Do you think Conor Mcgregor's striking training for Floyd Mayweather bout will improve his MMA game?

Conor thought he had a punchers chance

I don't even think he did. If he did he would have thrown power punches instead of arm punches. Like i said before, the reason he didn't is because his poor power punching technique would get him countered, but it was still his only chance to hurt Floyd. Floyd was laughing at Conors punches

Conor's shown some crisp damn hands in UFC (by MMA standards), let's be honest, fan or hater, his precision is great and he hits with venom, having sparred with big name boxers in prep for his Mayweather fight I reckon his hands will be a lot better, what are your opinions?
Yes, but he will actually have to fight someone.

It cant hurt.

Just as long as he keeps his unorthadox style and doesn't try and box 'traditionally' moving forward

It absolutely can hurt. Boxing is not the same as MMA.

Probably not as much as some might think. Boxing is very specific. The footwork is different. The angles are different. The distance is different. Conor would have to abandon his normal stance and strategy to use much of what he learned.
Your over exaggerating a bit

How do you even train for that? Was legit watching the gif for a few times to comprehend how Floyd dodge them punches. I like how Conor acknowledged skill with that brief head movement up on his part.
Reflexes

After training in boxing for so long your body can adapt to wierd strange things it’s like a sixth sense sort
Of speak

Roy jones and Anderson Silva had godlike head movement in their primes because of their sharp senses

I think so. He already has good striking. Now all the added high-level boxing. Could be a bad idea to stand and bang with him.

not sure you watched the fight but his boxing looked like absolute shit in that fight. I hope he just uses kicks to set up his hands in MMA and use that approach.

An embarrassment for boxing in my opinion.

Only embarrassing part is that people were willing to pay more for the freak show nature of it than anything else. Not like boxing hasn't had sanctioned fights asking "who the hell authorized this?" before.

Conor is dangerous in boxing?

To who exactly?

He's 0-1
Against Floyd, who beats.......everyone.
He caught Floyd with a beautiful slip uppercut. A better connection might have Floyd on roller skates. Not many top boxers can land on Floyd. That's why Conor is dangerous.

Against Floyd, who beats.......everyone.
He caught Floyd with a beautiful slip uppercut. A better connection might have Floyd on roller skates. Not many top boxers can land on Floyd. That's why Conor is dangerous.

Losing to Floyd doesn't mean Conor is some elite boxer now.

The current crop of elite would absolutely destroy Conor and his non-existent cardio and defense.

We can only hope...
Vo2h8S5.gif

he would have caught a hard knee to the face in a real fight.....

How do you even train for that? Was legit watching the gif for a few times to comprehend how Floyd dodge them punches. I like how Conor acknowledged skill with that brief head movement up on his part.

I think by that point Conor Mcgregor was pretty gassed out. But it's still hilarious how Floyd casually ducks and rolls with little worry at all, pretty sloppy by Mayweather standard. He probably didn't give a shit.

Yeah, six months of training boxing and all the sparring will carry over to MMA for sure. With MMA gloves on he is already an amazing striker, should be a bit better now.

A little. Boxing and MMA striking is different but Conor probably learned some new techniques that he can use in the octagon. Conor was already the best striker so it doesn't matter much. His only weakness has always been his cardio and it wouldn't be bad if he improved his TDD more. I think his cardio will be a bit better. However his TDD will be the same at best.

Not really to my knowledge he just stood with his MMA coach instead of going to an acclaimed trainer no?

He didnt look particularly improved in his boxing match either.

he would have caught a hard knee to the face in a real fight.....

And have been paid $50 million less.

Who cares?

I think Conor's exploits in boxing will have fuck all effect on his MMA game.

Nice hands won't help him from preventing Ferguson choking his ass out.

Back