Do you think JJ deserves a rematch?

Cormier wont be around anymore if Jones returns.

Yeah definitely, it was a quick stoppage as JJ didn't tap

No rematch. Rose beat her way too easy. JJ needs at least one fight where she dominates to deserve another shot at the title.

The real question is if not JJ then who?

At best they should need to win one fight before a rematch if it was a clean finish.

But rankings mean shit :(

But who would Joanna fight? She's already beaten everyone in the division, not named rose...so who would she fight?

I think JJ is a disgusting bully but I think she definitely deserves an immediate rematch. She's been very dominant in the division. I think dominant champions should get an insta rematch.
Despite be dominant she is a sore loser and blames her weight for the loss. No b!tch ur face got knocked silly that's why you lost! She should have to earn the shot in a title ELIMINATOR fight

Only in rare instances should there be immediate rematches. I love jj and she deserves it as much as anyone but let her fight a contender then challenge...

I never know how to answer these, I eman what objective measure is there if any fighter deserves anything? The current UFC criteria seems to be 'will it seel?' and all other considerations go out the window.

I would say based on her record/longevity she does deserve a rematch but based on how the fight went down she doesn't. It was totally one sided and she had no answers for Rose, it could just be that was Rose on her best day, or it could be the old adage that styles make fights and Namajunes just has her number.

As an aside with the proliferation of titles and the increasing use of rematches following title bouts the UFC is moving towards being more like boxing - a sport they used to deride.

But who would Joanna fight? She's already beaten everyone in the division, not named rose...so who would she fight?
She hasn't fought Tecia Torres or Cynthia Calvilo or Felice Herrig and the list goes on...

I like Jedi and respect her reign, but....

xd8000.gif

Rose bodied her, straight up. Joanna should have to work her way back, as should anybody, after such a definitive loss.

Given what we saw, it's not even advantageous for her to fight Rose again immediately.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Any champ that has defended the belt that many times deserves a rematch.

She hasn't fought Tecia Torres or Cynthia Calvilo or Felice Herrig and the list goes on...

Yeah but in that scenario they might ruin another contenders claim. There again if they win then it enhances their rep all the more.

She should sit out for a year, then beat someone coming in for their UFC debut or maybe a vet ranked 25th and then demand a shot. AKA playbook works every time.

After a dominant champion like Aldo didn’t get a rematch, fu@k rematches regardless of past accomplishments. And fu@k WME.

Yeah but in that scenario they might ruin another contenders claim. There again if they win then it enhances their rep all the more.
Personally I want Rose vs Calvillo an Torres vs JJ. Winner vs Winner and Loser vs Loser and thats after Calvillo beats down Carla Esparza. I think Torres is the Perfect fight to see if JJ can handle someone with the fight IQ like her's cause honestly Torres has better fight game then Letourneau and Gadelha and KK and Andrade and Penne!!!

Personally I want Rose vs Calvillo an Torres vs JJ. Winner vs Winner and Loser vs Loser and thats after Calvillo beats down Carla Esparza. I think Torres is the Perfect fight to see if JJ can handle someone with the fight IQ like her's cause honestly Torres has better fight game then Letourneau and Gadelha and KK and Andrade and Penne!!!
Then why she was fighting mostly cans?

No. Throw away the key. JJ should stop trying to be a weight bully and just move up. I wonder if she admitted she tapped?

NO , that ugly bitch can go to invicta for all i care

After a dominant champion like Aldo didn’t get a rematch, fu@k rematches regardless of past accomplishments. And fu@k WME.
so dominant wow. NO. Divisions and their initial champions will never be legit until the original champion loses. No one gave a fuck about featherweight until conor showed up. No one gave a fuck about Bantamweight until dom got injured and barao was a god for a few fights. No one gives a fuck about flyweight unitl we see DJ lose. Dominance in a division that is untested and shallow is not the same a real dominance. And a division can only be legitimized by seeing the original champ get defeated.

IMO she deserves it do to that winstreak in this division, but given how she treated rose i don't blame rose at all for making it hard on her.

jj is a great fighter but she really treats people like shit lately, shouldn't expect anyone to do you favors when you act that way towards them.

I'm okay with either in this case. If she got blown up like aldo did i wouldn't feel she should get it, or lost like bisping i wouldn't feel she deserved it.

I'm still not sure she tapped tho, her obnoxious behavior makes me want to NOT give her any benefit of the doubt but it looked like she may have been knocked out for a second like fedor vs hendo, ive had concussions in basketball and i know how you can be lights out but then back online in 2 seconds. but i really don't know. maybe she tapped. that was just such a half ass tap if it was one...

i'm sure overeem would agree it was a tap though

Back