Do you remember? Hold grudges?

Remembering/ taking note of betrayals or sketchy behavior is normal and healthy. Marinating in those memories is not.

That's why I prefer to kill them and dispose of their bodies.

Remember if it is worth remembering IE I know they are a liar or simply can't be trusted.

But generally I hold no ill will for longer than a month or two.

Lately Im realizing I remember certain things about people for a long time.

Example. There is a guy at my work. One day 4 years ago he got in to an argument with another worker about driving too fast in the parking lot.

This happened 4 years ago but even today every time I see him I think back to that argument.

Another guy at my work Ive known for years. Back when I first started he made a comment to me one day about making a contractor wait for him in a cold room in the winter. He wasnt happy about it. I was mad because its not my fault their heater was broken at the time. Even though weve had 1000 conversations since then I always think of it when i see him.

Last year my sister and I got in to a fight about politics. Every time Ive seen her since I think about that argument.

Today someone emailed me. I was suppose to meet this person 2 years ago but when we set up the meeting they never answered back. Today I emailed them back letting them know I would not meet with them because 2 years ago they didnt answer back after we set up a meeting. I highly doubt they have any memory of it but I keep mental notes of everything.

Does anyone else remember/hold on to things that may have bothered you, forever?

this part make no sense.

you say "he was not happy about it"??

Then why did he make the guy (contractor) wait in a cold room?

WTF?

I don’t have the disk space in my brain to remember all of the people I have argued with. But I do hold grudges for noteworthy shit. And I hold them forever.

TS holds a grudge against 7 minute abs because it took him 8mins.

<puh-lease75><{cum@me}>

Yea. I'm the type of person that will fuck you over if given the chance, just because you wronged me one time 10 years ago.

Not really. You have to have really fucked up for me to hold on to a grudge. Certainly not about the trivial things in the OP

Not really. Not for very long anyway.

Holding on to your salty emotions actually takes a lot of effort and for the most part I can't be bothered.

I have to say though my unwillingness to stay pissed off has a few times resulted in me giving people chances that ended badly.

I don't hold grudges, my dad held a lot of grudges. I have always held that against him.

I don't hold grudges, my dad held a lot of grudges. I have always held that against him.

Yes, and I see absolutely no good reason to let go of a grudge, ever (assuming it's legitimate).

There are over 7 billion people in this horrible world. Fuck those that have proven themselves unworthy.

Last edited:
Lately Im realizing I remember certain things about people for a long time.

Example. There is a guy at my work. One day 4 years ago he got in to an argument with another worker about driving too fast in the parking lot.

This happened 4 years ago but even today every time I see him I think back to that argument.

Another guy at my work Ive known for years. Back when I first started he made a comment to me one day about making a contractor wait for him in a cold room in the winter. He wasnt happy about it. I was mad because its not my fault their heater was broken at the time. Even though weve had 1000 conversations since then I always think of it when i see him.

Last year my sister and I got in to a fight about politics. Every time Ive seen her since I think about that argument.

Today someone emailed me. I was suppose to meet this person 2 years ago but when we set up the meeting they never answered back. Today I emailed them back letting them know I would not meet with them because 2 years ago they didnt answer back after we set up a meeting. I highly doubt they have any memory of it but I keep mental notes of everything.

Does anyone else remember/hold on to things that may have bothered you, forever?
Yeah I remember and hold onto pretty much everything.

I think we all do to a certain extent. I hold grudges against people who treat others like shit. Theres a guy who I work with and he was being really rude and dismissive to a waiter at a cafe once for no reason, I judged him to be a dickhead purely on that and am always wary of him.

Yes, and I see absolutely no good reason to let go of a grudge, ever (assuming it's legitimate).

There are over 7 billion people in this horrible world. Fuck those that have proven themselves unworthy.
Pretty much this. Why deal with assholes?

Yes and no somethings I just brush off, but I hold a grudge against this mother fucker who use to pick on the when I was 14 (im 34 now) If I ever see him Im going to beat the ever living shit through him

Don't think I've forgotten about it, motherfucker. You're a dead man; you just don't know it yet.

Haven’t talked to my uncle in 20years for how he treated my family and grandmother, his mother, right before she died. Whenever we do a family trip to NY I make sure all the cousins know I don’t want him around me or my family. He’s never met my kids, he never will. My brother has tried a few times to give him the benefit of the doubt but it keeps blowing up in his face. It’s taken some time but my mother has accepted the fact that her brother is dead to us.

It's one of those things where I understand the ideas why it is better for me not to do but I still have difficulties stop doing.

Back