Do you root for fighters based on nationality?

Si what if a fighter happened to be born in a similar geographical region as yourself?

That's RACIST.

I root for fighters based on their personality, abilities and fighting style regardless of nationality.

But if they're from Europe that's even better.

if a fighter is from a country with not a lot of MMA success, then usually yes. Very tough to break through if fighting isn't popular in a country.

The training available is usually weak compared to, for example, the US or Brazil. Not a lot of training partners and often not even a training schedule, but you arrange sessions via phone based on who's not busy. So it means more for a small country to get represented. Can create a boom.

It's why I consider Gus' and Conor's success as much tougher to achieve than if a fighter from a big camp does it. Lower expectations, a huge success is becoming ranked.

Well, do you?

As someone from down under, I always root for Aussies but I know a lot of people (especially Americans) don't really root for fellow Muricanz. They usually root for people from their country of origin lol
I always go for Aussies and guys from Poland, guys from my heritage

My favorite fighters are generally from both Americas, but yeah, I tend to root for my fellow Russians (and by Russians I mean Russians, not Dagestani etc).

I think I used to, years ago. At least it would be a factor for me, not so much anymore.

nope i go on colour, any shade lighter than chocolate is a nazi imo

Nope.

But got no issue with those who do.

Nope. Unlike team sports you can pick and choose who to root for based on what kinda person they are, their personality, and how they fight

Well, do you?

As someone from down under, I always root for Aussies but I know a lot of people (especially Americans) don't really root for fellow Muricanz. They usually root for people from their country of origin lol

I will root for an Aussie if I like them. (Fellow Aussie here) I have found myself rooting against alot of Brasilian fighters mainly because their personality rubs me the wrong way. The arrogance and excuse making tilts me all the time. I used to like Aldo untill the delusional whining after the Conor fight.

And when a Fighter tries to shove god/jesus down our throats after a fight that rubs me the wrong way as well. Not enough to lose me as a fan but enough to make me walk away from the TV in disguest.

I like Hunt, Whittaker and Hooker but didn't like Andrews, Te Huna or Kai Kara-France. So it matters more if you're exciting to me rather than where you're from.

What is it about Jake M you don’t like? Or do you like him?

I base it on tattoos. Anyone with tribal tattoos I root against. Anyone with pride or power relating to skin tone I root against. Anyone with their own name tattood on them I root against. It's been extremely accurate

Yes and no. Our local UFC boy Devin Clark has had a tough run he got a solid W at UFC 223.

devin-clark-ufc-223-1.jpg

But I enjoy many other fighters from many nationalities.

What is it about Jake M you don’t like? Or do you like him?
I'm indifferent to Jake. The only Australian born MMA guy I've ever really liked was G Sot, his BJJ was the shit especially his sweeps and transitions.

Not really, I root for polish fighters most of the time, but if theye were/would be matched against one of my favourite fighters like Tybura vs Werdum, I root for fereigners

I like Colby because he's a white nationalist

Back