Do you have friends?

I have a lot of friends but no lovers

It’s the worst

If I hear someone say “you’ll find someone” one more time they’re dead.

Dead!

giphy.gif

Don’t say it Sherdog

Don’t you say it

I have a healthy social life.

The friends I grew up with live 2 hours away so I mostly see my wife's friends. We'll hang out with friends once a week or so. As for my friends, we are all scattered around and some are in Chicago, Houston and other far off places but we make an effort to see each other twice a year for weekend getaways or something like that. We do a fishing trip once a year.

My dad has become my best friend I'd say.

Yes but I feel closer to sherdoggers than most of them.

Yes ses. Yes sad.

All my true brothers have moved, are dead, or dead to me

Probably more common than one would think.

Sometimes I feel like I had no one to talk to in person and tons online. It's probably because social media filters people of similar interests and values as me who are not restricted to geographical location.

Last edited:
God dam this is a depressing thread!

Yes I have friends, plenty of them actually. Just got to find time to maintain friendships.

Like 2 that I'd truly be sad (while sober) if they died. 3 if my lil bro is inckuded.

I have a bunch of friends through work, which isn't ideal...but I would say I know them well and it's not uncommon to meet up on weekends and stuff, we've even gone on a couple of group trips together.

Other than that, I have a handful of good friends...and they are always in and out of town so we don't meet too often. But we keep in touch and it's always fun to meet up when we can.

With those type of friends, you HAVE TO make the effort to meet up when you can.

The last time I was in my home country was the first time I failed to even contact my best friend from my childhood/oldest friend. It was pretty saddening.

A couple close friends but most them are on the other side of the world. I have a family now so that really changes the dynamic

A couple close friends but most them are on the other side of the world. I have a family now so that really changes the dynamic

My family for the most part does their own shit then everyone meets together at funerals.

<{cruzshake}>

My family for the most part does their own shit then everyone meets together at funerals.

<{cruzshake}>
Extended family is like that for me as well.
But I meant I have a wife and a kid now and none of my close friends are in the same boat so it has changed that part of the friendship a lot. No going out to bars etc..

I have about 10 friends that would do anything for me & vice versa. They are basically the only people I associate with other than family. I don’t get involved with anyone unless I know they’re a good person. I’m also a rather quiet person so I don’t get close to many people. Pretty much every friend I have, I’ve known since I was a kid.

Well some of my co workers think we are friends but i politely remind them I am only talking to them because we are getting paid.

So I have no friends

Well some of my co workers think we are friends but i politely remind them I am only talking to them because we are getting paid.

So I have no friends

That's peculiar how you're so much better than who you work with, yet you work at the same place.<DCWhoa>

I only hang out with one of my friends from college, none from high school. Living with various roommates has been a great way to make new friends. Also I'm friends with many of my co-workers but I spent so much time with them on a daily basis that we rarely hang out outside of work. I still consider them good friends though.

That's peculiar how you're so much better than who you work with, yet you work at the same place.<DCWhoa>

No I am not better than them. I am just reminding them that since we are getting paid to talk to each other how can we call that friendship?

When we choose to hang out outside work then we can call each other friends.

If they don't ride motorcycles then we can't hang out though lol. Over 30 guys at my work ride motorcycles though

Back