Do you have friends?

I've got 9 close friends but it's not too often that I get to meet up with some of them and it's very rare that we all meet up together. We're mostly in our mid to late 30s, some have moved away, careers, kids, etc. Kind of sucks but that's growing up I guess.

[omg1] WTF!!! the money spent on designing that, and it still looks like a trap.

giphy.gif

I've got my group of 10 or so guys I grew up with, catch up less these days but we're still good, Google hangouts keeps things going. Generally I'm ok with making new friends anyway, think my friend group will change once my young bloke starts school and playing sports etc.

I want to add the word gay, before wedding, and write fixed, but I was mean to you today in the WR, and it will just come across as petty, not funny.
That's the WR... where you're allowed to be mean.
I'd still think it was funny. I don't recall who said what, where.
There's only a few who've made me remember them so well I had to forget em

I have lots of friends, I just don't have time and can't be bothered catching up with them

Nope. My life long best friend and I work out twice a week together but that's it. I don't have time for friends, I don't have enough time for my kids.

One I've known since we were at the same babysitters, one from Primary/Kindergarden a few from Secondary school and loads from 6th form. Not too many from Uni, but I was too busy chasing girls and working to make new male buddies, but still have a couple. I was also in a music group, so I have lots from my old music scene I catch up with and lastly, about 10 from work over the last 12 years. Some of which are really close friends and I was best man at his wedding recently.

I've met people in the past that say stuff like "I don't need any more friends" but I've never really understood that, TBH. Also know peoplethat have one group of friends, but have ended up shafted when the group has a divide or they get osctracised.

I've got 9 close friends but it's not too often that I get to meet up with some of them and it's very rare that we all meet up together. We're mostly in our mid to late 30s, some have moved away, careers, kids, etc. Kind of sucks but that's growing up I guess.
How are y'all close if you guys live far away from each other?

How are y'all close if you guys live far away from each other?

I've known them all for at least 15 years, we catch up whenever they're in town, meet for weekends away, talk shit on a WhatsApp group, etc. You can still stay close with people even if you live in different places.

Yes but every year it's get harder and harder to maintain friendships. It seems nobody ever wants to do anything, or they've got kids. I'm that married guy who never had kids so I'm left out of a lot circles and social functions.
Why are you left out of a lot of circles and social functions? One of my best friends has a kid now (I don't have kids) but he still finds time to get away from time to time thanks to a sitter and we still hang out from time to time. Even when he'd have birthday parties for his kid and I'd go to those, even though 75 percent of the people there had kids themselves. He'd still have gatherings for events (like the Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, etc) at his house... kids around, but I'd still go and have a good time there.

Do your friends just do things that center around their kids and assume you want nothing to do with it? Do your friends never get alone time to hang out? I'm genuinely curious.

Who needs friends when you have a

GARAGE

woot woot ya ya

I got a garage

I got a garage

Look at my tools

look at my tools

Why are you left out of a lot of circles and social functions? One of my best friends has a kid now (I don't have kids) but he still finds time to get away from time to time thanks to a sitter and we still hang out from time to time. Even when he'd have birthday parties for his kid and I'd go to those, even though 75 percent of the people there had kids themselves. He'd still have gatherings for events (like the Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, etc) at his house... kids around, but I'd still go and have a good time there.

Do your friends just do things that center around their kids and assume you want nothing to do with it? Do your friends never get alone time to hang out? I'm genuinely curious.

I get left out of the family/friend trips with kids, ballgames, camping, stuff like that. They also have kids sporting events I obviously don't attend. A lot of my buddies Wives don't really like me because of how I acted in my twenties, I think they still believe I'm the same guy.

I get left out of the family/friend trips with kids, ballgames, camping, stuff like that. They also have kids sporting events I obviously don't attend. A lot of my buddies Wives don't really like me because of how I acted in my twenties, I think they still believe I'm the same guy.
Gotcha, that sucks that they feel as though you shouldn't be included but it sounds like the wives have their minds made up.

Ultimately some of your friends might be jealous that you don't have kids holding you back. I know that when I talk about sleeping in, playing video games for hours on end on the weekend, taking trips every two months, etc.. I get the "must be nice" or "I remember those days" lines from some friends and other people I know with kids.

It is nice lol. I'm going to be 39 next month and I've never really wanted kids. Now that I'm almost 40 I'm okay with that never happening. The gf is 37 and really isn't sure at this point if she wants kids, she always tells me that if we don't, she wants to take European trips every year and do all these different things, buy this that and the other. Sounds like a fine trade off to me.

I have moved around a lot, so I don't have many childhood friends. But mainly just some of the people I study alongside.

Back