Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
been playing bass and guitar in bands since i was about 13 or 14. slowly taught myself piano ,drums. I always liked singing and screaming on the mic when i could. Recorded a few different times, even help engineer and produce some stuff on a amature level. good times.

A tribute to Buckethead I recorded last night, very short but was listening to Colma and felt inspired.

I used to play in a band. I am currently writing music and will be sending it to my drummer in LA so he can play over my recorded guitar. So I don't know which category I am in.

Play bass and drums for the most part. Decent on piano and just basic on guitar. Played 8n 5 bands throughout my life, and have a recording "studio" at my house.

I would consider myself a failed mysician, who now just enjoys it too much to let it go lol

Have been playing drums for 19 years, have found myself playing extreme metal for roughly the last 11 of those. Have recorded a few albums with a previous band and have a few other projects in the formative stages.

It's something that stays with you for life, it seems. It's just a part of me now and even though there are those who are more active than I am, I'm always thinking rhythms and hearing music in my head. It's a part of me.

I played in a couple punk bands, wrote and play guitar.

I can pay the bass and the drums a little. I have a bunch of keyboards and drum machines. Several different delay and effect pedals, a kaossilator mini, and a P.A. There's tons of great synth and drum machine apps for ipads also.

I make a basic beat record it, and loop it. Then I make lots of backing tracks where I solo over top of it, than I mix and master it all on the computer.

A mix of ambient, dub, hip-hop, jazz, rock, psychadelic, classical, indie and electronic music all mixed together into one long instrumental jam.

Full-time, professional Nordic and Celtic fiddler performer and teacher.

Cool, I got to see Ashley MacIsaac last year in a small church that was converted into a brewery/bar.

It was really good, he can really fiddle it up.

I sing and play guitar, here's a poorly recorded live david bowie cover

I used to play ryhtm guitar in a beginning coverband that played mostly punk and simple hardrock tunes.

I would like to start some extreme metal stuff, but work and life in general gets in the way...so I don't play much anymore...

Nice stuff so far...
Yeah, play guitar/bass/drums/keyboards/vox and mess around with electronic stuff. I have a youtube channel called Grim Necrotica Recordings with a few more projects in the works as we speak:

Just uploaded this, my daughter didn't make it to birth so I guess i grieved the best way I know how.

Any requests? That isn't SUPER christian/country?
I need to think about that. Let me get back to you.

I don't know what notes you can hit, and I don't know if all songs have an acoustic guitar way to play the song?

Richard Marx-Take This Heart (I always liked that one)

Randy Houser-How Country Feels

Josh Turner-Me and God

Sammy Kershaw-Queen of my double wide trailer

Dan Seals-Bop

Randy Travis-Forever and Ever Amen

Randy Travis-Deeper than the Holler

Brooks and Dunn-Neon Moon

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to think about that. Let me get back to you.

I don't know what notes you can hit, and I don't know if all songs have an acoustic guitar way to play the song?

Richard Marx-Take This Heart (I always liked that one)

Randy Houser-How Country Feels

Josh Turner-Me and God

Sammy Kershaw-Queen of my double wide trailer

Dan Seals-Bop

Randy Travis-Forever and Ever Amen

Randy Travis-Deeper than the Holler

Brooks and Dunn-Neon Moon

So...anything not country? *hint hint* Lol. I can do Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash because they dont suck like everyone else.

Yes I do

I've posted several things on sherdog over the years.

Back