Do you think GSP looked at some tape of Whitmaker and said "I can't beat this guy."

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know he has health issues right now. If hes attributing his move to MW and his changed diet to bulk up to that weight for his health issues that is a legit reason to drop out from MW. Drop the title.

But it really screws Whitaker. A fight vs GSP would put Whitaker on the map. It would mean a big pay day for Whitaker. A fight he can definitely win. Whitaker loses big time here by not fighting GSP.

I'm upset GSP couldn't even muster up 1 defense. Or an attempt at a defense.

Colitis my arse (literally).

Incredibly convenient timing to inherit an illness.

I personally think that GSP came back just to win belts or make big fights. I don't think he ever considered defending anything.

I still believe that he will fight 3 times and it will be Bisping, Woodley and then Mcgregor.

I think GSP is the fucking man. He can and will do what he wants as he wants.

Personally I think he is more deserving of doing what ever he wants, way more than conor could ever lay claim too.

So many people on sherdog, including myself said he was just coming back for Bisping. Everyone else in the top 10 of MW scared him and he would drop the belt. GSP has a different excuse for everything underwhelming he accomplishes.

No, and I think it's pretty ridiculous to think this. It's like people claiming Stipe is shitting himself over Ngannou. You don't to that level with that mentality.

And in answer to TS - not necessarily Whittaker, but he looked at the entire MW top 5, and Woodley, and realised they'd be a challenge.

It is what it is, he saw what we all saw, Bisping was a false champ - took the easy dough and moved on.

It was a short term quick money grab.

They didn't care about defending or what comes next. Bisping and GSP just wanted to make that UFC 217 money and they did.

Now they have to carefully consider their next move. Neither guy ever planned on unifying with Bobby Knuckles.

I think GSP is the fucking man. He can and will do what he wants as he wants.

Personally I think he is more deserving of doing what ever he wants, way more than conor could ever lay claim too.
No GSP cannot do whatever he wants because he is not getting the Conor fight he desperately wants.

from a risk reward perspective it made little sense for GSP to take the fight.

Whittaker is difficult fight that brings nothing to the table money wise. Did like 150k when he headlined. Woodley does like twice that

I know he has health issues right now. If hes attributing his move to MW and his changed diet to bulk up to that weight for his health issues that is a legit reason to drop out from MW. Drop the title.

But it really screws Whitaker. A fight vs GSP would put Whitaker on the map. It would mean a big pay day for Whitaker. A fight he can definitely win. Whitaker loses big time here by not fighting GSP.

I'm upset GSP couldn't even muster up 1 defense. Or an attempt at a defense.

Colitis my arse (literally).

Incredibly convenient timing to inherit an illness.

So many people on sherdog, including myself said he was just coming back for Bisping. Everyone else in the top 10 of MW scared him and he would drop the belt. GSP has a different excuse for everything underwhelming he accomplishes.

And in answer to TS - not necessarily Whittaker, but he looked at the entire MW top 5, and Woodley, and realised they'd be a challenge.

It is what it is, he saw what we all saw, Bisping was a false champ - took the easy dough and moved on.

Now they have to carefully consider their next move. Neither guy ever planned on unifying with Bobby Knuckles.

The amount of sheer stupidity on Sherdog never ceases to amaze me.

So GSP isnt allowed to do EXACTLY what Conor has done.......smh

It was obvious GSP would not defend, there was no need for him to look at whittaker's or Woodley's footage, he already knew Bisping was his best chance of being a two division champion, plus the fight also made sense moneywise as Bisping is way more popular than any of those two.

I

I would berate Conor for the same shit

GSP was great back in the day.

But lets be realistic, he left for a reason.

This doesnt diminish his accolades but he didnt come back to face the current lions( ie Woodley) in mma.

He came back briefly for the easiest payday.

I think he saw that Guy and thought , this Guy Will bring me no money

Conor wasn't the first.

They brought Gus in who was coming off a loss to challenge Cormier for the belt. Gus was KTFO in his previous fight.

The UFC also brought in Randy Couture to challenge for the HW title even though Randy was KTFO in his last fight at LHW by Chuck.

Conor is not the first.

I even laughed at those who claimed GSPs gonna defend the belt from day one

But u gotta give props and respect for GSP to vacate immediately, I thought he's gonna milk it more

These are the exact same people complaining about Conor doing it.

Conor is a manipulative coward. GSP is a manipulative coward. There's no need to deflect. For over a year a large collection of us has been saying GSP would pull this exact BS, and that's the reason he shouldn't be given the shot in the first place. Look what happened.

Until they both even attempt to defend, their reigns have giant asterisks.

No.

He never planned to stay at mw in the first place. He just wanted an easy fight with Bisping and this was the perfect time, before a real contender took the strap.

Back