Do you think Connor McDavid will reach 2000 points in his career?

Do you think Connor McDavid will reach 2000 points in his career?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's reaching a 1000 points in his career soon. In 616 games he has 927 career points. I'd say if he stays healthy and plays 1350 games in his career he'll break the 2000 point barrier.

Obviously Wayne Gretzky total career points record will never be broken. However can someone else break the 2000 points threshold. Only player to come close to it is Jaromir Jagr who played 1733 games and had 1921 total career points. Also played for 24 seasons in the NHL.

If McDavid can play about 20 seasons, he should be able to break the 2000 point barrier. He's only 27, I don't know if he even he's reached his prime yet. But again you never know with potential injuries. Knock on wood, hopefully he's injury free most of his career.

So do you think he'll do it?

licensed-image

Very possible, but only if he stays healthy and there is no lock outs or strikes. The other thing that could end up holding him back would be if the NHL reverts back to the clutch and grab era.

BTW, Jagr could have hit 2000 had he not left to play overseas for a couple years.

Very possible, but only if he stays healthy and there is no lock outs or strikes. The other thing that could end up holding him back would be if the NHL reverts back to the clutch and grab era.

BTW, Jagr could have hit 2000 had he not left to play overseas for a couple years.

That's true about lockouts and strikes. So we will see.

I think he has a good chance at doing it. Obviously health and longevity will play the biggest factor.

Jagr was losing interest at that point and didn't have much desire to be in the NHL. Taking a break was probably the best thing for him and ultimately may have allowed him to play longer. It's hard to say with these things. At the end of the day, he played 1733 games so I think he probably squeezed as much juice as he could have.

Jagr was losing interest at that point and didn't have much desire to be in the NHL. Taking a break was probably the best thing for him and ultimately may have allowed him to play longer. It's hard to say with these things. At the end of the day, he played 1733 games so I think he probably squeezed as much juice as he could have.
He's still playing lol. Dude is the energizer bunny.

Back