Do you think GSP looked at some tape of Whitmaker and said "I can't beat this guy."

I think GSP saw that Bisping was the MW champ and felt he was the only top guy he could beat so he took the opportunity. I don't think he ever intended at defending or fighting at MW again.

The last guy who went into the octagon thinking Bisping was an easy win was Rockhold. Bisping gets so little respect.

Anderson Silva almost finished Michael and ended up losing the fight. If not for a 2012 decision loss against Sonnen the Count would have gotten a title fight much sooner. Just maybe, he could have taken Anderson Silva out instead of Weidman. Maybe Bisping could have beaten Silva up like Chael did.

The UFC seemed to be protecting Bisping because he is the face of MMA in England. Bisping has also fought in Quebec three times and once in Toronto, going 3-1 in Canada! He's got a good crowd following in Canada and around the world. GSP could sit back and let Bisping sell the fight.

Canadian fans tuned in, English fans tuned in, American fans of two popular fighters tuned in. It was a great fight and people complain about the belt being held up? I knew all you kids would forget about Cain Velasquez and the UFC trying to gain the Mexican market.

GSP tools Woodley. Tyron isn't aggressive enough or versatile enough to outstrike GSP. It will look like Koscheck vs GSP. Pick version one or two or keep repeating Hendricks beat GSP in round one.

Georges St Pierre is the GOAT.

These are the exact same people complaining about Conor doing it.

Conor is a manipulative coward. GSP is a manipulative coward. There's no need to deflect. For over a year a large collection of us has been saying GSP would pull this exact BS, and that's the reason he shouldn't be given the shot in the first place. Look what happened.

Until they both even attempt to defend, their reigns have giant asterisks.

When are you buying the UFC and fixing all this?

The last guy who went into the octagon thinking Bisping was an easy win was Rockhold. Bisping gets so little respect.

Anderson Silva almost finished Michael and ended up losing the fight. If not for a 2012 decision loss against Sonnen the Count would have gotten a title fight much sooner. Just maybe, he could have taken Anderson Silva out instead of Weidman. Maybe Bisping could have beaten Silva up like Chael did.

The UFC seemed to be protecting Bisping because he is the face of MMA in England. Bisping has also fought in Quebec three times and once in Toronto, going 3-1 in Canada! He's got a good crowd following in Canada and around the world. GSP could sit back and let Bisping sell the fight.

Canadian fans tuned in, English fans tuned in, American fans of two popular fighters tuned in. It was a great fight and people complain about the belt being held up? I knew all you kids would forget about Cain Velasquez and the UFC trying to gain the Mexican market.

GSP tools Woodley. Tyron isn't aggressive enough or versatile enough to outstrike GSP. It will look like Koscheck vs GSP. Pick version one or two or keep repeating Hendricks beat GSP in round one.

Georges St Pierre is the GOAT.
Bisping is the Rodney Dangerfield of UFC. He does get no respect. Luke didn't respect his "pillow fists" and was promptly knocked out. He's a decent fighter. Not the best sure, but a solid fighter. He's an over achiever. His win over Luke will still be his best win of his entire career. He never got over the hump and beat guys like Wand, Chael, Vitor to get title shots in the past.

His victory over the Middleweight champion with the most wins in UFC history is all he needed and more. I didn't give him a chance in that fight.

He should be able to pick and choose who he wants to fight because he is over the hill.

GSP doesn't owe anyone anything

Except maybe Hendricks a rematch instead of retiring years ago lol

Whitetaker isnt that big, I'm sure GSP is ok with that.

But facing Luke, Jacare, Yoel or Chris is gonna kill him all night long.

GSP comes back after four years, goes up and fights a bigger guy whose cardio and TDD should be a nightmare for him, and finishes him to win the title, and your takeaway is that he's an opportunist, and you "called him on it."

MMA fans are the absolute worst.
Yup.

Anderson got praised when he went up and fought Forrest, an ex LHW champ coming off one of his worst losses. It is one of the biggest wins generally put forth when people are debating Anderson's GOAT resume.

Many of the same people criticized GSP harshly for not going up and 'testing himself' like Anderson did despite the fact that GSP fought tougher comp by staying in his division than Anderson did even in moving up.

So now GSP goes up and takes a far more relevant fight against a CURRENT MW champ who is on one of his best runs of his career and a far better win than Forrest was for Anderson and the same people have nothing but scorn for GSP. :oops:

GSP was great back in the day.

But lets be realistic, he left for a reason.

This doesnt diminish his accolades but he didnt come back to face the current lions( ie Woodley) in mma.

He came back briefly for the easiest payday.

LOL Woodley is a Lion. Not from what I have been watching. Ask GSP's little Brother about Woodley?

No.

More like it's suboptimal in terms of risk vs. reward.

Beating Whittaker = 40 percent chance at winning and average PPVs (for his usual range)
Beating Conor = 75 percent chance at winning and astounding PPVs

You can debate the exact numbers, but that's probably where his mental calculus was at any rate.
I feel like Conor's more dangerous with fast lethal accurate striking.

My opinion is his cardio wasn't very good at 185 and he wasn't as fast at 185 and he wants to move back down to 170.

He may have thought about defending, but after how he performed against Bisping thought moving back down to 170 is a better idea. He'll get over his collitis and fight the 170 lb champ.

On whether or not he is actually too sick to fight... he probably does have a diagnosis but it is very convenient and probably not severe.

nah, there is quite a difference between GSP and Conor, despite them both being gifted undeserved title shots and winning.

There's a difference, but that doesn't make the lesser instance good. It's still both manipulative and cowardly.

When are you buying the UFC and fixing all this?

Is this supposed to mean something or was this just a massive fail at an attempt to be clever? I honestly can't tell.

LOL Woodley is a Lion. Not from what I have been watching. Ask GSP's little Brother about Woodley?
Whos that?
Wonderboy? The guy that lost to Woodley twice? That dude?
Why ask. He lost. Twice.

Gsp has made it clear, he wants none of that.

I dont blame him.

Whos that?
Wonderboy? The guy that lost to Woodley twice? That dude?
Why ask. He lost. Twice.

Gsp has made it clear, he wants none of that.

I dont blame him.

GSP will come back in the next couple of months and beat this guy. Not only will he beat him he will beat him pretty easily. And this is a past prime GSP. UFC 100 GSP runs a 50-43 clinic on this dude.

I believe he literally shit himself... continuously..

I know he has health issues right now. If hes attributing his move to MW and his changed diet to bulk up to that weight for his health issues that is a legit reason to drop out from MW. Drop the title.

But it really screws Whitaker. A fight vs GSP would put Whitaker on the map. It would mean a big pay day for Whitaker. A fight he can definitely win. Whitaker loses big time here by not fighting GSP.

I'm upset GSP couldn't even muster up 1 defense. Or an attempt at a defense.
its not a defense. gsp coulnt even unify the belts. gsp was fighting bisbing while whittaker already has the interim belt.

At the end of the day he came back after a four year lay off and beat the middleweight champion. That is an incredible accomplishment. And he did not hold anyone up or anything up. Like the class act he is, he vacated. His next fight which I assume he will fight again, will be back at the normal class he always competed in. I don’t know why anyone has a problem with any of this?

Ducking Whitaker is entirely possible, but I see this as a case of legacy. He just wanted to come back and become a two division world champion. He was never gonna defend the belt.

Back