Do you push cars on the freeway?

How much money do you think the world has to implement this fuckin idea :eek:

I'll never tailgate. The argument you're making is that you'll be safer once you pass, but in truth you would be safer just to be patient and wait for the right opportunity to pass. Everyone understands the frustration of someone blocking flow in the passing lane. Just as everyone understands the frustration of being tailgated. It only takes one person to lose their cool and extremely brake check your ass, so why take that risk?

Also, you said you were forced to make that decision, and I don't see why. If you're the only car parallel to the truck, I would understand the risk of him not seeing you. But if there are multiple cars in that lane, there's not much risk there. It basically comes down to you feeling uncomfortable being next to the truck (which in fairness a lot of people are) and making a risky decision to relieve that feeling.

No. I'm far too skilled a driver to ever find myself in a situation like that. If a guy is boxing you in like that, it means you've already annoyed him and he's fucking with you. I would have already passed him long before he realized I was even there. In my province you can pass on the inside though, which helps immensely when dealing with fast lane jerkoffs.

80-image_4f5e94020e72ef915938d90689f25041b1a3e711.jpeg

this is probably cheaper and just as effective

@Kanuck99

probably shouldnt ride up on people like that

I dont know how others react but if I got someone so close to me I cant see their tires , grill and lights I tend to push the break pedal through the floorboards
That's called brake checking and is considered to be illegal, just like tail gating. I asked a cop friend about this one time.

That's called brake checking and is considered to be illegal, just like tail gating. I asked a cop friend about this one time.

Break checking is for one lane roads when you get tailgated doing the speed limit. Its not for the freeway. You are putting yourself in too much danger. If you wanna break check and his breaks dont work, the only one getting fucked up is you

Shit you didnt see that deer run out into the road ?

I
We need a vertical highway system. Instead of a travel and passing lane have a slow lane on the ground and have an express lane raised above it like a bridge. Think like a high speed rail. The cargo trucks and 18 wheelers can use the ground highway and the raised highway will be open to quicker travel as there will be no trucks to cause a disruption.

Get Elon

And there would still be people who think, since they are going 66 in a 65, that they should be in the express lane. I see it almost daily

No driving to close to the car in front of you is super dangerous more so than speeding.
I am from Germany so we have the Autobahn which is often 2 or 3 lanes.
Speeding in Germany is not all that bad from a punishment perspective but if you drive to close to the other car on purpose you are in a lot of trouble.

You can even get charged with the German version of coercion in extreme case with 3 years in prison.
And rightfully so because that is so dangerous not just for you but the other car as well.

You'd be safer ahead of it I think

You can't get ahead of it by getting closer to it. When vehicles get closer to me, I slow down. Being alongside a semi is one of the few times that it is possible to maintain a safe distance without some idiot filling that space.

Let me guess, it was Prius?

I don't do it, but from time to time I'll get a little close just to let them know so hopefully they can merge to the next lane. It's just not worth it, especially if you have a family. My road raging days are over. Yes I still make comment in the car and my raise my voice from time to time, but I'm trying to eliminate that all together especially when I have my toddler in the car.

On the otherhand drivers need to learn more ettique on the road. California is filled with bad drivers. The worse are the weekend warrior drivers. Commuters usually know whats up.

no, I don't. I live in South Florida where people shoot each other for less.... just kidding I ride their asses and give them the finger

probably shouldnt ride up on people like that

I dont know how others react but if I got someone so close to me I cant see their tires , grill and lights I tend to push the break pedal through the floorboards

I rarely do this because it's super dangerous. That said, the other night, I was actively passing cars in the far left lane, probably doing about 15 over the limit when some douchebag in an Audi flew right up to my bumper and sat there. Midnight, and I couldn't see their headlights in my rearview. After a solid minute of this dude trying to lick my asshole, I slammed on my brakes. Smoke, screeching, the whole deal.

He stayed behind me for the next 10 miles. At a safe following distance.

I rarely do this because it's super dangerous. That said, the other night, I was actively passing cars in the far left lane, probably doing about 15 over the limit when some douchebag in an Audi flew right up to my bumper and sat there. Midnight, and I couldn't see their headlights in my rearview. After a solid minute of this dude trying to lick my asshole, I slammed on my brakes. Smoke, screeching, the whole deal.

He stayed behind me for the next 10 miles. At a safe following distance.

Ya never know when a kid or animal will dart out into the road :)

I bet that guy had the nerve to think you were the asshole in the situation .

While I dont want anyone to actually get hurt its a shame that audi wasnt totaled

nah it works wonders and I havent been hit

Dont be an asshole and tailgate people and you wont have problems like that
Sounds like you're the asshole that drives slow in the fast lane refusing to move over for other people and jamming on the brakes to try to kill someone. Just move over dickhead.

I do it too just to have some fun with whatever nerd raging behind me thought it was a good idea to drive 6 feet behind somebody on the highway.
Either casually slowing a little, or a tap of the brakes, then you get to watch them yelling to nobody in your rear view mirror.

nah it works wonders and I havent been hit

Dont be an asshole and tailgate people and you wont have problems like that

If it's at night I high beam them and that should do the trick. But if it doesn't work or they purposely start breaking, I just take it easy and not push it any further into a stupid gung ho kind of thing.

Back