Do you root for fighters based on nationality?

I'll always root for Englishmen and Germanic/Scandinavian fighters first otherwise I'm usually neautral.

If I have nothing else to base my opinion on, I'll root for, first; Canadians, then other members of the British Commonwealth, then Scandinavians, then Japanese, then other Asians, then Americans.

My next set of criteria decides who I'll root against. Most notably the dude with the long hair / pony tail / corn rows, and then dudes with bad tattoos. Like cheesy portraits, or a paragraph of text (who the hell wants to read that crap?!)

Saki s father and mother is Turkish,and thats what makes him Turkish,citizenship is just sa piece of paper whats important is what blood you carry in veins
Ehh bruhh i understand dna lol

No. Anyone who does is a lame cuck.

Can't stand fighters who don't speak very good English, though. If you're gonna live here, train here, compete here, and earn a paycheck here, then learn and speak the language.

I don't care for that shit at all. Hell, I've even rooted for opponents of people with my nationality.
It makes zero sense to me. It is not my achievement at all.

I'll root for the person based on their style and perhaps how they carry themselves in their sport. Not for what their nationality or whatever dumb shit.

It helps but it really depends on their fight style and personality. I typically like to see guys from lesser represented countries do well though.

No I root mostly based on how they fight and little bit based on how they act. I don't pay attention to nationality, but there are a ton of fighters from the US so it's nothing special to see an American fighter

Nope. Most of my favorite fighters are from the US.

I am a GSP fan so I guess that could be considered nationalistic but considering my favorite fighter's nickname was Captain America...

I root for fighters that entertain me. You can be the greatest of all time & from my hometown, but if you’re boring, I’ll be rooting for you to get KTFO.

Woodley is from my neck of the woods, but I can’t stand the guy

Not really... a lot of my favorite fighters are from a lot of different places, some don't even historically jive with my Polish nationality...

With all that said, I'll always cheer for the Polak when he/she is in the fight

Most of the time no. Sometimes it can help if I don't particularly care for either guy and have no idea who they are, but it's not high on my list.

I like Hunt, Whittaker and Hooker but didn't like Andrews, Te Huna or Kai Kara-France. So it matters more if you're exciting to me rather than where you're from.

Curious as to why you dislike Andrews or Te Huna ? Not elite fighters but can't see what's not to like about them.

Yeah I do sometimes. Not often. But I went full red white and blue with my forefather Dan Henderson against Micahel Bisping. Merica

I'll take notice of a Canadian fighter but it won't necessarily make me a fan of theirs.

Well, do you?

As someone from down under, I always root for Aussies but I know a lot of people (especially Americans) don't really root for fellow Muricanz. They usually root for people from their country of origin lol

To some extent I do root, I do have that sense of acknowledgement knowing this guy is fighting, competing, from my birth land, but if I know he's going a badass I know Nationalism can wait....

Nope.

If the fight style and personality are there, I'm a fan regardless of nationality.

I barely even root for fighters anymore. Just interested in watching fight history play out live.

I root for whoever I have money on if im betting.

Curious as to why you dislike Andrews or Te Huna ? Not elite fighters but can't see what's not to like about them.
I'm just don't really like the boxer/wrestler style. Sure it's effective but it's also pretty run-of-the-mill. Hunt, Whittaker and Hooker are all more diverse fighters and more exciting to watch. Don't get me wrong I would cheer for them most of the time but I picked against Te Huna when he fought Shogun and Marquardt who I'm a big fan of and also picked against Andrews when he fought Hall.

Back