Do you think Joe Rogan regrets never giving MMA/UFC a chance?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As a fighter. I mean 15 years ago in 2003, when he was 35, had crazy time rolling with a who's who in MMA, taekwon do champion, but black belt, etc.

It was a weird cross road for him I imagine. He was making money from broadcasting, tv shows like fear factor etc.

I'm not saying Joe was going to go on some tear but back then drug tests were lax and he could have passed them, he could have had a fight or two.

It's too late now. I remember him calling out Wesley snipes. I think Joe admitted that much that he doesn't react well to getting hit in the face. He knows how dangerous it is, and at that point he was already making money from other ventures.

But I know he has a little regret.

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.

Joe Rogan talked about getting KTFO in TKD and realizing this shit wasn't for him and quitting.

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.

not sure if it's exactly how you put it, but i think there's a lot of truth in this. i remember rogan saying something along the lines of, "my hands are terrible", and how he was afraid of getting hit in the head out of fear of brain damage. the truth is probably that he was very bad with his hands, and knew he'd embarrass himself if he tried to become a pro fighter.

Anyone with a black-belt in BJJ, is NOT a "wannabe".

I still believe even current day Rogan can beat CM Punk though. Say what you want about CM Punk. He tried. Not only once but twice. 2 more times than Rogan ever tried. If Rogan wanted to try to fight many years ago, UFC would have set it up for him to fight some older traditional martial arts guy.

No, he doesn't regret not doing it. He openly admits he isnt a fighter. He can do moves, and he was good at TKD but that doesn't mean he had what it takes to be a fighter.

Joe Rogan talked about getting KTFO in TKD and realizing this shit wasn't for him and quitting.

it sure was for him when he was the one dishing out the knockouts. good that he knew his limitations.

I still believe even current day Rogan can beat CM Punk though. Say what you want about CM Punk. He tried. Not only once but twice. 2 more times than Rogan ever tried. If Rogan wanted to try to fight many years ago, UFC would have set it up for him to fight some older traditional martial arts guy.
CM Punk would KO Rogan dead.

He has been pretty vocal about worrying about the side affects of CTE from his days when he experimented with the idea of competing in kickboxing, which he called it quits pretty early. Considering how successful he is, I doubt it. Besides, contrary to popular belief, Joe has never claimed to be a fighter.

I think he is a coward, and is aware of this, so does not regret it.

Most in his situation would however.

Anyone with a black-belt in BJJ, is NOT a "wannabe".
How legit is that black belt? I want some footage. Do you think black belts are exclusive these days? You can practically buy them online. A real black belt has accolades and proof behind them. Just saying “I have a black belt” doesn’t mean you actually have a black belt.

He has been pretty vocal about worrying about the side affects of CTE from his days when he experimented with the idea of competing in kickboxing, which he called it quits pretty early. Considering how successful he is, I doubt it. Besides, contrary to popular belief, Joe has never claimed to be a fighter.

Wasn't it that he would never pass the drug test?

And worried about his brain but takes all sorts of drugs...

Lol.

I still think UFC should book a freak matchup between him and CM Punk. Have Punk call out Rogan for criticizing his lack of skills in the octagon when he himself never had the sack to even step in the cage. Eventually the UFC decides to book a fight between them. I think this would generate a lot of cool attention.

Can someone please post the gif of him getting sonned by Mark Coleman?

83fb87307eda383e92b4112f6183caff.gif

Last edited:
How legit is that black belt? I want some footage. Do you think black belts are exclusive these days? You can practically buy them online. A real black belt has accolades and proof behind them. Just saying “I have a black belt” doesn’t mean you actually have a black belt.
Pretty sure Eddie Bravo gave him his black-belt. If so, it's legit.

Does he regret it? Only in front of people he's trying to impress.

I sure as hell regret not seeing him being knocked unconscious.

Pretty sure Eddie Bravo gave him his black-belt. If so, it's legit.
No, it’s not legit unless we see him grapple. Wher s the footage? Unless you have footage you’re literally basing his BJJ skills off the fact that someone he is close to gave him a belt. Just because you have the belt doesn’t mean anything. Where is the footage? He’s been a black belt for 20 years and where’s the footage?

Back