Do you root for fighters based on nationality?

Only one I root for is CCC because he's the greatest American there's been since Chael P.

I like when the fighter is from a small country and a victory can help the sport to grow there.

Sometimes it matters to me that a fighter is Canadian, sometimes it doesn't. No black and white rules to it.

If I don't know either fighter I'll probably start off rooting for the American. But it will change depending on what happens during a fight.

He is not Dutch he is Turkish who lives in Netherlands
haha no you misunderstood me-perhaps my fault for not clarifying. But, if a Mexican legally becomes a citizen of the usa we say he's American as well. Saki was born and raised in Netherlands...so while he doesn't have dutch ancestry, he is dutch by citizenship.

Born and raised in the USA and none of my favorite fighters are Americans. I also don’t root for any fighter based on what country they are from.

The 3% Irish in me makes me root for Mcgregor.

haha no you misunderstood me-perhaps my fault for not clarifying. But, if a Mexican legally becomes a citizen of the usa we say he's American as well. Saki was born and raised in Netherlands...so while he doesn't have dutch ancestry, he is dutch by citizenship.
Saki s father and mother is Turkish,and thats what makes him Turkish,citizenship is just sa piece of paper whats important is what blood you carry in veins

I do root for Russian guys, Kabib, Misha, alex Volkov. Fedor, Shlemenko and Koreskov in Bellator.
But my fav fighters are GSP, Silva, Hunt and Cerrone

I'm a child of Croatian immigrants. I'd be lying if I claimed that had nothing to do with my becoming a Miocic fan. BUT I wouldn't have stayed a Miocic fan if he turned out to be an asshole.

Sometimes, not always. I mostly root for Rus/Ukr/Blr fighters because they come up from some good fight companies here. If they have an exciting style, it is even easier for me to root for them, like Zabit, Khabib, Makhachev etc.

But sometimes we have not-so-exciting fighters like Omari Akhmedov.. Gasan Umalatov... Konstantine Erokhin... so I don't care for them guys.

I almost always root for the Scandinavian fighters. But I mostly have favorites and fighters who I like regardless of the nationality. Eg, I like Covington, lol.

Yes, I only root for American fighters. America-Fuck Yeah!! Also, Russian, Iranian and Venezuelan fighters should be sanctioned while Chinese fighters should have tariffs placed on them.

I'll generally support any Scottish fighters my favourite fighter is Demian Maia though. No Scottish fighters have went up against anyone i'm fond of though so i guess by default I support them.

Well, do you?

As someone from down under, I always root for Aussies but I know a lot of people (especially Americans) don't really root for fellow Muricanz. They usually root for people from their country of origin lol
I consider myself as a citizen of Earth. For me the persona and the real skill levels, fight IQ and heart are important. But I don't like fighters with big mouth as they usually lack of heart. Nationality is unimportant.

i like humble fighters and guys with good pure striking. For the most part. I reserve the right to like anyone though.

I care 0% about nationality when it comes to rooting for a fighter. I just like fighters with interesting or effective fighting styles.

Nope. More interested in their skill set and to a lesser extent their persona. If all else is equal, I'll root for a fighter who is less of a dick.

Back