Do you think Joe Rogan regrets never giving MMA/UFC a chance?

As a fighter. I mean 15 years ago in 2003, when he was 35, had crazy time rolling with a who's who in MMA, taekwon do champion, but black belt, etc.

It was a weird cross road for him I imagine. He was making money from broadcasting, tv shows like fear factor etc.

I'm not saying Joe was going to go on some tear but back then drug tests were lax and he could have passed them, he could have had a fight or two.

It's too late now. I remember him calling out Wesley snipes. I think Joe admitted that much that he doesn't react well to getting hit in the face. He knows how dangerous it is, and at that point he was already making money from other ventures.

But I know he has a little regret.

Hmmmm... Makes more money. Works less. Eats and drinks whatever he feels like. No CTE.

I'm thinking he's probably okay with how things turned out.

He's good he made that NewsRadio money
LzqO.gif

Underrated show.

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.

TKD Black Belt
10th Planet BJJ Black Belt
Consistently trains muay Thai and boxing
Watched MMA evolve firsthand
Trains with high level MMA fighters and BJJ competitors on a fairly regular basis for years

He knows a decent chunk of information.

You kids never give this a rest

Facts:

Joe Rogan himself has said, multiple fucking times, that he realized quick he doesn't like being hit in the head. He does not try to hide this fact. He admits to getting knocked out in professional kickboxing, and knowing that wasn't the life for him.

Joe Rogan is a National Champion in TKD

Joe Rogan is a fucking L.E.G.I.T black belt in BJJ

Joe Rogan, despite not being a fighter, would push over and fuck anyone in the ass on sherdog he wanted to. All you fat boys that say he is a wannabe/pretended, Joe could literally kill you in under 5 minutes. At the ripe old age of 50 or whatever he is.

LOL

Don't get carried away, bro.

I hespect Joe as a martial artist but I'd knock him out.

How legit is that black belt? I want some footage. Do you think black belts are exclusive these days? You can practically buy them online. A real black belt has accolades and proof behind them. Just saying “I have a black belt” doesn’t mean you actually have a black belt.

He has one of the most legit high level blackbelts going. Infact it took Rogan a whole 9 years to get it. Not like he just earned it over night.. and he was alreaddy a Taekwondo blackbelt before that, but yet it still took him a further 9 years to get a jitz belt. Its legit.

Honestly if you don't know how good Eddiq bravos jitz is or how well Eddie did vs gracies, you might want to look it up. Theres a reason eddie bravo has one of the biggest ju jitsu tournaments going now too!

LOL

Don't get carried away, bro.

I hespect Joe as a martial artist but I'd knock him out.

Joe would destroy you on the ground (a bunch of pro MMA fighters have commented how strong joe is, hes worked out longer than you have probably been alive.) His kick literally hits harder than ngannous punch. Good luck taking that kick mate, and don't try and pretend you can take those kicks because it will cause the whole of sherdog to cringe at the same time. You'd never suggest you could take a shot from Ngannou.

<6>

I still think UFC should book a freak matchup between him and CM Punk. Have Punk call out Rogan for criticizing his lack of skills in the octagon when he himself never had the sack to even step in the cage. Eventually the UFC decides to book a fight between them. I think this would generate a lot of cool attention.

No way dude haha. If Rogan was Punks age he would have destroyed Punk.. Hell he would still now. Just grab him and choke him out. Blast him with a leg kick.. easy

Rogan got ethered By macaulay culkin the other day. Joe brought up Doug Stanhope and culkin said he had no idea who he was. You could tell Joe was super butthurt about it.

No way dude haha. If Rogan was Punks age he would have destroyed Punk.. Hell he would still now. Just grab him and choke him out. Blast him with a leg kick.. easy

lol That's what I was thinking would happen. UFC wouldn't mind, Rogan's one of the cornerstones of the promotion and Punk shit the bed twice. Would be worth it.

Facepalm.

He said he tried fighting and because of years of TKD his hands both offensively and defensively we're atrocious.

He said his last fight was 88/89 but he didn't lose the fight bug completely until 94ish.

No. He prefers drooling over men and grappling with Eddie bravo when high

I fought full-contact ammy kickboxing (international rules, leg kicks) from ‘00-‘05 going 11-1 losing a rematch by decision vs a person I had previously beat by dec.

I fought ammy MMA from ‘06-‘08 going 9-3
with 6 wins by submission. Ive cornered over 100 pro/ammy bouts including bouts in Strikeforce and many Bellator shows.

I have a 2nd degree BB in Kenpo with tons of “point-fighting” trophies and am a long time brown in jitz (competing).

Tell me how again Joe is more accomplished of a martial artist than me? Because TV makes him famous? Because million of sheep people believe everything that comes out of his mouth on his podcast?
because hes a champion taekwondo competitor, a black belt in jiu jitsu and also has amateur kickboxing experience

taking what you say as the truth because i believe you, are you trying to say your accomplishments match up? because they do not.

You would think that an MMA forum is the last place where you'd have incredibly dumb people fall for Rogain's crafted fake tough guy image.

You would think that an MMA forum is the last place where you'd have incredibly dumb people fall for Rogain's crafted fake tough guy image.

Rogan has never tried to imply that he has a tough guy image. Where is all this BS coming from?

Joe Rogan is not, never was, and never will be a fighter. This is all a facade created by him to look tough and cool around fighters. But the truth is, Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He wants to be a fighter but the sad part is he is nowhere near that. So he has to create this little narrative that he’s a martial arts master to the general public. But in reality, the guy couldn’t fight his way out of a kindergarten recess. In short, Joe Rogan is a wanna be goofball who cannot fight for shit. Don’t believe the narrative he’s pushing.

nah...you should have stopped after that first sentence.

Joe has freely admitted that he has no business competing in the cage and has often remarked that it takes a special mindset (that he does not have) to be a professional fighter.

what 'narrative' are you talking about? he competed in TKD, has trained in muay thai, and has a bb in BJJ...and he has never claimed to be some 'master' of anything to anyone.

if the likes of GSP see fit to take pointers from him on certain kicking technique, that should tell you something...unless you are one of those skeptical-of-everything types who think that was all for show. Both Firas and Danaher were very complimentary towards him and they are not your standard ball washers who feel the need to praise everyone.

Rogan has never tried to imply that he has a tough guy image. Where is all this BS coming from?

He has always implied it. If you were to pay attention to threads like this where those who are wise to it explain it, you'd know. In the meantime you're sitting there beating off to his pad kicking videos about what a badass he is yet you're asking me how he's making himself look like a tough guy. Don't be a schmuck kid.

I bet he would make you beg for your life keyboard warrior.

No, it’s not legit unless we see him grapple. Wher s the footage? Unless you have footage you’re literally basing his BJJ skills off the fact that someone he is close to gave him a belt. Just because you have the belt doesn’t mean anything. Where is the footage? He’s been a black belt for 20 years and where’s the footage?

What footage? Of him rolling with people? There is plenty of that. Remember the one where the myspace guy challenged him and then Joe kicked his ass and millions of people laughed at him?

How legit is that black belt? I want some footage. Do you think black belts are exclusive these days? You can practically buy them online. A real black belt has accolades and proof behind them. Just saying “I have a black belt” doesn’t mean you actually have a black belt.

Which black belt? The one he got from Jean Jacques Machado or the one from Eddie Bravo?

Back