Do you remember? Hold grudges?

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lately Im realizing I remember certain things about people for a long time.

Example. There is a guy at my work. One day 4 years ago he got in to an argument with another worker about driving too fast in the parking lot.

This happened 4 years ago but even today every time I see him I think back to that argument.

Another guy at my work Ive known for years. Back when I first started he made a comment to me one day about making a contractor wait for him in a cold room in the winter. He wasnt happy about it. I was mad because its not my fault their heater was broken at the time. Even though weve had 1000 conversations since then I always think of it when i see him.

Last year my sister and I got in to a fight about politics. Every time Ive seen her since I think about that argument.

Today someone emailed me. I was suppose to meet this person 2 years ago but when we set up the meeting they never answered back. Today I emailed them back letting them know I would not meet with them because 2 years ago they didnt answer back after we set up a meeting. I highly doubt they have any memory of it but I keep mental notes of everything.

Does anyone else remember/hold on to things that may have bothered you, forever?

It's one thing to remember, another to hold on to it. I remember my babysitter locking me in the closet as a kid but do I give a fuck about it now? No, that's insane.

I thought we were gonna do Earth, Wind, & Fire lyrics!

Bottling up is no bueno. Work on that.

giphy.gif

I am a small and petty man trapped inside the body of a large and petty man.

Remembering/ taking note of betrayals or sketchy behavior is normal and healthy. Marinating in those memories is not.
The arguments you're listing TS seem pretty unhealthy to hold onto. Let those go.

I remember enough about people to ask you if you asked out elf ears.

@sleepwalk dad wants to fight DDP from something that happened 20 years ago

Do you ever get asked about stuff that happened ages ago and you remember every detail but pretend you cant remember just to seem normal?

Sometimes Ill act like I forgot something because im almost embarrassed to remember so much about certain things.

I wonder if everyone does that

I cant stay mad. I find it takes a lot of energy from me. Im way too easy going.

Yes. I will stop being angry or upset about it, but if you hurt me i will remember it and hold it against you basically forever.

I try not to anymore, I used to hold grudges forever but I realized it never gets you anywhere.

Christ, yes. Without grudges, there is no opportunity or satisfaction to be obtained through revenge. Revenge is one of THE greatest things in life.

I have a long list of people that should hope that I'm never told that I have a terminal illness.

Back