Do you often sense people in public looking at you then.......

giphy.gif

TS, are you hideous? If so, I think I just solved the case.

When people look at you their eyeballs are bombarding you with photons. Photons are subatomic particles purported to have zero mass yet they carry momentum and exert pressure when they hit a surface

So yeah, it’s likely that you can literally feel someone staring at you

Dude I'm no eye scientist but I'm like 96% sure what you just said is absolute nonsense lol

Dude I'm no eye scientist but I'm like 96% sure what you just said is absolute nonsense lol

The retina can emit light (photons) via the process of fluorescence (an object emitting light after previously absorbing it)

https://www.columbiaeye.org/about-u...s-natural-fluorescent-light-measure-and-treat

“We can use autofluorescence emission to image the retina and see certain features of it,” said Dr. Sparrow, the Anthony Donn Professor of Ophthalmic Science in the departments of Ophthalmology, and Pathology & Cell Biology. “As we’re looking at an image, we can get an idea if there is ongoing disease. We can also monitor changes over time.”

Most objects in the environment are visible because they reflect, as opposed to emit, light. However, the retina—which exists within the eye’s back wall, known as the fundus—can generate its own fluorescence.

The retina is composed of layers of cells. The deepest layer is called the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE), and the cells in this layer contain fluorescent compounds. When a blue light from a confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope excites the fundus, and in doing so, the retina, it triggers the compounds embedded in the RPE, resulting in the emission of a golden fluorescence.​

There's also evidence that photons may originate in the eyes organically

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21034725
Spontaneous and visible light-induced ultraweak photon emission from rat eyes.
Wang C1, Bókkon I, Dai J, Antal I.
Author information

Abstract
Here, we present the first experimental in vitro evidence of the existence of spontaneous and visible light-induced ultraweak photon emission from freshly isolated whole eye, lens, vitreous humor, and retina samples from rats. These results suggest that the photochemical source of retinal discrete noise, as well as retinal phosphenes, may originate from natural bioluminescent photons within the eyes. During normal vision, the eyes are continuously exposed to ambient powerful photons that pass through various parts of the eyes, which can produce ultraweak delayed bioluminescent photons that arise from diverse parts of the eyes. Although the importance and possible role of ambient light-induced permanent delayed photons (within different parts of the eyes) during vision requires further investigation, our study may provide evidence of an origin of discrete dark noise and retinal phosphenes.​

The retina can emit light (photons) via the process of fluorescence (an object emitting light after previously absorbing it)

https://www.columbiaeye.org/about-us/news-and-events/science-insight-using-retina’s-natural-fluorescent-light-measure-and-treat

“We can use autofluorescence emission to image the retina and see certain features of it,” said Dr. Sparrow, the Anthony Donn Professor of Ophthalmic Science in the departments of Ophthalmology, and Pathology & Cell Biology. “As we’re looking at an image, we can get an idea if there is ongoing disease. We can also monitor changes over time.”

Most objects in the environment are visible because they reflect, as opposed to emit, light. However, the retina—which exists within the eye’s back wall, known as the fundus—can generate its own fluorescence.

The retina is composed of layers of cells. The deepest layer is called the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE), and the cells in this layer contain fluorescent compounds. When a blue light from a confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope excites the fundus, and in doing so, the retina, it triggers the compounds embedded in the RPE, resulting in the emission of a golden fluorescence.​

There's also evidence that photons may originate in the eyes organically

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21034725
Spontaneous and visible light-induced ultraweak photon emission from rat eyes.
Wang C1, Bókkon I, Dai J, Antal I.
Author information

Abstract
Here, we present the first experimental in vitro evidence of the existence of spontaneous and visible light-induced ultraweak photon emission from freshly isolated whole eye, lens, vitreous humor, and retina samples from rats. These results suggest that the photochemical source of retinal discrete noise, as well as retinal phosphenes, may originate from natural bioluminescent photons within the eyes. During normal vision, the eyes are continuously exposed to ambient powerful photons that pass through various parts of the eyes, which can produce ultraweak delayed bioluminescent photons that arise from diverse parts of the eyes. Although the importance and possible role of ambient light-induced permanent delayed photons (within different parts of the eyes) during vision requires further investigation, our study may provide evidence of an origin of discrete dark noise and retinal phosphenes.​

so if you think you can feel eyes looking at you due to it emitting photos via fluorescence, can you feel a orange vest?
v73859-tingleyf_01.jpg

so if you think you can feel eyes looking at you due to it emitting photos via fluorescence, can you feel a orange vest?
v73859-tingleyf_01.jpg
Um yeah, if I'm looking at it. That feeling is called vision

my eyes got the most photons tbh idk anyone with as many photons

How can I sense
pho·ton
/ˈfōtän/
noun
PHYSICS
  1. a particle representing a quantum of light or other electromagnetic radiation. A photon carries energy proportional to the radiation frequency but has zero rest mass.
hitting me from refracting light and yet won't realize when someone's tapping my shoulder every once and awhile

They’re thinking “what a dork” then they quickly look away thinking “I cant let that dork see me”

you're feeling vision? are you sure your vision isn't just you perceiving external stimuli in this sense light?
Lemme tell you how you feelin right now

If someone smashes a brick on my face my senses are perceiving external stimuli and yes I can feel the pain

Lemme tell you how you feelin right now

If someone smashes a brick on my face my senses are perceiving external stimuli and yes I can feel the pain
If I fart around you are you feeling my fart? or are you smelling it? could maybe feeling on deal with one sense? like touch? and used in another way in english to express emotion?

so photons= brick?
No?

If I fart around you are you feeling my fart? or are you smelling it? could maybe feeling on deal with one sense? like touch? and used in another way in english to express emotion?
Photons carry momentum and exert pressure on the surface of the object they hit. You've never felt sunlight?

No?

Photons carry momentum and exert pressure on the surface of the object they hit. You've never felt sunlight?
I've felt heat from the sun because it is a ball of fire, but i guarantee you can't feel a laser pointer on the back of your head.

I've felt heat from the sun because it is a ball of fire, but i guarantee you can't feel a laser pointer on the back of your head.
Right, the sensation of feeling is relative to the amount of photons being felt. But the statement that you can feel photons is not controversial at all. If the protein molecules in your retinas' photoreceptor cells didn't feel photons hitting them then they wouldn't send signals to your cells and you wouldn't be able to see shit

Some chick keeps doing this to me at work. I almost feel like she wants me too approach, but we're unizioned and I don't want any problems.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back