Do you think Conor Mcgregor's striking training for Floyd Mayweather bout will improve his MMA game?

Armored Saint

Douche
@Blue
Reaction score
Conor's shown some crisp damn hands in UFC (by MMA standards), let's be honest, fan or hater, his precision is great and he hits with venom, having sparred with big name boxers in prep for his Mayweather fight I reckon his hands will be a lot better, what are your opinions?

I think so. He already has good striking. Now all the added high-level boxing. Could be a bad idea to stand and bang with him.

It cant hurt.

Just as long as he keeps his unorthadox style and doesn't try and box 'traditionally' moving forward

Definitely. His hands were already impressive, now they could be the best in all of mma. But will the other aspects of his game deteriorate because of the single minded focus of a boxing camp?

By concentrating on training for Floyd he honed his strengths while also neglecting to address his weaknesses.

MMA is my favourite sport, but you can't deny the hand skills of boxers are light years ahead of MMA's.
By concentrating on training for Floyd he honed his strengths while also neglecting to address his weaknesses.

His biggest weakness was his cardio, I think preparing for a fight like this he'd have learnt to control himself a lot more.

MMA is my favourite sport, but you can't deny the hand skills of boxers are light years ahead of MMA's.

His biggest weakness was his cardio, I think preparing for a fight like this he'd have learnt to control himself a lot more.

His cardio was still a major issue vs Floyd. And it is safe to say that he spent no time on his TDD or ground game the entire time that he was training for Floyd.

Conor's shown some crisp damn hands in UFC (by MMA standards), let's be honest, fan or hater, his precision is great and he hits with venom, having sparred with big name boxers in prep for his Mayweather fight I reckon his hands will be a lot better, what are your opinions?

We can only hope...
Vo2h8S5.gif

His cardio was still a major issue vs Floyd.
Agreed, but he lasted longer than I expected him to, even if Mayweather threw rounds. Training for a fight like this must have been harder than training for multiple MMA fights combined that he's had in the past.

Agreed, but he lasted longer than I expected him to, even if Mayweather threw rounds. Training for a fight like this must have been harder than training for multiple MMA fights combined that he's had in the past.

Grappling takes a hell of a lot of energy.

What makes Conor dangerous in boxing & MMA is his slips & counters. In MMA, it's one of the best.

Probably not as much as some might think. Boxing is very specific. The footwork is different. The angles are different. The distance is different. Conor would have to abandon his normal stance and strategy to use much of what he learned.

He needs to work on his touchbutt. I havnt heard from his touchbutt master or seen any new beach training vids.

He focused so hard on training boxing and only boxing for so long now that he forgot everything he ever learned about mixed martial arts and is going to come out like Art Jimmerson or at best James Toney.

no man, don't you know that conor is garbage? like at everything?

he couldn't even beat floyd mayweather (who???)

Back