Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
Nope.

I enjoy art made by other people in various different forms, but for some reason I've always been put off from creating something of my own. I'm quite literally afraid of it actually. I think it has a lot to do with the combination of an extremely low self-esteem and the tendancy to set unrealistically high criteria for anything I do in life, which almost always leads to not even trying.

FML.

Nope.

I enjoy art made by other people in various different forms, but for some reason I've always been put off from creating something of my own. I'm quite literally afraid of it actually. I think it has a lot to do with the combination of an extremely low self-esteem and the tendancy to set unrealistically high criteria for anything I do in life, which almost always leads to not even trying.

FML.
just do it for fun bro.

I've been screwing around making music for about 20 years now. From editing midis back as a highschooler to this latest track I wrote/produced over the past couple days:

If you prefer a Youtube link:

Anyone want to sing over stuff like this ? I'm looking into working with a singer.

Played music for many years. Pretty hard on myself generally, so I don't really show people much, but here's what I have put out there for folks to check out. All of this is entirely made by me in my bedroom. All (kinda) different styles:

I listened to Walking Stick, actually not the kind of sound I expected from the description but it was a happy accident as what I did hear is right up a couple/few of my many alleys (and moreso than I would have expected based on the description).

Really good track, man.

Full-time, professional Nordic and Celtic fiddler performer and teacher.

My first introduction to Celtic music (in any way that's had a real impact on me I guess) was the Final Fantasy Celtic Moon album ...

If anyone's not familiar, the makers of the Final Fantasy series hired a Celtic band to rearrange songs from Final Fantasy IV.

This is one of my favorites:

and for reference, the original soundtrack version of the original arrangement:

I play the guitar, keyboards and can somewhat play the drums rudimentary. I produce electronic music under the name of Morphine Machine since 2006, my first official release was back in 2009 called "The Alchemical Dream"

TheAlchemicalDream.jpg

http://morphinemachine.com/
<- That is my website. I mainly produce downtempo and ambient music with mainly ambient and dark ambient being my focus right now

This is a new track I been working on for my latest album that I have been working on. I am hoping to have the album finished by mid summer

I'm still catching up on the thread so apologies if you've discussed it, but have you continued work on that album ? For some reason the start of this track kinda threw me off but I am making my way through the whole thing now. I might have to challenge myself to do something more in the ambient / downtempo realm like this.

I started playing guitar in late 2012 so I could start making weird experimental music and joined my first band in early 2014, in about July of 2014 I had a bunch of mental health issues going on and my guitar playing fell apart so they kicked me out. After that I toiled away making crappy music in my house by myself until about mid 2015 when a close friend of mine started playing drums and we decided to start playing music together, we bought some recording equipment and now we write and record music together, I haven't written or recorded anything good enough to show the public yet but I'm trying.

Here's some poorly recorded junk I made last year if anyone wants to listen.

Well I think you should have more confidence in yourself. This was really well-played. Hopefully your recording equipment is better now :p

Cool to see this thread still going. I've seen a lot of talented people on here over the years, keep posting peeps.

I collect vintage drums, and belong to some vintage drum forums. I made a couple of quick videos of one of my vintage kits, to share with them. Just on my Iphone, just jamming out a bit, having fun.

I've been screwing around making music for about 20 years now. From editing midis back as a highschooler to this latest track I wrote/produced over the past couple days:

If you prefer a Youtube link:

Anyone want to sing over stuff like this ? I'm looking into working with a singer.

I liked that. Did you have lyrics penned for it, or anything?

Was just wondering. Didn't know if that was one of the reasons why you wanted a singer.

Lyric writing is a bitch, I find.

I've never really tried.

Just thinking vocals would really help tie it together.

I've been playing acoustic guitar for years, mostly for my own enjoyment. I was in a band when I was 16 but that was mostly just an attempt to impress chicks and get wasted. I decided I was going to learn to play piano recently, so I've just ordered an Alesis Recital from Amazon. I figure if I can learn a few chords and play a couple of Tom Waits songs it'll be good enough

Anyone here have a facebook page for their music? I was just wondering because I'm getting fed up with facebook basically forcing me to pay them money in order to boost my page so more people can view it. I find that shit to be fucking extortion

I listened to Walking Stick, actually not the kind of sound I expected from the description but it was a happy accident as what I did hear is right up a couple/few of my many alleys (and moreso than I would have expected based on the description).

Really good track, man.
Thank you. That track is actually a couple years old and I just recently found it on my hard drive and decided that I liked it enough to share.

Wrote another new song the past couple days:

Will update with a Youtube link later, haven't uploaded there yet

I have been making music on my computer since 1995. Mostly Electronic music.

Its not a job. Just a hobby i enjoy doing.
Yep me too, im mad into my metal, went to see trivium the other night, but i am from a different era, and have a huge collection of late 80, early 90s detroit techno, and old school electro, and i when i have time mess around and ,make electronic music on my PC, i just use reason now and VST lug ins and cubase, as thats always been the go to..
i just do it for fun, and its just a thing myself and friend did back in the day..

I try and do stuff like dopplereffekt, as i just love this shit...
If einstein and kraftwerk had a baby....

Back