idiot. We knew this all along. We still love him though.
One of my best friends voted for Trump and the other one would've been a Hillary voter if not for the fact that he lived in a deep blue state that she was going to win anyway. Trump guy voted for him because he hates Hillary and saw her as the greater evil and the other guy would've voted for Hillary because he supports free trade and disagrees with Trump's protectionism.

I voted for neither so I guess I'm in between both.

Most of my friends have Left-Wing views, and I'm more of a Right-Leaning Centrist, but I keep my political views quiet for people I don't know. In England, having views that aren't totally Left is grounds for excommunication for people in my age demographic.

Do you have close friends on the other side of the spectrum? How do you deal with it?

Pretty fuckin' sad if someone is confining their relationships to those who agree with them politically. To me there's nothing to "deal with".

one of besties is a super conservative trump voter. i enjoy hearing rational arguements from him

I'm also for paying a little extra in taxes so that my neighbor can have insurance. (I'm not sure my christian friend @ripskater would do the same)

I pay on average $12,000/year so my neighbour can have insurance.
Careful what you wish for.

Back