Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
Wrote another new song the past couple days:

Will update with a Youtube link later, haven't uploaded there yet

Well I remixed this track before I uploaded the original to Youtube. Good news is I'm uploading this remix to Youtube as I write this (while the original finishes processing ... I'll link both those later).

And really I think "remix" undersells it ... I wouldn't have realized these are different arrangements of one another just from hearing them, I dunno.

But I took a downtempo electronica jam and turned it into an electro industrial rock song:

edit/update:
Got them both on Youtube now:

electro industrial rock

downtempo electronica

Last edited:
Well I remixed this track before I uploaded the original to Youtube. Good news is I'm uploading this remix to Youtube as I write this (while the original finishes processing ... I'll link both those later).

And really I think "remix" undersells it ... I wouldn't have realized these are different arrangements of one another just from hearing them, I dunno.

But I took a downtempo electronica jam and turned it into an electro industrial rock song:

edit/update:
Got them both on Youtube now:

electro industrial rock

downtempo electronica

I could actually use both a singer and maybe a drummer if anyone's interested in getting in on stuff like this, or any of the types of stuff on my Soundcloud there

I could actually use both a singer and maybe a drummer if anyone's interested in getting in on stuff like this, or any of the types of stuff on my Soundcloud there

Singer-wise, i'd happily give it a shot.

Latest (very very shitty) cover, uploaded a few minutes ago.

Bah, did not turn out how I was hoping.

Ah well.

I produce electro hip hop and breakbeat, house and some industrial influenced stuff...

peace love & Drums is an hour long DJ Mix styled album, all songs were produced as a mixed album.

Master your Craft is a very aggressive experimental industrial trip...

A Murder of Bass is straight dubstep...

I also create and build my own musical instruments in Reaktor.

I just remastered three of my old tracks

Here's one (I'd call it EBM / synthpop / trance / maybe EDM):

And the earlier upload from over two years ago:

And here are the other two remasters (earlier versions also still uploaded, not sure if I'm gonna keep em up, but you can head to my page if you want to check 'em out)

(no real genre on this, hard to say)

(maybe kinda new wave-ish, electronic rock, idk)

Been playing guitar for a little over 10 years, mostly just covering songs I like. But I started writing my own material a few months ago and just uploaded some tracks last week. It's nothing amazing, but feel free to listen if you'd like to feel a little better about your own music ability. Plus my play count is laughable, so tell your friends.

http://soundcloud.com/user-545217388

It's hard to place my own music into a genre, I guess I'd say it has a folk feel to it.

Been playing guitar for a little over 10 years, mostly just covering songs I like. But I started writing my own material a few months ago and just uploaded some tracks last week. It's nothing amazing, but feel free to listen if you'd like to feel a little better about your own music ability. Plus my play count is laughable, so tell your friends.

http://soundcloud.com/user-545217388

It's hard to place my own music into a genre, I guess I'd say it has a folk feel to it.

I like it. Nice and mellow feel.

And I would agree, folk/singer-songwriter is probably the most accurate genre to put it in, if you wanna assign a label.

The guitar melody on Maps is my favourite so far.

I like it. Nice and mellow feel.

And I would agree, folk/singer-songwriter is probably the most accurate genre to put it in, if you wanna assign a label.

The guitar melody on Maps is my favourite so far.
Oh damn someone actually listened? You're now my favorite sherdog poster.

And thanks a lot, Maps was the first song I ever wrote. I've got another that I just started writing, hopefully I can finish it up and record soon. Thanks for listening friend

Oh damn someone actually listened? You're now my favorite sherdog poster.

And thanks a lot, Maps was the first song I ever wrote. I've got another that I just started writing, hopefully I can finish it up and record soon. Thanks for listening friend

No problem at all, I like hearing things that Sherbros have recorded. Hope you can get a new one finished up and recorded too, best of luck to ya.

Post it when you have!

It's been a long time but finally back into making music, took a 6 month hiatus.

Cool to see this thread still going. I've seen a lot of talented people on here over the years, keep posting peeps.

I collect vintage drums, and belong to some vintage drum forums. I made a couple of quick videos of one of my vintage kits, to share with them. Just on my Iphone, just jamming out a bit, having fun.

These are funky! I'm feeling them.

Me and two of my friends used to be in a Grindcore band, they played guitar and drums while I did the vocals. We had like 6 songs written and were just about to record our first demo...but then we just stopped for no apparent reason. I'd like to get the boys back together but I'm pretty sure our guitarist had a mental breakdown.

These are funky! I'm feeling them.

image.gif

Me and two of my friends used to be in a Grindcore band, they played guitar and drums while I did the vocals. We had like 6 songs written and were just about to record our first demo...but then we just stopped for no apparent reason. I'd like to get the boys back together but I'm pretty sure our guitarist had a mental breakdown.

The most metal breakdown of all!

Too harsh?

Good!

I think you should get the boys back together though. Hopefully your guitarist is doing better, I certainly find playing music very therapeutic.
It would be nice to finally record our demo, I don't think I even have the lyric sheets anymore lol but we play Grindcore, I'd be screaming incoherently anyways.

Back